Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still playing Berseria, looking like I'm not going to be done by the time Nioh comes out, and oh...

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/31/way-samurai-melding-secret-mana-diablo-introducing-obcidian-legacy/

...I see this this morning and they said the magic words. Also it's already out in early access and the only reason it's in early access is the multiplayer I don't intend to touch and the single player is already done? God drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lakbay posted:

I'm weirdly liking how slow paced Beseria is, I was going to preorder Nioh but Beseria might keep me occupied right past its release date.

Please do your best to play both. :hai:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What even was that game, I saw screenshots but I can't remember what kind of game it is.

I think that was a 2D RTS?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I remember the days when Rare would make games where you couldn't hurt a boss for like two minutes before you can actually deal damage because it was an arcade game and it needed to eat quarters.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

devtesla posted:

Woah, this looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

Coming to xb1, ps4, pc and switch!

Oh poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also the guy at Nintendo just said the price of the online service is around $17.50 – $26.50 a year so people can thankfully stop freaking out about Switch online prices.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FillInTheBlank posted:

Have you tried this yet? Looks pretty basic and simple.
Looks to use a similar skill system to PoE which could be good.

Probably not playing many games today at all, honestly.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I know too much

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I finally gave up on waiting for new... New 3DS' to come in stock in stores after the holiday rush so I got a refurb from Nintendo, so I should also finally be able to play freaking 3DS games after months of hiatus.

I'm sure my Picross 3D skills have rotted out in that time.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

devtesla posted:

I believe in you. It's like riding a bicycle

Not a good analogy for me, I think I stopped trying to ride bikes after the tenth time I got wounded.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still got the rolling credit at local gamestore.

I would use that Amazon discount more often, but it means spending actual money instead of game money I technically spent years ago.

Though it saved me $30 off the collector's edition of Berseria.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

drat I must be lucky, then. There's like four different locally owned shops around here, once one of them started selling new games they all did to compete, and they all started selling them for $5 cheaper than MSRP too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I miss Billy, he was always so happy to be playing pretty much anything.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBUt2FnVaY4

BillyMC has gotten introspective lately but otherwise he is exactly the same

Sure but he almost never does LPs anymore and is super self-conscious of everything he does so he tends to abandon the fun goofy little ideas he has.

I thought it was neat when he was trying to show off old Tiger electronics toys and stuff like that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The villain of Final Fantasy Adventure is just named Dark Lord.

And then they remade that game and gave everyone a ton of dialog and tried to make the characters less 1 dimensional but left him with the name Dark Lord and people wondering if he was going to do something evil.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Those aren't video games, they're glorified gambling machines that don't pay out and they should be illegal.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

At least it wasn't Advance Wars that they decided to try the mobile thing with or that series might have died

You mean the series that's already dead?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The sad thing is that Nintendo already put out a mobile game that was just straight up 'pay this mich to play the whole game' and people complained, so now we have FE gatchAIDS edition.

TBF it was probably gonna be that all along no matter what happened with Mario Run.

https://twitter.com/ynakamura56/status/827328126753464320

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Please stop calling it gambling, you can actually (no you won't) win money from gambling.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Wait until you see what they call the Xbox once the Scorpio comes out.

The Xbox Done

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think you're thinking of a track posted from the new one, Sonic Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Oh no, this game very few people have played is so much harder than the game everyone has had years to practice! It'll take like a week before someone uploads a series of SL1 naked/barehanded runs through each stage and people pounce on doomsayers for not "gitting good"

You're already too late, people already figured out how to take out the super challenging boss from the demos in a single hit with no weapon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's not the goofy from Kingdom Hearts if he's not just dead in the corner somewhere with Donald.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want one of those abandoned missile silos.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Fill a missile silo with Senran Kaguras

you act like I wouldn't be putting giant anime posters everywhere

the longest advent children wall scrolls

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but did those memory card prices ever get not-moronic?

*bender "oh you were serious, let me laugh harder".gif*

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

time to get zdr right on that

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I saw resurrection f in theaters and don't regret it. Movie ruled.

Same.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I wonder how much of the original design has been around since development first started and the team saw the entirety of demons Souls -> bloodborne release in that window and kept shaking their head and saying "mother f-"

The original game was something like an RPG and was completely thrown out. I think they've been pretty upfront in saying that Souls was the inspiration that got them to finally find what the game should be and work on it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah I specifically tried different things in each iteration of the Nioh demos and had no problems with any playstyle. If you just want to stick to one stance and one weapon there will be skills that make it viable for you.

I think the thing most people don't do often enough because of Souls habits is block. Blocking is god tier in Nioh, takes very little stamina and avoids all physical damage.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't ever use the Amazon discounts because I have a rolling line of credit at a store that sells new games and also takes all the junk I've accumulated over the years so the only things I actually pay money for gaming related is stuff you have to preorder online or not get period.

Got $190 worth of stuff sold yesterday, rolled that into all the games that came out last month I missed +Nioh, then took my old New 3DS to Gamestop to get trade in credit for that that I rolled into preorders for Switch games, still up $300 credit at local game store and $20 at GS.

Also found out Gamestop doesn't let you trade in 3DS systems without a charger (even if they don't come with a charger in the first place anymore) so they made me pay $10 in credit just to trade it in, lol. (But then got an extra $30 because they've been hard to find I guess?)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looper posted:

the united states hasn't been on the cutting edge of poo poo for a while now, please don't assume we have anything

I was positively stunned when I went to get my license renewed last time that our local DMV was actually accepting credit cards at that point. I went to an ATM for the funds and everything.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

My experience with the chip has been that the chip wears out infinitely faster than the strip and is already getting read errors in brand new POS terminals with a less than year old card which is great when each attempt takes like 20 seconds and a lot of terminals don't let you give up and swipe until the chip fails 3 times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Knowing the entire world is going to hell in a handbasket is not very comforting, no.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mordja posted:

Other animal visitors from my childhood: a fairly sizeable boa constrictor that coiled itself around the banister above my bunkbed (I was top bunk, ofc), and a small colony of bats living in the toolshed. :3:

Are you Diddy Kong?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Would people still be afraid of spiders if they were the half spider half topless woman you see in video games (i can only think of one example but I think there are lots)

I think there would be a lot more people scared of them if they had knives and shotguns on their feet, though.

Mordja posted:

Nah, I just lived in a rural, tropical area for a bit when I was young.

oh, like Donkey Kong Country?!!?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Things in games that scared me when I was little:

The ending sequence to Super Metroid
The final area/boss fight of Earthbound
Treasures of the Deep and the Dreamcast Ecco, because freaky undersea monsters and bad draw distances don't mix for me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sounds like you'll need the salt for the roads

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah actually rethinking it "hey since you're there can you run the entire operations of the business by yourself, kthx"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There's been a Castlevania series "coming" since I've been in high school and now I don't care because I'd rather have a game.

• Locked thread