Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There is a James Bond movie with Sean Connery that has a scene where a tarantula is released into Bond's bedroom, and it's treated like a very intense and suspenseful moment. So obviously tarantulas are crazy dangerous, otherwise the scene wouldn't make sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's a good Guilty Gear that's also on Steam?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some Darkest Dungeon update came out today, apparently offers a sort of Short Mode to make it less of a grind. It'll be good to cross if off my backlog...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know, I've heard nothing about the Dark Souls 3 DLC, is it good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played Guilty Gear tonight, my first fighting game since Smash Bros. Melee. Spent fifty minutes in the tutorial, played once through arcade mode (eight consecutive matches against the beginner AI, button-mashing my way to victory, I really didn't learn a thing), then I spent another half hour checking out everyone's super moves and animations.

Fighting games aren't for me, which is a shame because these Guilty Gear characters are the right kind of anime, except the lame-o ones who seem stupidly serious

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No fighting in the fighting game thread

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

which ones were stupid serious?

weigh your answer carefully

The guy whose moves all have the word "Justice" in them

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

At my Christmas 2015 family reunion, one of my cousins took me aside to show me a compilation of some Mortal Kombat fatalities on YouTube. He's a lovely cousin

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just underlines that Mario is a bad Italian stereotype

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't know who this guy is but socioeconomic context is good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yoshi was a mistake

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So apparently the famous Castlevania line goes, "A miserable little pile of secrets!" !!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes that's correct

Tell that to this guy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

How did you think it went? :confused:

Without the "little"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And dumb hair.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remember to take a fifteen minute break every hour of playing games, everyone!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a loading screen tip in World of Warcraft that's, like, "Remember to see your friends in person!"

precision posted:

Does anyone actually do this?

I do, as of right now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rather, the dating sim chose you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Fun to socialize again though

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Slight problem with my declaring war on these mantis aliens in Stellaris: they built a bigger fleet than I did. Whoops!

And then this happened! :(

Don't abduct cuddly primitive aliens :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

On the subject of gamer celebs, I used to watch Yahtzee's chill, short Let's Plays he did with his Australian friend, but whenever politics came up he was pretty bad, nothing Nazi-esque of course but kinda misogynistic at the very least

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Downloadable content, what a world we live in where this is an okay expression to use to describe nickel-and-diming

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:shrug:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BioWare must be playing the longest con

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kudos to BioWare for realizing that the beauty standards set in media are terribly unrealistic. I like this new approach of theirs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope all you significant-other-havers had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All I know is: spend your souls, there's no reason to be walking around with a surplus, one misstep and they're gone forever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played about five hours straight of Dark Souls 3 after not having touched it for several months. I went from the beginning of the game to the Undead Legion, doing full sweeps of every location in-between... and I haven't died once :smuggo:

My sex appeal has never been greater, I can feel it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't get it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah cracked me up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There was or maybe still is an LP that showed off the crazy amounts of optional NPC dialogue you can find if you return to out-of-way screens that you have no real reason to return to, but it ends up being very charming.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Final Fantasy XV any good?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you wanted to introduce FF to someone with no experience with the series, what game would you start with?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel bad for the goons at work who'll check up on the thread at lunch or later today and have to wade through ten pages of FF chat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Majora's Mask is the best, everyone knows that now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All video games are good, even when they're bad.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should I go see Arrival or John Wick 2?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bland? It's got dwarves that speak American English for once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did you take a break every hour

• Locked thread