Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

exquisite tea posted:

... and the generic-looking locations make me think we're going to be stuck visiting the same half dozen prefab installations the entire game...
So it's a Mass Effect game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

Allegedly no. But imo it doesn't matter, never ever romance anyone in video games.
Alternately, romance everyone to add an extra dimension of psychosis to the murderous psychopath you're inevitably playing as

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

You ever play a game too much and then keep playing it in your head for a little while after you stop? Happening to me with Picross lately. This game is too addictive.

I solved this post but all I got was dickbutt :confused:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mordja posted:

The only Bioware game I've ever played to completion is Mass Effect 1 and I thought the romances were pretty messed up since you're literally playing as everyone's boss. Unprofessional.
Even more reason to do it. Schmooze them into the sack then have them take point and die repeatedly, with no consequence to the former at all. A true sociopathic coup

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is there a thread for cool videos and gifs of stuff in video games? Not necessarily glitches or griefing, but just a place to dump cool clips and to see other cool clips?
If there was it would go in PYF, but imo :justpost: here

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Nier Automata since it's out in glorious Nippon this week

And apparently fully available in English

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

Yep. Super Robot Wars V.

Wait wait there's an actual English SRT? That's pretty loving rare, I ought to get on that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Actually I guess it's not rare at all, looking on PlayAsia there's like three or four other robot games in the Asia English stuff now. So I actually should probably try to figure out which one is better :effort:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dang, I forgot about Eldena and had to look that one up

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

So I'm at work, what is Horizon Zero Dawn and why should I care about it

All I know is the devs are the Killzone guys but I never played those games so that's kinda meaningless to me
It looks like a futuristic Monster Hunter but it's single player and supposedly has actual gameplay instead of mostly grinding

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

f

that is a corpse, right?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harrow posted:

It is possible that my anticipation for Nier: Automata is going to make me actually implode.
It's already being streamed in English from the Japanese version so you can spoil it any time you want. It doesn't seem like the kind of game where moment-to-moment gameplay really spoils much

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fridge corn posted:

That sounds cool and all but I just googled it and it looks like dumb anime bullshit??? 🤔
Well you know, it wouldn't sell if the main character didn't look like a tarty French maid

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lakbay posted:

I want to play Nier Automata but I'm afraid even the easiest difficulty will be too hard for me or that some of the content will be locked behind the higher difficulties.

I almost died in the demo on normal difficulty :(

There are a lot of assists available (you can pick and choose) for easy mode, I doubt you'll be unable to complete it. But there will likely be a separate ending or some poo poo for the die hards, I dunno, just youtube that crap when you've finished :shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lets hang out posted:

That auto-healing to save you from dying was only in the demo. The auto item chip in the full game will use an item if you drop below 30% but won't do anything to save you if you take a hit that just kills you outright.
I can't find a full chip list, there might be something in there to deal with the OHKOs. But if you're playing Very Hard it seems to me like you asked for it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harrow posted:

Legit, I do hope there's a costume where 2B gets to wear pants so that I can show this game to my friends without being embarrassed. At least there are a couple other playable characters and neither of them dress like that.
Well I did already see a costume where she gets to wear less pants, so who knows

hahahahaha who am I kidding

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fridge corn posted:

Why am I the only one willing to discuss the elephant in the room?
You're not, the elephant has been talked about for years. We've all read the arguments about sex in video games, go find or make a thread in DnD if you want to endlessly retread it with people who might be interested

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Closer on the spectrum of respectability: making women a literal collectible
Don't get me started on Princess Ruto

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fridge corn posted:

Having no qualms playing a sexually exploitative game while also admitting that you'd be embarrassed to share that information with people you know is like the gamer equivalent of "I'm not racist, but..."
I'm not especially racist, but if nearly every video game was racist I would probably overlook it and play them anyway. And by some people's standards, they actually are

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harrow posted:

Did he? I must have missed those in the "you'll be ashamed of your words and deeds" stuff.
He is also a doubletalker who plays pranks on his players in all his games and in general doesn't give a gently caress

