Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

My money's still on Andromeda for Biggest Disappointment of 2017.

Everything I've heard about that game triggers so many :redflag: :redflag: :redflag:

Of course, I've never much cared for Mass Effect so take that with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I still miss Ryan Davis. :sigh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

oddium posted:

i saw siege was coming out with a Year 2 edition. like who cares hahah

I mean, it's pretty popular so...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Glad to see DayZ receiving some much deserved recognition. Congratulations to DayZ.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

DayZ is such a fuckin' scam, it's amazing how many people they managed to fool into thinking it is a fun and finished video game that is actually being actively developed.

I put over 100 hours into it, just because I was playing with friends. Peer pressure is real. :negative:

At least 90 of those hours were spent running around, trying to meet up with my crew. I probably only enjoyed 10 hours, max. I've told them I won't reinstall it until it is finished, which means I will never have to reinstall it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Pollyanna posted:

:confused: I feel underleveled as hell. Even in Velen, I keep running into packs of level 16 drowners guarding loot chests while I'm still level 12. This might all be exacerbated by the fact that I keep trying to clear every single ? on the map, of which there's like a hundred. I'm at like 20-25 hours already. I might be playing this game wrong.

Unless you're playing on one of the higher difficulties, you should be able to take out level 16s at level 12 with a little bit of care and preparation.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

A friend is treating KCB & I to a movie

the movie is the new yugioh movie that is in theaters

lmao I'm gonna go see a yugioh movie guys!!

Sorry about your bad friends.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 7, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

It's part published by Sony so good luck with that.

So was Helldivers though, and probably others.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

From what I gather Canadians love preordering games because it is cheaper than on release as well

Wut.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
We had a tarantula living in a recess of the shower when I was a kid that would poke itself out whenever anyone went in to bathe. Must have been the size of my hand.

Very cute.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Captain Invictus posted:

That is pretty cool. Tarantulas are harmless so I can see why nobody freaked out. Like they can bite sure but almost none of them have any significant venom to them

Other animal visitors from my childhood: a fairly sizeable boa constrictor that coiled itself around the banister above my bunkbed (I was top bunk, ofc), and a small colony of bats living in the toolshed. :3:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phantasium posted:

Are you Diddy Kong?

Nah, I just lived in a rural, tropical area for a bit when I was young.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phantasium posted:

oh, like Donkey Kong Country?!!?
poo poo.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
that_onion_satire_on_VICE.wav

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MMF Freeway posted:

Its okay to make fun of an article about pokemon loving and similar such articles, imo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hmm maybe I should play Hearts of Iron.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

chumbler posted:

Capcom, just put Monster Hunter on a non-handheld, Jesus Christ.

Edit: Proper punctuation added for clarity.

Capcom goes where the $ is.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

Oh God, this is the best possible ending to that story.

Even if he never earned another cent, PewDiePie can live a life of untold luxury that people like you and I will only dream of as we toil away at our dead-end, unfulfilling jobs until automation makes them obsolete.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lobok posted:

Millionaire Nazi is definitely one of my favourite fantasies.

Hell, same.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

So how long until like Yahtzee or whoever just straight up gets a swastika tat.

Sounds more like Jim Sterling's MO tbh.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Harrow posted:

Man, you don't even gotta read Stormfront anymore. It's all on Twitter. That poo poo's inescapable anymore unless you swear off social media (which, to be fair, would probably be a good idea for a lot of people, myself included).

I have only ever had a LinkedIn account, plz send me a friend request.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Motto posted:

I just follow people I like speaking with and game dev/localization staff, dunno what you guys are getting into.

Hey, now I know that three "(" means Jew if you're a Nazi and/or mentally ill.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Razzled posted:

Is halo wars 2 gonna suck rear end

Real, not chat-thread-snark talk: I played the Blitz beta on PC and it was pretty fun, if obviously unbalanced. It's a deck-based mode meant to be played within about 10 minutes where you need to capture and hold points around the map and vacuum up randomly falling resource crystals while building your army with them. There's daily and weekly challenges--possibly a first for an RTS--which means you're consistently getting new units and levelling up old ones, though I can see the levelling system in particular leading to some one-sided matches if their matchmaking isn't up to snuff or there just aren't a lot of people playing it.

Which is a distinct possibility, what with it being a Windows Store game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Razzled posted:

oh cool, i didn't realize it was designed to be such quick short play sessions ala hearthstone

That's one mode, and the only one that was in the PC beta. There's a traditional RTS one too but I've never played the first HW so I can't speak to that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

Fidelity may have improved but I'd still take anyone in OG Mass Effect over Female Richard Spencer and Non-Threatening Black Guy in Andromeda.

