Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started playing Red Dead Redemption. I enjoy it, but I wish they had figured out a way to do characterization that wasn't long conversations on horseback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's really weird that the last level of Lost Planet is just Zone of the Enders

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Is lost planet cool? I realized I had a key for LP3 from a humble bundle or something and was thinking of checking the series out

I just played the first one, and I found it frustrating. There's a really good variety of enemies, humans, a variety of monsters, small giant robots. The core shooting and robot gameplay is solid. But there's a bunch of stuff that got in the way. You stop moving when you switch weapons. Which is made even worse by the fact that switching weapons is an interruptible animation. You have a little zipline thing you can use to get to higher places, but tons of places you should be able to get to are invisibly walled off, and the entire ziplining animation, from shooting it out to zipping up to landing, is also an interruptible animation. They were so excited about the power of next gen consoles, every explosion is hug and creates a huge cloud of smoke, so if you're fighting multiple enemies with rockets, half the time you literally won't be able to see anything. Depending on which direction you approach a robot from, the B button will either get you into the robot, or make you remove a gun from the robot.

There's a bunch of little stuff like that, it basically added up to a game that I can't say I enjoyed, but I'm definitely interested in playing the sequel

• Locked thread