Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Xbox One has zero good exclusives and all the multiplat stuff runs better on PS4/PC.

It is an utterly pointless console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm about 4 hours into RE7 and I'm really not feeling it at all :(

It looks nice and the environments are suitably spooky/gross but I'm just not enjoying the game part. It has the usual item juggling from previous entries in the series but it plays more like a linear shooter than anything else and the 'family' are lovely and annoying to fight/run away from. I hear the last third is least than stellar as well.

I'll finish it or whatever but I might not bother with the PSVR playthrough I had planned to do.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

I enjoyed the start but yeah if you're not liking it now it's going to get worse rather than better.

That's a pity :( Think I'm about halfway through so I'll push on to the end.

I presume it unlocks some kind of more powerful weapons for the second playthrough? That's still a RE series staple, right?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

Sniper Elite IV finished downloading but FF14's siren call keeps me from playing anything else, at least for very long

I need help

FF14 is really great.

I was thoroughly bored of MMOs in general when i first tried it but it is just so chill and forgiving to new players that i fell in love with it straight away.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GUI posted:

I finished GTAV today. I stand by what I said in another one of my (bad) posts: the city atmosphere and graphics are incredible but the gameplay is absolute garbage. Too bad ~~ video game reviewers ~~ put production values and polish above everything else because that 97% metacritic is crazy. Did no one care about the clunky on-foot movement? Did everyone really love how dozens of missions are interactive driving/piloting cutscenes that you can't fail unless you really intentionally try? Did everyone love how most side missions are 30-100 collectible fetch quests or mind numbing tedium? Did no one care about how the game abruptly wraps up in the final mission with no build-up???? Whatever, video games.

Pretty much sums up how i felt about the game.

An amazingly well designed world with incredibly dull missions that make you drive someplace for 15 minutes before anything happens. Also, the top half of the map was fairly empty and pointless.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

That is one of the most generic FPS games i have ever seen.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

I honestly don't know what's going on with any of the animations in this

Mass Effect is one of those series that i can't even figure out who the audience for it is. Everything i see of it just looks clunky and mid-to-late-2000s-as-gently caress.

Same as Gears and Halo. Who gives even half a poo poo about any of these franchises any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

That's a little harsh. Who cared about DOOM, or Tomb Raider, or Wolfenstein between their heyday and their most recent releases?

Honestly, i found DOOM and Wolfenstein to be perfectly alright but perfectly dull at the same time and Tomb Raider 2013 was the good one but the newer one added open-world poo poo and boring subquests that were just utter poo poo.

• Locked thread