What is wrong with her faaaaaace? :stonk:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Be advised that Origin Access (that subscription thing that lets you play some EA games for free, and includes special demos and discounts) is running a free, 7 day trial. It'll ask you to "pay" on registration but it won't actually charge you until those seven days are up. So in other words, subscribe, immediately cancel, and enjoy temporary access to some of the bigger games of yesteryear.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
To celebrate the 20 year anniversary of Face/Off, I decided to finally watch Face/Off.

It may well be the greatest movie ever made.

E: Whoops, wrong thread. The point remains.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

good googly moogly thanks for the heads up about the poo poo ton of free games just for signing up for the free trial for Origin Access.

i was really wanting to replay Dead Space 1 and 2

No problem, just remember to cancel.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Raserys posted:

the dark secret is that most webcomics are actually bad. there are two good webcomics in the entire internet

Correct: It Hurts! and Tails Gets Trolled.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nate RFB posted:

I am kind of inconsolable about this whole situation, if I am honest.

Oh man, I thought that was a joke or something. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Snak posted:

Edit: FirstAidKite is a ray of sunshine in a field of bitter, cynical, mean shadows.

Yeah, I hate him too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Allegedly no. But imo it doesn't matter, never ever romance anyone in video games.

Real life too, imo.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CrashCat posted:

Alternately, romance everyone to add an extra dimension of psychosis to the murderous psychopath you're inevitably playing as

The only Bioware game I've ever played to completion is Mass Effect 1 and I thought the romances were pretty messed up since you're literally playing as everyone's boss. Unprofessional.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phantasium posted:

Don't google hdoom.

No, do. :getin:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Only watched GB's Quick Look, but I was surprised to see that Night in the Woods is set "nowadays." Something about the visual and thematic aesthetic made me assume it was late 90s, early aughts, I guess.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Having seen who the previous generations elected for the US presidency recently, no you're super wrong they're bad too! Everyone is bad for different reasons! :toot:

:agreed:
I wish we were all dead.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
PC version also has a slew of bonkers mods that people are really into.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

Is this suppose to be some sort of alternative universe of Middle Earth? Cause otherwise this story makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, it's complete nonsense and I've always thought that the games would be better served without the LOTR license, buy you gotta have those Hot Brands (tm). :shrug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haveblue posted:

So weird it's practically false advertising. The game isn't about tragic histories and sci-fi melodrama, it's about cursing a blue streak while earning 1000 points for kicking a guy in the rear end so hard he flies into a barrel and explodes. Maybe they think they can get the COD crowd's attention by editing it like this?

And Duke Nukem just doesn't sound right without that classic 8-bit/11khz fidelity.

Gearbox doesn't know what it's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Harrow posted:

The hype for Breath of the Wild excites me more because it's so focused on how different it is from previous Zelda games. Unless I'm really misremembering, neither Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword had anyone saying they blew up the Zelda formula or even really deviated from it in any meaningful way.

I'm interested in the one preview I read that said Breath of the Wild makes Horizon look "simplistic" here:

I don't actually own a PS4, so my opinion counts for poo poo, but I really don't like what I've seen of Horizon. I watched Gerstmann's hour long Quick Look yesterday and despite his love for the game it looked really unappealing to me--and I enjoy the latter day Far Cry titles a lot more than I probably should. Admittedly he was only showing the open-world stuff so maybe the story missions are much more exciting, plus the dungeon he was running went longer than expected and was filled with way more human enemies than robits, but the combat looked pretty bland. I mean, there's been a lot of games featuring bows in recent years (the aforementioned Far Cries, Tomb Raider, etc) where arrowing a dude in the head feels real good, so given that the primary weapon in Horizon is the bow, it's surprising how unsatisfying it looked to use. Not enough stagger, and other combat feedback to it. I also have mixed feelings about the graphics. On a technical level, the engine is obviously very impressive, but I just don't like the look of the game, outside of the monster-machines themselves. We've all seen the face-capture stuff, but I thought the human animations just looked stiff overall, I'm not a fan of the warm, orange filter that seemed overlayed over everything, and a lot of the textures are high-def in a way that looks plasticity. And it's probably the Witcher 3 spoiling things for me, but something about a lot of the landscape and settlements shown looked unnatural. Just wasn't digging the atmosphere of the game.

So anyway, there's my hot take: please ignore it.

• Locked thread