Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

hi i'm daisy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey hey hey hey

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup people

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Kidney stones again, which means I am trapped in bed, but also means I can shirk off my college homework to finish Nioh :confuoot:

I like the game a lot more than I did when I posted about it a while back, it's grown on me significantly, but boy are the repetitive enemies starting to wear out their welcome as I near in on the end. Definitely enjoyed it though. What's new with you?

RIP your kidneys

I'm not doing much of anything. Looking up costuming poo poo, might play a game, idk. Just bored. I wanted to stream earlier but nobody was around for it so meh, so I just sat back doing nothing lol

Sometimes I think about asking if anybody in here wants to be in for a stream but I feel like that'd be kinda tacky and tasteless and I don't want people thinking I'm trying to shill or whatever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Have some music that I like, games chat thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAyNuQDNSAU

Red Bones posted:

My landlady returned from the hospital with her newborn baby yesterday and I got about four or five hours of sleep last night between all the crying, so I think I might have to move.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm sure things will quiet down sooner than later though, so try to stick through it (unless you're really jonesing to move and this is the specific push needed to get you out of there).

CJacobs posted:

Just be like your pal cjacobs and don't give a drat if people think you're shilling. :v:

I care too much about how others see me because I don't want to hurt other people or be a burden to them and my streams are usually just an excuse for me to talk to people while I play lovely games (or good games, but mostly lovely) and I don't really expect anyone to pay attention to the games I play. I just like the company, as pathetic as that sounds.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've been craving a little stress in my games so I turned Cook Serve Delicious back on and finally finished getting the best restaurant and acing the Hungry Festivities.

The problem with this game is that it keeps showing me delicious food, so I'm gonna have to break out the rice cooker tomorrow and make something fancy for myself.

CSD is really good and has good food in it. What do you think you will make with your rice cooker? Maybe I should make some rice tomorrow too, rice and steamed...something, I'm sure I have something in the fridge that'll taste good steamed. Salmon maybe.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

That's also why I stream and most of the reason I make let's plays so don't worry about it.

You should be in a stream with me some time while I read bad visual novels or play bad rpgmaker games or play flawed but enjoyable games :D

StrixNebulosa posted:

Depending on if there's any chicken left over by the time I get up, I'm thinking rice + veggies + chicken in the cooker - so technically not fancy, but it'll be a change of pace from the burritos I've been having. :D

Also, I beat the main game mode in CSD and good lord the game does not screw around in extreme mode. The customers have no patience, you have to play nearly perfectly just to keep things from timing out, and hoo boy. I want those achievements, but may not be capable of 'em!

Man I could go for a good burrito right now. Maybe I'll see if I can get the materials for them tomorrow or something, idk.

I didn't play much of CSD but I watched KCB play a ton of it and beat it and tbh, it seemed like the biggest issue was the cell phone dating stuff because the texting task would take soooooo long. I heard they patched that to be shorter though so it's more reasonable to do in-between handling janitorial duties and making food and handling crime sketches.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Vanillaware is a developer that really loves two things: food and women, in that order.

What are some other devs who love food and shove food stuff into their games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The people who made FF15

VanillaWare actually loves three things: food, women and insanely ripped dwarves.

I thought the dwarves were just a side effect of their love for insanely ripped women

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I have preordered the Neon Joycon Switch :)

Congrats!!

I'm jelly

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

WHat's the best Wonderswan or Wonderswan Color game.

SaGa 1 obviously :v:

Mak0rz posted:

OK I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts for the first time and this game is actually pretty bad, holy poo poo.

Everything is pretty much expected until you hit a boss battle and suddenly it's a damage race between two-hit kill attacks and your idiot teammates cramming potions up your rear end in time.

I'm at the second Ursula battle right now and it's just so, so bad. So bad.

I used to have lots of trouble with that fight when I was younger until I discovered that Aero is actually a really good spell.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What does "woke" mean in this context

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is this one of those situations where people are mad that they're not allowed to be jerks to other people without recourse so they try coming up with names to make it sound like a bad thing to be nice to people and treat them equally and not be a jerk to people

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I have horrible depression and this is what happens to me more often than not. I want to play video games but then I don't even care enough to play video games

Same.

gently caress depression.

