Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

List of February 2017 Releases:

- Nioh (PS4)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

i bought rimworld like two years ago and finally started playing it and it's pretty good. maybe gotm for februrary

It's real good.

Not sure if this would matter to you or anyone, but the creator is a real weirdo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some of the changes in Professional Hitman are kinda bullshit. Like that garden area in Paris where the model guy has his phone conversations, there are now like six guards roaming around. Not sure if it's fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The first half of Dark Souls 2 is optional if you grind a million souls to open that one door to Drangleic Castle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When you think about it, there's not much difference between shooting pictures with a camera, and shooting bullets with a gun. I'd pay for a Call of Duty game where you're a journalist in Syria or some made up country that really is Syria.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah he makes a lot of fun comments, like I bet he says "It's to die for" as he hands a poisoned sushi roll to his target while dressed as a chef

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Seems fair to me tbh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm getting a t-shirt that says "I'm a Gamer, I've Been Punching Nazis Since 1992 :smuggo:"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sports writers probably can't catch a ball, never mind hit one with a bat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

2006 Sonic has Twi'lek head-tails

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He doesn't look like I imagined

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think the Dungeons and Dragons beat-em-ups (Tower of Doom and the other one) have online co-op, not 100% sure.

Good games though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

PoE introduces a fictional premise then subverts that fictional premise, and whether or not you care depends on your predisposition towards fictional premises

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's bad because people are bad with money and stuff like this doesn't help

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That apartment is suspiciously tidy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate that the term for that stuff is "downloadable content", we could've done better

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Professional difficulty in Hitman is real good, the new placement of things is well-thought out. It's definitely much trickier, too.

There isn't any rat poison lying around: if you want to get someone sick, you have to plan ahead. Key items (such as dongles) aren't lying around on tables: a nearby guard probably has it on his person. If you want a disguise, you'll have to get up close and personal: headshots count as "dirtying" their uniform. Having a guard costume doesn't give you free pass to carry a sniper rifle willy-nilly: others will notice that something isn't quite right. Some patrol routes have changed: for example, the private detective in Sapienza won't walk down a deserted alleyway like a moron, you'll have to get ahead of him and find a way to lead him into a vacant bathroom or something. Cameras act as actual eyes now, and can't be ignored, even if you don't care about your score. And there are more guards deployed at crucial junctions.

Overall it requires intimate knowledge of the whole level. It's pretty amazing how much playtime they've managed to bleed out of this game, it's so great!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A few months ago, someone posted a neat Sonic song, it was real fast-paced and kinda jazzy. People seemed to like it. I remember it having some kickass drums, and maybe some pronounced piano riffs

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Could anyone repost it? I don't remember from which level, which game, which console generation it came from... but it was Sonic for sure

The YouTube video might've had a white or grey background. I don't know much else.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No no no all wrong

It was closest to the top one, Sonic Generations, so I'll just start researching based on that, thank you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantasium posted:

I think you're thinking of a track posted from the new one, Sonic Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

Yep that's it! Thanks.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All games are super easy for me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Henry Rollins' is a good dude, last I checked

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No Man's Pie in the Sky

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Play games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Like if you're playing a video game right now!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish games had female characters

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel like lives as a mechanic are obsolete at this point

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven't had to look at box art for years thanks to Steam!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a multiplayer mod but it's pretty upfront about its instability

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stardew Valley is good, you should play it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd find a way to make Pokemon real

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd be interested to know the average age of the audience at that screening.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kirby has teeth?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I keep forgetting which is Nier and which is Nioh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Please consider signing this petition, help out those most affected by today's political climate.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I didn't expect to find Japan apologists on a video game forum

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video game purchases are subsidized by the government, and it's been that way since at least World War 2. It and maybe universal healthcare are just about the only things all four major political parties can agree on.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

precision posted:

Different parts of the US are different. Southern California is as different to Georgia as Scotland is to Russia.

What part of Scotland, what part of Russia?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's boss

I don't recognise that gaming console though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let's play this gross hosed-up game, as a joke haha

• Locked thread