Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What are you trying to get out of your gameplay? EU4 is just as complex but in slightly different ways. It doesn't have a granular character interaction system like CK2 does, but instead makes up for it by having layered and interconnected systems all centered around the limited resources and attention of the head of state.

These games are by nature complex which is why people love them. It is one of those things where you shouldn't expect to master things within the first few hours, so you should go in trying to have fun poking and prodding at the various systems, and getting better will probably involve watching someone else play through while explaining things

I'm more interested in a grand strategy game than the personal interactions in CK2. I have played Civ 5 before and although I enjoyed it it was a little too simplistic for my taste. I guess what I'm looking for is a chill strategy game that has (some) depth to it on my second monitor while I do other stuff.

Maybe some other strategy game is better for that, but I should probably also change my mentality going into a Paradox game if I want to enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

RE7 feels very much like a game that got three quarters though development then someone higher up went 'right wrap it up and ship it', the lack of enemy variety and the dull last part really spoiled a game I was otherwise enjoying.

Welcome to modern AAA videogame development.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The real question is, will the NPCs be player sexual.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope its a cia desk job simulator

1. Support morally bankrupt dictator.

2. Support militant extremists.

3. Botch assassination attempt.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

All Your Base sure was relevant.

• Locked thread