Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Huh. Does it just retroactively change any mentions of his name to his new name or do the old references still call him Magus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
HEY ADOL, WE'RE REALLY SAILING AWAY

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm the dummy who cares about the overarching plot of the ys series and how everything will hopefully tie together some day since there have been plenty of hints since ys 6 regarding how the various different civilizations all tie together in one way or another.

I'm also the dummy who wants them to just remake 5 already so I can play that and be like "oh ok" since I think 5 is the one ys game that hasn't had an english release yet (that I know of at least)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I care about the overarching plot insofar as Adol should never get on another boat again.

Ys 6 had this whole thing going where it had its own plot but if you looked at its plot in comparison to previous games, you could see a lot of parallels between it and previous titles and I am convinced that they weren't just coincidental. Winged beings descending to an island to act as deities, high-tech machinery created by said deities, high-tech ancient ruins that a character in ys origins shares his name with, bosses that are leftover monstrous creations on the islands that share their names with a similar beast in ys 3, and then some sort of mysterious creature in the ruins of amnesia that is never touched upon that I'm left wondering what its importance is that it is left there in the tanks, that there were so many tanks with it being the only one around, that the good ys 6 opening focused on it for a little bit, all that and more. There are just all these random tidbits connecting it to other titles in ways that make the series feel more and more like a conspiracy theorist's cork board

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Corn and corn alone day

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

You are now reminded of Xcom's snake titties

"Eh"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Is there a spiritual sequel to Die by the Sword?

I think there was some crowdfunding thing for a game called "dad by the sword" or something like that, lemme see if I can find it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok yeah I looked it up and it is called Dad By The Sword, but it looks like it is still in development with the dev's site down and the most recent comment being something from 4 weeks ago on a youtube video where the dev said the game was hospitalized and is currently recovering from a hemorrhoid.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got a board game today called magic the gathering arena of the planeswalkers. I've never played any magic the gathering stuff before and never had any interest in it but I was recommended this board game and when I looked into it a little bit, I found out it is just heroscape which looked like a cool board game back when it came out but I never got to try it out. Regardless, this game looks fun and for 15 bucks on clearance at toys r us, it seemed like a steal.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I discovered a cool looking board game yesterday that I hope I can some day afford to buy. It is called Neuroshima Hex!

Players pick out a faction and take turns drawing and placing units in preparation of an attack, then when a player plays an attack thing, all of the attacks go off at once. It looks neat, I like the artwork, I wish I had the money to be able to buy it (yes I know on the previous page I mentioned arena of the planeswalkers but that was my fiancee buying it for both of us to play and I don't like asking her to buy me things since I make zero money and have zero income and am a leech and parasite :\ in every sense of the word :( )

Some more screenshots from the expansion factions.

I've been told that there is a cheap app for smart phones that lets you play the game and that it is one of the best ways to experience it since it keeps track of any maths stuff you'd have to deal with normally during gameplay, but unfortunately I don't have a smart phone and I'm certainly not getting one to play a game on the app store lol

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 25, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The heck does "adulting" mean

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

a difficult time with basic functions, taking care of oneself, cleaning up the house, running errands, etc.

P sure this is just clinical depression

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh ok so "adulting" is just like

someone going "Hey I've gotta go adulting and pick up some groceries" or whatever

ok

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

FirstAidKite you're not old!

I never said I was old. I just haven't heard the term "adulting" before outside of this thread.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The heck does virtue signalling mean

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

like how can anyone complain about that

Depression, I assume

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone, what's up in here

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I installed Civ V with the expansions and DLC from the Humble Bundle a few days ago, but I've got that thing where I can't be bothered to start up a game and try to play it :/

I hate when that happens, it bites. It's like "hey wouldn't it be cool to do ___" but your brain's just all "meh gently caress it let's just sit here and do nothing" instead

StrixNebulosa posted:

Mark of the Ninja is soooo goooooood I just unlocked ravenous insects and my elite guard problem has been taken care of. :unsmigghh:

I never played it but it looked neat. Come to think of it, I haven't played any of the Klei games I own outside of trying and utterly failing to make a mod for Don't Starve.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It isn't even that I want to play don't starve. My fiancee likes it a bunch and I wanted to make a mod for it for her but modding it is insanely annoying because of a lack of documentation on what does what and the tutorials that exist not covering everything I'd need to know in order to mod it. :\

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Would shank be better with greg proops and john dimaggio narrating it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Would anything not?

My posting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I went and saw the lego batman movie today.

It was good! I had a fun time! :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have never beaten any of the SMT games I've played outside of persona 2, and in the case of persona 2 I beat the first persona 2 and only got right up to the end of the second because there were issues preventing me from finishing it so I had to look up an LP for the ending.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the various dungeons that show up in the shadow hearts series of games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad for GTA4 if only because of all of the great racistman3D videos.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ri6dhsnoU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sefal posted:

It somehow also gave me an urge to go play demon's souls.

Sorry if that's :thejoke: but the souls series took heavy inspiration from berserk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Is Lord British still rich? I guess making one good game 30 years ago goes a long way.

I thought it was less "he made one good game" and more that "he made several really good financial decisions involving selling off properties at high prices so that he can use that money to go into space twice"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

He also made a movie about how cool it was that he went into space.

What a cool guy.

I wish I had a puzzle house like him.

He has a secret spiral staircase that lets him access various different levels of his mansion, including a secret basement filled with random trinkets he has picked up from around the world.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

Quick, somebody tell me a quick way to make enough money to buy this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Become a Twitch streamer and stream the game

Ok, how about a way that won't make me feel like a piece of poo poo who begs for cash online lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sell Pokemon cards

drat I really missed the train on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

We need March thread titles.

"March Games Chat Thread: It's March Now"