Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

snake pass is by Sumo Digital, they made Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

They also did the Kart Racing gamemode in Disney Infinity 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

By far some of the coolest Funko POP figures are the Titanfall 2 ones. Bonus that they're extra tall too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

oddium posted:

i looked and none of them are tone

oh ok

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Every time I see one of these I'm so glad I'm immune to MMORPGs.

Stop loving crying.

I think stuff like this is really neat actually. It speaks to an interesting aspect of games to be able to become new spaces or dimensions where people who would not have otherwise interacted or connected hang out and build friendships. I remember playing Left 4 Dead regularly with a couple guys I knew from university and even though we ran in different circles in our regular lives, I still have these memories like we used to hang out together. Like, the video game manifestations of characters and being able to control them and interact creates a really interesting sense of presence in my memory. I feel like my social life and friendships in general have only been augmented by the addition of virtual spaces and activities and that's a really cool and real way for people to interact and something about games that I think people brush off or discount too easily.

I'm not surprised that people got emotional about the closure of the world they've been hanging out in for 18 years. There's a lot of memories there.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Aye, a game is a place where memories happen, just like a school or a bar you frequent or a playground.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Earplugs and time. On average it should be sleeping through the night in 4 to 6 months.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A monthly reminder that the Funko POP Titanfall 2 figures are actually really cool. OK thanks.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The game I was probably best at was Quake 3. I got to the point where I could join any given online game and place I the upper half of the scoreboard. So relative to good players I wasn't great but relative to how good I was at other games I was pretty great.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

nintendoon

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Some of my best friends are millennials...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

All generations are current!

Edit: all the alive ones

• Locked thread