It took Konami to be such a tremendous dick that he became a hero by comparison

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cowcaster posted:

the other thing i'm actually reminded of now is the EDI sexbot from mass effect 3. im so sick of all these dolled up anime fuckbots
Literally the fuckbot made for one of the minor characters in the series, who you kill. Then later Joker wants to gently caress her and doesn't see the irony

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

grieving for Gandalf posted:

how many naked ladies will be in death stranding
At least one naked lady for each naked baby

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

Literally the fuckbot made for one of the minor characters in the series, who you kill. Then later Joker wants to gently caress her and doesn't see the irony
Actually now that I think about it, isn't it Joker who basically goes "well hey, we happen to have just recovered a fuckbot from Doctor Evil or whatever, EDI do you wanna try it out"

It's basically a whole miniplot about the ethics of robot loving as an excuse to have you walk around with a fuckbot lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

i wish there was an easy way to pull screenshots/videos off the ps4

Push button, send to twitter or youtube? Where are you going to send them that one of those won't work anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fridge corn posted:

There's been some good posts in this thread. Im glad we had this discussion.
Yeah it was getting bitter but everyone calmed down, I'm glad of it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

smuh posted:

If you mean jiggle physics, I'm sure she does have those because even random NPCs do. I noticed this when I ran past a woman walking upstairs in a town; they clearly didn't account for that type of movement when designing their titty physics model because poo poo that looked crazy uncomfortable for her.

Hell I'm fairly sure even Aranea, a character with a full body armor of sorts has the steel give away under the weight of breasts as if it were a plain shirt. I wonder if video games have finally broken me with me actually noticing this poo poo with regularity.
Yeah even some wrinkly old ladies walking around in the city have amazing cleavage in FFXV, it's a bit of a bizarre mix of anime and attempted photorealism

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Is there a spiritual sequel to Die by the Sword?
I feel like I've seen at least one or two and not the one mentioned, but it's gonna take a serious digging session to refresh my memory on what game it was that tried to do real sword arm physics.

It's really hard to make such a thing control well, but with VR taking off somewhat it's a good time for someone to give it another shot.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Is there a spiritual sequel to Die by the Sword?
now that I think about it, Mount and Blade kinda scratches that same itch, though it has a lot of other junk going on besides cutting fools

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

Dead Island had a analog melee combat mode.
Oh poo poo yeah, I forgot about that one. And it was just about as unwieldy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I played through the tutorial case and the first case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney this morning, and I thought it was really good! No dumb adventure logic (I didn't have to rub stuff against random stuff), and the pacing of the dialogue and the twists and turns is absolutely delightful.

Does the rest of game (and the two following games, Justice For All and Trials and Tribulations) more or less maintain that level of quality? The part I played through was free, so I'm wondering if it's worth the twenty-four dollars to just buy the whole set.
They are fun games with funny stories, but you run into a different problem than the classic adventure game logic problem. The usual Ace Attorney problem is that you know the solution to whatever mystery but you don't know how the game wants you to express it. Even if you figure out things ahead of time you need to reveal them in the same order to fit their logic and sometimes you can get hung up on that. As for the quality level I'm too drat biased to judge that, I love them all.

Erata posted:

If you think that some things are good and cool, you'll probably think Night in the Woods is good and cool, too.
And if you enjoy it there's a huge untapped trove of fiction just like that at your local library. It's not my bag but definitely some people like it and it's good to have genre choices besides Military, Sci Fi and Hobbits

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I'd rather be adultering than adulting
I'd rather be adulterating. Food science is crazy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

The heck does virtue signalling mean
Saying something for the purpose of making other people think you're virtuous

In other words, anything someone doesn't like and thinks you should shut up about

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Captain Invictus posted:

if you're talking to someone who unironically or ironically uses the term virtue signalling you should stop talking to that someone

Yeah it's a snotty term for sure. We used to use "preaching to the converted" and that got the point across without coming across as a lonely bitter gently caress

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The White Dragon posted:

then why have i only ever heard maladjusted people say it, like the sort of person who smells of pig poo poo but has a desk job and doesn't live anywhere near pigs
why not both.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yep, the end of NESmania is happening right now

https://t.co/hy0mxq9xmw

https://www.twitch.tv/themexicanrunner

• Locked thread