Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

precision posted:

Is Lord British still rich? I guess making one good game 30 years ago goes a long way.

Not only is he still rich but he owned all the ppl at Nexon or whoever tried to screw him with the best possible retort of all time: I couldnt have signed that document because I was in space at that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I thought I was going to hate Bulletstorm but it was probably the best FPS of 2011. Im pretty sure thats damning with faint praise both Bulletstorm and every other piece of crap that came out alongside of it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

In Training posted:

Bulletstorm kinda pwns and it deserves better than this.

Bulletstorm was a good idea implemented Sorta OK that could have pwned if it was polished more. A few of the weapons had really well designed skillshots (the grenade launcher is my goto for this) so why the HELL did they totally poo poo the bed with others. I really hate how half the pistol skillshots are entirely luck based depending on which way the wacky rocket sends people.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Grenade Gag 25 Wrap a flail around the head of and enemy and explode it
Gang Bang 25 Kill two or more enemies with a single flail explosion
Minefield 25 Kill an enemy by exploding a flail attached to the surface
Sadist 50 Wrap a flail around an enemy and kill him before it explodes
Meat Slicer 50 Slice an enemy in half while wrapping the flail around an object
Head Slicer 100 Decapitate an enemy after wrapping the flail around an object
Homie Missile 100 Kick a flail-wrapped enemy to kill another enemy
Smart Mine 100 Use a flail-wrapped enemy to kill an airborne enemy
Chain Reaction 50 CHARGED: Slice two or more enemies in half using a flail Charge Shot
French Revolution 100 CHARGED: Decapitate two or more enemies with a flail Charge Shot

Ok, flail gun. Shoots out two grenades chained together. Theres multiple ways to hit people with this weapon in unique ways and they all make up the top half. Then you have "Homie Missile" and "Smart Mine" both of which can utilize the kick and the whip, so you tie in all of the games side systems into the skillshot mechanic for this weapon as well. The remainder can be activated pretty painlessly using the super. Very good!

One Hit Wonder 25 Kill an enemy with one shot from the Screamer.
Surgeon 25 Kill an enemy with the Screamer by shooting only one single limb repeatedly.
Fast Draw 50 Kill an enemy the moment you have them in your sights with the Screamer.
Snapshot 50 Kill an airborne enemy the moment you have them in your sights with the Screamer.
Gunslinger 100 Score two or more Fast Draws or Snapshots in a row with the Screamer.
Enlightenment 50 CHARGED: Shoot an enemy in the head with a charged Screamer and have it detonate.
Misfire 50 CHARGED: Shoot an enemy with a charged Screamer and have them die from something else before it explodes.
Fireball 50 CHARGED: Shoot an enemy with a flare so that it explodes and kills another enemy.
Fireworks 50 CHARGED: Shoot an enemy with a charged Screamer shot, and have them explode 20 meters or higher in the air. (Best used on thumped enemies)
Firefighter 100 CHARGED: Ignite three or more enemies and kill them while they are burning.

Ok, pistol. I hate Fast Draw and Snapshot because the tooltip should really say how long you have to activate the skill. Is it a quarter of a second? Is it more? Less? Who fuckin knows. Since Gunslinger builds off of a mechanic thats already ambiguous its also bullshit. Then you have fully half of the skillshots which are all dependent on the special attack, which comes out in a random pattern and flies around randomly, to do specific things. Awesome fuckin weapon, Epic. Yall really thought long and hard about this piece of garbage didnt you?! Thanks for undoing all my good will from the well made flail gun!!!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This game starts with you forging a new One Ring, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Two Ring <- I took this joke from someone else

• Locked thread