I'm worse off without my pills but I wish my pills did more than they're currently doing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The worst for me is the trinity of PTSD leading to lots of excessive panic, generalized anxiety causing lots of extra stress, and major depressive disorder bringing on feelings of helplessness so it's like this combination of uselessness, helplessness, despair, panic, desperately attempting to shut my brain off, and then just kind of going numb and zoning out and letting my mind disappear elsewhere so I can just stop thinking for a while.

February E/N Chat Thread: It's Not Mental Health Month Yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is mass effect 4 going to have kevin sorbo dlc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

"Hitler was right to"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNtYHswzFzM

I wanna pet those cats

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I will always like the webcomic "1/0" even if people say it is not good and, in fact, bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do any of you know if there is a thread for discussion of OCD stuff, I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. Mostly I'm just trying to see if there's a name for something I have to deal with and I can't seem to get google to spit out any good information for me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

:yeah:

Now that was a silly, charming comic that had some neat thought put into it. It wasn't the magnum opus I thought it was when I read it in my teens, but it still holds up as a good webcomic....and it's even better because it has an actual ending.

Yeah I think maybe the worst part of it is probably the stuff with the worm from what I remember, but even then, I thought it ended in a very satisfying way and managed to have a cast that managed to have enough personality to keep things interesting.

Nasgate posted:

I dont know about that question. But you can ask here, or dm me or on steam(same username) and i can try and help. I live with two psychologists so we could try and point you the right way. Thoughts go out to you either way. Ocd is rough stuff to deal with.

Ok so I know I've definitely got something going on, but I'm gonna try to explain it as best as I can.

It doesn't come up all the time, but when it does, it goes full steam. There are three kinds of things that will happen, in varying combinations.

1. I'll have to do something x amount of times. Over the years I've managed to dial this back just out of sheer force of will alone that it mostly seems to happen when I'm drinking somehow nowadays, with me having to count out how long I'm taking to drink something, or count how many gulps I'm taking of something, with me having to count to specific numbers. It has to be 3, 5, or 10. 3 gulps, or 5 gulps, or 10 gulps, or 10 sets of 3 gulps each, or 10 sets of 10 gulps each, with an extra 10 at the end to "finish" the previous 10s off. I don't know how to describe it other than that.
2. Edges. When I touch an edge of something, I feel like I have to retrace it, except I'm not good at retracing it exactly, so I have to retrace those retraces and this keeps going until my brain finally decides "ok you've done it enough," except that this can take several minutes and the way it works out, it can lead to me doing something like "I touched the edge of my finger with another finger, and while trying to retrace that, I touched another part of my hand to something else, and now I need to retrace that at the same time, and I need to retrace all of these in the correct order or it is bad and wrong and I can't deal with it."
3. I find myself having to backtrack. For example, I'll move the mouse cursor around and move it past a button that I don't click, and then feel like I have to move the cursor in the exact same way back through whatever button I didn't click so that I can then move the mouse around the button and then continue on. This gets especially annoying and frustrating in combination with the above retracing where I have to retrace things in the reverse order that I did them in.

It doesn't come up all the time, but it's really causing me poo poo right now, and I've spoken with my therapist and psychiatrist about this stuff and they agree that it's likely some form of OCD but I don't know if there is a specific name for these kinds of tendencies, if these kinds of examples are common to people with OCD or not.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Too bad Final Fantasy 10 forgot to have dungeons or a world map.

It had both actually, just in different ways than usual

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked Sub-Terrania for the genesis. It had neat music too. The music was done by Jesper Kyd iirc. I think that's his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqPFOikYGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdm86oDcB8I

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is completely out of nowhere, but I always thought it was strange that rugrats in paris had such a heavily japanese theme to it, like they couldn't decide between "rugrats go to paris" and "rugrats go to japan" so they just combined the two

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

That is really weird now that you mention it. Maybe its because everything cool about paris is for adults

Like, I remember a shot of the eiffel tower but other than that it was all sumo wrestlers and pagodas

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:thermidor:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm pretty sure the matrix was made because the wachowski's saw ghost in the shell and were like "we wanna make a movie like this"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I dunno, I watched GitS a few times before seeing the Matrix and felt they were very distinct. The stories were not that similar and the main point of comparison is that are cyberpunk with guns.

quote:

Ghost in the Shell (film)
Japanese director Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell strongly influenced the Matrix. Producer Joel Silver has stated that the Wachowski brothers first described their intentions for The Matrix by showing him that anime and saying, "We wanna do that for real". Mitsuhisa Ishikawa of Production I.G, which produced Ghost in the Shell, noted that the anime's high-quality visuals were a strong source of inspiration for the Wachowski brothers. He also commented, "... cyberpunk films are very difficult to describe to a third person. I'd imagine that The Matrix is the kind of film that was very difficult to draw up a written proposal for to take to film studios." He stated that since Ghost in the Shell had gained recognition in America, the Wachowski brothers used it as a "promotional tool".

