Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

Do they... do they think his name is Berserk?

VIDEO KID: Cowboy BeBop at his computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I do think it is neat with the final book that you have to figure out how to properly play out the prophecy for everything to work out "best"

I also like that there are specific bits of unique dialogue for bringing certain wrong characters to a boss.

I feel like Mercedes got shafted during that whole thing, though. Like, drat. Also, I think it would have been cool to have a Vulcan book but I can imagine the game feeling way too long then.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Hell they just made that padding the entire point of the game in Dragon's Crown.

What about that game they made with NIS, grim grimoire?

What even was that game, I saw screenshots but I can't remember what kind of game it is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

I also felt terrible for Mercedes.

Yeah, it was kinda strange how every other playable character was given an out as a means of surviving the end of the world but Mercedes is just like "welp I did a thing, time to explode"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do they tie the snake up in a knot in that

I want to know what happens if you make your snake into a knot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody here heard about that metroid prequel romhack thing, metroid before dawn or whatever? How is it?

MinibarMatchman posted:

River City Ransom Underground is FINALLY arriving this month after almost 4 years and it is glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us7MnovsPKs

Yessssssssssssssssssss fuckin finally!! I was so excited this time last year but they were like "yeah it'll be released q1 2016!" "q2!" "q3!" "q4!" so I'm glad it has a definitive release date. I'm excited as gently caress for it :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wanna play dat game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Knuckles' Funeral & Knuckles

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
King Boom Boo laughin it up rn

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jonathan...blows???

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The jontron dating sim

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

no win conditions in that game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
HHi everybody I am currently at a one-day anuime convention and I am operating on not a lot of restul sleep and my fiancee bought a cute little pokemon pikachu blind bag thing where it's a bunch of mmini furniture based around pikachu and the blind bag she got ended up having a pokemon tv with a pikachu hanging off of it and a soda and a bucket of popcorn with a pokemon label on it and it is fun except for the part where I am struggling to stay awake and am on the verge of crashing and I might just head out to the carr and fall asleep for a few hours because ughhhhhh

How is everybody else doing today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
At this anime convention I went to I had to listen to a lady sing this song live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBdEDfLdIg0

and now you can too!!!!

Includes the lyrics "if life is a piece of cake, then the cake is a lie!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Did they book her as a guest or was she in a contest?

She does the opening ceremonies and has been the special guest for the last 3 or so cons

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah she sings those too, she has her own panel where she just sings her songs and sometimes makes them up. I think I posted about her in one of these threads before at the last con but still lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, this one-day con is now officially a real con since there was someone in the market room selling wallscrolls of something called gantz 0 that were lewd enough that they had to attach sticky notes to censor it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everybody, what's shakin in here

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Watching Sealab on Adult Swim. I haven't had cable in 4 years so this is pretty sweet.

Pre or post murphy?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I am trying to play Burnout Paradise but it won't recognize my controller no matter what I do even though it's listed in the controller menu. I am trying so hard and I have had to listen to the opening of Guns n' Roses' Paradise City so much now that I want to cry

Aww :( Hang in there and power through, I'm sure you'll figure out something soon!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked everything about RCR EX except for the box art

e:

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 6, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Megatokyo lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For some reason I still remember the awful super duper sumos theme

THEY'VE GOT GUTS!

AND BUTTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9nhr38z1MQ

Jeeze

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
2 chicks at the same time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A friend is treating KCB & I to a movie

the movie is the new yugioh movie that is in theaters

lmao I'm gonna go see a yugioh movie guys!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if tristan's gonna be usefulhaahhahahahahaa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember when the first yugioh movie came out. I didn't see it but all the commercials had a disclaimer saying that the movie may upset children because of the depiction of monsters

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I saw the new yugioh movie

it was lol

We had a good time laughing at it because it was just a bunch of dumb bullshit all the way through lol

also Joey pulled one of these faces during it and I laughed cause it is terrifying

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Movie theater popcorn

There were like 8 people there including KCB, myself, our friend, and said friend's jackass of a fiance

I think it was mostly adults

I wonder how much the card I got can go for on ebay

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I noticed something pretty fascinating psychology-wise while playing through the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne the one time (that I will never do again). At first I started off as frightened of the spiders as I usually am, but over time I grew almost annulled to the fear of them. I would see them hanging from the ceiling and go "ew", but I wouldn't want to shut off the game immediately.

To this day I still believe that's the only reason I was able to finish them, I saw and fought SO MANY SPIDERS in such a short time that I grew almost used to seeing them. Occasionally I would open a closed door and there'd be 10 spiders on the other side and I would freak the gently caress out but drawing them one-on-one or rushing into a group to beat up the bell lady spawning them became not only possible, but feasible! I tried again several weeks later and was back to the shut-the-game-off instinct. Very interesting.

I had a similar experience with the game Trilby's Notes, a freeware horror adventure game by Yahtzee. The game has a gimmick of switching between the normal world and dark world, where dark world is all silent hill style blood and gore and rust everywhere and normal world is, well, normal, except you occasionally get hallucinations of horrifying things in the normal world. At the start of the game, I was really afraid to go into the dark world and I would take the pills any chance I could to keep myself from going into the dark world but by the end of the game, I had become more accustomed to the dark world and, in fact, preferred being there to being in the normal world since the (imo) scarier hallucinations didn't happen in the dark world. It was easier for me to handle seeing gore everywhere than it was to walk into a room and find myself in a completely different game, or find that every interaction has been replaced with "it hurts" repeated over and over.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want from software to bring over the monster hunter animal crossing-esque game they made >:[

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

When will we get 3D Dot Game Heroes on PC, I ask.

I wonder what from is working on for the switch

Maybe 3d dot game heroes 2

Or maybe a switch port of the monster hunter animal crossing style game thing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Let's play this gross hosed-up game, as a joke haha

No, see, that's a thing you can actually do

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a fine line, tho, mostly in terms of how you present it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm looking at some of the ultra beasts in pokemon and man, Celesteela is just a shin megami tensei monster isn't it

Reminds me of something out of digital devil saga like this one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

their clothes fall off

Of course they do

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was looking at that cancelled brothers in arms game and man, I knew that stuff from it was repurposed for battleborn but looking at this character art makes it kinda obvious haha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh lol I thought it was just the character design that was reused but nope, they're both named Montana too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Did you guys even see the movie, come on!

That was daisy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did anybody besides me click that one dude's stream link of him making some animation about dota 2

cause hoo boy, I don't like wanna come off as some kinda rear end in a top hat or anything since he's certainly trying but

hoo boy it doesn't look good

• Locked thread