Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Palpek posted:

Was the game any good? It came out exclusively on Windows 10 store so I immediately forgot it existed just like Quantum Break.

I got it for free with my 1070, gameplay Is perfectly fine, same as every other gears game. The only new gameplay feature are the wind flares which are just environmental hazards that serve as set pieces for levels.
The story is pretty terrible and hamfisted. Every character in the game apart from Marcus wants to be Nathan Fillion on a Joss Whedon bender. Marcus is funny because he's doing a whole "too old for this poo poo" routine.
Music is pretty bad compared to the other games. Ramin Djawadi sounds like he recycled a bunch of his unused work for Pacific Rim, and it is really bland compared to the first game's horror music and jablonsky's epic scores for the rest.

spudsbuckley posted:

Honestly, i found DOOM and Wolfenstein to be perfectly alright but perfectly dull at the same time and Tomb Raider 2013 was the good one but the newer one added open-world poo poo and boring subquests that were just utter poo poo.

I just finished played The Old Blood today. It's not nearly as memorable as The New Order, but it is still a pretty solid expansion campaign. But holy hell is it bleak. I loved New Order for how it managed to balance B movie pulp with a very real, very depressing story that everyone took seriously. Old Blood's plot is not as good, but it still nails that balance of funny/sad/heroic/futile that New Order established.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CJacobs posted:

Yes but sometimes those games also have good graphics and animation, whereas this game has consistently shown that it has none of either.

Exhibit A: Witcher 3. Some odd animations to be sure wrt hand movements, but goddamn if the facial animations and fight choreography aren't something to behold.

• Locked thread