Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

dirby posted:

Since there's no WiiU thread or Wonderful101 thread anymore, I'll ask here: what the heck is going on in Wonderful101?

I tried playing the demo and lost track of what they wanted me to do/what controls and options they were telling me about after like the third instruction. Is there a good youtube tutorial or something?

It's not quote a tutorial exactly but Chip & Ironicus have an extensive LP of the game and Chip is good about breaking down basic gameplay concepts and stuff in his videos (for example, how it's better to draw shapes in combat using the stick rather than the stylus, that because it's a Platinum game you should know there are block and dodge moves you should buy ASAP that the game doesn't tell you about, etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

precision posted:

okay that's pretty good

this isn't bad either!

Atomic Robo started out as an actual print comic that then migrated back onto the internet after I think eight volumes? I don't believe there was any drama, it was simply that the contract with their publisher had lapsed or they decided to let it lapse and it was around the time that things like Patreon were taking off so they moved to a web-publishing model but I think they still might publish hardcopies too, idk, but it's a pretty good comic.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Are you laughing at the price or the fact that it's rated 4/5 stars?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Help Im Alive posted:

It makes me think of Max Payne 3 where he's constantly beating himself up about what a terrible bodyguard he is while effortlessly headshotting hundreds of men

This at least kind of makes sense though because Max is a terrible bodyguard, he kills a lot of people but the people he's supposed to be protecting frequently die, get kidnapped, he spends most of the game a step behind what's happening, etc. Like yeah he kills a shitload of people but he's kind of a mess otherwise.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Here's a dumb question, will this play decently on a 360 controller? 360 D-pads kinda suck is why I'm asking, I'm not sure how well a River City Ransom sequel would work with an analog stick.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

spudsbuckley posted:

Mass Effect is one of those series that i can't even figure out who the audience for it is. Everything i see of it just looks clunky and mid-to-late-2000s-as-gently caress.

Same as Gears and Halo. Who gives even half a poo poo about any of these franchises any more?

I think it's pretty hilarious that the plot to Gears 4 is literally just "it turns out the Locust didn't die but just hibernated until they became SUPER LOCUST, so now you have to do the whole fuckin thing all over again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Palpek posted:

Was the game any good? It came out exclusively on Windows 10 store so I immediately forgot it existed just like Quantum Break.

I only watched someone play it because I was morbidly curious and it didn't really look that great, no. Like it's more Gears of War so if you really loved that series it might scratch a similar itch, but you spend a huge chunk of the game fighting the same dumb robots over and over instead of Locust monsters, the characters are even more forgettable than the original cast, and it doesn't really bring anything new or interesting to the mix.

• Locked thread