It was a heavy inspiration on the style and aesthetic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Fair enough, but it also drew inspiration from martial arts films and other sci if sources. The rhythm of the movies also felt very different. GitS had long quiet relatively slow sequences punctuated by intense action (that even followed this rhythm) while the Matrix was characterized by constant visual kinetic and the whole bullet time thing.

I'm just saying that the wachowski's are anime fanboys and wanted to make their own ghost in the shell type thing.

Their best film is speed racer imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I never got around to seeing it. Maybe one of these days.

I've heard it is one of the best reasons to own a bluray player. I can't speak for that tho. All I can say is that it is simultaneously a very good and faithful adaptation that is true to its source material while also doing some pretty great stuff with its source material to change it up in interesting ways. It is a very sincere movie.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Yup, that's it! Thanks! :)

I didn't even know there was a Vegas Vacation movie.

I've never even heard of it until just now and the only national lampoon film I've seen was family vacation and even that was only bits and pieces, so idk who you were thinking of

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

So I've been trying out System Shock 1 and...this game is a joy to look at? It's all bright and poppy with fun level design, and I just really, really like it....and, well, this killed my interest in the remake. I checked out the demo of that, and it's all dark and gloomy and just lacks this great aesthetic.

And I mean, the original still has dark areas, but it's just...fun to look at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRSpyNK7JL0

I dunno, it still looks pretty colorful and stuff. Lights are way brighter tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
From russia with glove

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi feb games chat thread, not sticking around long because I'm tired and am gonna try to sleep because I'm not feeling well, but I haven't told anybody that I hope they're doing well in a while and I wanted everyone here to know that I'm still thinking of them and wishing them the best. Keep on keeping on. I believe in you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Red is real bad game and the best OP game, Pirate Warriors 3, is on PC.

Pirate Warriors 3 is fun but I'm still surprised I can't play as Arlong or as the giraffe samurai. Wtf

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's up everybody? How's everyone doing tonight. Or early morning rather.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Good, even if my knee's hurting a bit. (I sat on it weird.)

Game-wise I sat through two tedious hours of the Silver Case, and, darnit, I'm so close to the end of the whole thing that I can't stop now, but my god the sheen of this game has worn off. The writing is terrible, the plot makes little to no sense, characters are killing each other for reasons, and then it made me walk through the same level TEN TIMES with minor variations just because it could waste my time. I wish I could refund it, but nope.

...Which just makes me even madder, because this game could have been fantastic. I love its aesthetic, how weird it is, the bizarre concept of this murderer they're tracking down - but again. The writing takes the neatest concepts and reduces them to the most mundane, boring stuff and squanders itself and ughhhh.

So I've been chilling with Mini Metro to unwind from that, and :toot: got another tricky achievement finished! :D

Silver Case is a suda 51 game yea? I'm not surprised it has parts where it just wastes your time with tedious nonsense and bleh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played some of this old ps2 game called Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny. It's not good, but I never beat it and I wanted to power through it since it has one really good character in it who is completed wasted on the game he's in lol.

Also I saw this trailer for the korean version of dungeon fighter online's next update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4EWN0P0rE

They're finally adding in female priests and they look rad as hell :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Had a long week of being sick but finally feeling pretty much back at 100%. Watching tv and playing games. How you doing, FAK?

I'm doing ok, better than usual. Still not the best, but some things are going on currently that I'm glad about so I've been a little more chipper than usual. Glad that you're feeling better though! :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Always name Frog >> Glenn, Marle >> Nadia, and Robo >> R66-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Agnostalgia posted:

No Magus >> Janus?

Can you rename Magus? I can't remember.

• Locked thread