Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And DMC1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

I would also like some weird bad games.

Michigan Report From Hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What's everyone's favorite controller to use with Steam? I like my wired 360 controller that I've had for years, but the dpad is balls. I'd also just like a second controller for playing with other people on PC locally. The Steam controller is on sale right now, but I hear lots of mixed things about it? Leaning towards a DS4, though I don't care for the weird touchpad thing on it.

I use an 8bitdo SNES recreation controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

idk it's probably hard to come up with video game titles that don't sound generic

Horizon Zero Dawn is some grade-A video game word salad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Now that I've beaten REVII, I can finally go on to Nioh.

I have a whopping week for it before the Switch.

im stuck on the final boss of SMTIV Apocalypse and i desperately want to clear it off the list since I just bought 3 ys games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I liked the Teens React to old Nintendo Games. That made me feel super old

Edit: Holy poo poo, Nier: Automata is an open world game? I thought it was like Revengeance

Nier was aswell so I assumed it would kinda be like the original

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WEll i finally did it: I actually finished an SMT game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

which ending allignment?

It was apocalypse so Im not too sure. I chose to turn against dagda and destroy the egg and then kill YHVH

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

that sounds cool

It was probably the best JRPG Ive ever played. Well, mechanics/challenge wise, I probably still like some FF or DQ games more for charm and story. Im definitely going to play more SMT games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I occasionally enjoy a story, but it has to be absolutely exceptional, like FF7.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

A lot of jRPG final dungeons are excessively long or terrible which doesn't help a lot.

Apocalypse is like the poster child for this, that final dungeon comes completely out of left field and is just shockingly bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked FF7's final dungeon, and the save point gimmick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't GTA online make billions of dollars too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

What I like about Conquest is that, yes, it's a lot harder than Birthright, but it achieves that by being smarter, rather than just giving enemies really big numbers. Enemies get skills like your units do and often have those skills in clever/evil combinations. I remember one map that had ninjas with 3-range weapons who had the Lunge skill, so they would swap places with whoever they hit. That could lead to one of your units getting dragged really far behind enemy lines, so any approach had to be juuuuust right or things would get ugly fast.

Are you playing on Classic or Casual? When you get to Conquest, playing on Classic will really test your patience for restarting maps, but I will say that finishing Conquest on Hard/Classic with zero deaths was maybe the most satisfying gaming experience I've had in years.

That lunge death chamber level is so hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought the Duke thing was gonna be a standalone gag mission, but holy crap they recorded the entire campaign with him. What a bizarre thing to do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bulletstorm kinda pwns and it deserves better than this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think a lot of the character designs and writing are ugly as hell and off putting but it had a color palette wider than 3 kinds of gray in the 360 Era and the skillshot system was a lot of drat fun, and it was a short game worth replaying for high scores. It should have a pared down sequel with no voice acting or story but more skillshots and weapons! But instead we got the same game again but with Duke Mothershitting Nukem in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lengthy chuckling when Snake shares his real name

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm wary of BotW because it's illegal for game reviewers to say bad things about Zelda games. Personally I haven't enjoyed a 3D Zelda since WW so I'm just going to wait and see. Nothing about BotW makes me very interested in it either...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nothing will ever top Majora's Mask I think. Just because of how singular and strange that game is, I don't know if Nintendo will ever make a risk like that again with the name Zelda on the packaging

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

I mean I don't really give a poo poo if it's the ultimate game or whatever I just know that I can count the number of Zelda games I didn't like on one hand and that's if I'm being generous and include the CD-i games.

Yeah same. But they're all 3D ones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should make a new Zelda II like Capcom treated MM9/10

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In bigger news today, ASW announced Rev 2 is coming out day and date on PC and PS4. It's a miracle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Was Simon's Quest one of the Castlevania games you skipped when you were trying them? Because it's pretty close.

Yeah, but I actually kinda like Zelda II. Simon's Quest is just similar but I very quickly got fed up with the day/night cycle and talking to a million villagers. That said I haven't finished either, so it's not like I'm in love with Zelda II either. It just seems like it's ripe for revisitation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the best game

MGS3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving nailed it :cheerdoge:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the best game allowed to be less than 10 years old

Yes bloodborne is eligible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macaluso posted:

The Avatar land at Disney's Animal Kingdom is opening soon so it's SORT OF relevant again. Sort of

Theres new movies too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is lost planet cool? I realized I had a key for LP3 from a humble bundle or something and was thinking of checking the series out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The original tomb raider games were only popular because of their marketing and Lara's boobs and rear end. You'd have to be insane to actually enjoy playing those games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

I love them

Granted I haven't played them in 20 years or whatever but i never got the appeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

March Games on Like a Lion

• Locked thread