Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

suuma posted:

Have you played Nioh

yeah I'm like level 25 in it but going very slowly. like Bloodborne it'll probably take me months to get through just because I need to fight everything and everyone

Lurdiak posted:

You gotta clear out the enemies during the daytime for the arcade, and you gotta clear out every section of the warehouse until the pink wrestler shows up. Not sure about the world map problem tho.

I guess I'll have to check again. I did multiplayer and one of my friends couldnt save his game so I assume there's just shitloads of bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are significant bugs, but I genuinely believe in the RCRU team's ability to fix it all. I think they might've committed to a deadline prematurely, and it might be better for people to wait a bit before playing the game if they don't want to have to deal with the bugs or possible balance issues in content that wasn't beta tested. I feel bad for anyone who bought the game on my recommendation and is having a bad time! I didn't mean to sell anyone a bill of goods.

Nah I was going to buy it even before anyone said anything, been waiting on it a while. They'll probably patch it but I'm gonna wait a week for it to cool off

Harrow posted:

I'd guess Zelda's going to run about as well on the Wii U as it does on the Switch, but at a lower resolution and with worse color depth. Unfortunately both of those things are pretty big downsides to me (the colors more than the resolution, I can deal with 720p just fine) so I'm probably going to wait until I get a Switch, even though I'm crazy excited for the game.

Between Horizon and Nier, it probably comes down to which type of gameplay you're up for and how excited you are to look at really pretty graphics. Do you want...
  • ...to shoot things, sneak, gather, craft, fight huge robot dinosaurs, and look at amazing graphics? Get Horizon.
  • ...to do fast-paced melee combat with occasional light bullet hell elements surrounded by a very dramatic anime story and amazing music? Get Nier: Automata.

Honestly I loved the Nier demo and all Platinum games so I'm good there. I haven't played an open world action game since like Witcher 3 and Batman 2 years ago so I'm fresh and ready for a change from all the 1st person and strategy games I spent 2016 playing. Neither are big question marks for me--the only question here is "does Zelda WiiU run at 30fps reliably"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

It does not, and by all reports, neither does the Switch version. The difference between the two is really just resolution, environment detail, and (probably) color depth.

wow, nevermind then, how the gently caress do you put out a game in 2017 that dips that badly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nasgate posted:

The difference between 60 and 30 is pretty negligible to me. The main problem is that if it's a pretty game 30fps is usually an indicator that the game will slow down when explosions and other effects show up.

Tldr if it's steady i dont care.

pretty much this, I don't care if it's 60 or 30 if it's steady but going for a benchmark of 30 and getting dips of down to like probably 25 is gross as gently caress. if you can deal with it then god bless but I don't know how the gently caress anyone can bear it, especially if it messes with your inputs in an action game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glam rock hamhock posted:

Eh, botw looks cool and I have ita ordered but the hype it has now isn't all that different than the hype TP and SS had when they were related so time will tell how much of a bombshell this will end up being

when skyward sword was trending at like perfect 10s, jfc. yet you can't step on the loving lawn without Siri telling you no

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

It's never as explicitly shown as the other masks are, but it's still pretty clear. Butler tells you you remind him of his son and he's seen during the game's ending mourning at the creepy scrub snag near where you are first transformed.

Speaking of Majora's Mask and framerates from a while back: the game maxed out at 20 fps if I remember right and routinely dropped below that. Easily playable for Zelda, but if that were a shooty action game it would be a bit harder (e.g. Turok 2)

Oh speak of the devil!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUOrDli_HXs

Perfect Dark on N64 was abhorrent. I tried playing it again a while back and idk how the gently caress people dealt with this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the best game allowed to be less than 10 years old

I'd put DOOM, Witcher 3, Bayonetta 2 on a shortlist for some of the best of the last few years

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

avatar and ubisoft seem like a match made in bloated, quadruple-A production heaven. and by that I mean this game would absolutely be loving bad

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Palpek posted:

So how are all those releases that people were waiting on?

Resident Evil is great, Yakuza great, Nioh great, Night in the Woods great

RCR Underground, not so great

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Palpek posted:

How's Horizon?

I plan on grabbing Horizon/Nier/Zelda next week for that Target B2G1 deal but there are people in the Horizon thread that say it is fun and beautiful, like Uncharted and Far Cry had a baby

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phantasium posted:

I think Switch games are excluded from that deal, actually.

EDIT: Actually maybe you're getting it for Wii U, didn't see if that was a part of it or not.

I don't have a Switch so I'd get the WiiU version, though if reviews say the performance is piss-poor then I'd just pick up Wildlands for free and sell it back to gamestop or something for credit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Ahahaha if you increase your max health when it's at 255 in RCRU it wraps back around to zero.

(finger hovers over refund button) jfc

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

During the beta, you had access to a full combo system and a few (but not nearly all) the special moves for each character, and the stores to buy new moves weren't implemented yet. When the game launched, it didn't just remove those few special moves for everyone (which would've been fine), it removed the entire combo system, leaving you with only what amounts to a fierce jab and a quick jab for each character. Sure, there's jump kicks, a single running attack, and a grab punch, but you can't do ANY of the basic combos until you purchase the moves for them, and some of those moves are in stores you can only access quite late in the game. It's fine to gate the special throws, the super moves, the special attacks to do on downed enemies, and all that kind of fancy stuff behind purchasable upgrades. But the basic meat and potato combos? That's simply insane, and makes the game seem like it's a piece of poo poo to a new player. Even the first final fight had combos!

this is like half the reason the game sucks so hard, I had no idea it was a regular feature in the beta. It's tiring as all hell trying to fight even basic mooks with like only 3 moves. I vote this for your backer-approved suggestion 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It never, ever occured to me that those moves would get removed in the full game. The original RCR has a comparable number of starting moves, but the game is built around enemies getting naturally stunned, which allows you to do knockdown moves. This game's knockdowns come almost entirely from the combos you execute, so taking those combos out means enemies just don't fall, which is insane.

I guess that explains why it's so tough to grind for monies, because there's really zero stunlock to control crowds. I was wondering why I was doing worse off than in RCR EX for GBA which actually started you off with Dragon Feet

• Locked thread