Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm joining the nation of Cheetohs, corporate special forces Orange Claws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I hope SE still does turn based RPG stuff on handhelds. Bravely is a solid series, could use more stuff in that general vein.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

bravely team is making project octopath traveler

It's coming out in 2018 isn't it?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
and whatever the hell this is

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

But I just want to play online with my buddies. :(

Oh well.

If only they had a casual cross platform mode where people actually played casually instead of getting really really mad a lot.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

Do they? When I did the basic "Can you play with people one PC if you have PS4, it was a bunch of dads saying "Can I play with my son this way?" and getting a "No" answer, so I assumed that didn't exist.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic, or about that anyway. It would be neat but at least in my experience, people oddly rage more in casual play in OW than in comp.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If Cyberpunk ends up sucking, you can always go play Dragonfall or Hong Kong which are good. Or maybe play SNES Shadowrun which has aged ok.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

oddium posted:

i had a dream that there was a new paradox game where you ran the ncc 1701-d enterprise and it ruled. that was my dream thank you

That would be fun. Like a proper sequel to Bridge Commander or w/e

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ciaphas posted:

Probably has to do with possibly having thyroid cancer in my case, they're taking the whole shebang out in a couple months

In theory though my thyroid being broke would explain an awful lot about my health according to my doctors so even if it turns out the bumps are benign losing the thing could be a net win anyway?????

Well except for being in a hospital for 24 hours, noooooo

You get jello. Maybe even Italian ice since you're getting your thyroids out. The thinnest of silver linings but it's there. Also you get to make your bed move in fun ways.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

MinibarMatchman posted:

LOL that :stare: from hipster lady.

Is there an official list of teammates yet? I never really thought they surpassed ME2's cast. I thought ME3's cast sucked, give me Jack/Miranda/Thane/Moridin over the white-bread boring poo poo of Ashley/Kaiden and Vega any day of the week.

ME2 had the best RPG side cast outside New Vegas and SR: HK. I don't see new Bioware with most of the ME2 writers gone topping it.

Edit: gonna add "relatively recent" as a qualifier as well

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 15, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Their weird ability senses what you like, CJacobs. They use your google search.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

LawfulWaffle posted:

Whomp
Hilarity Comics
Oglaf
Perry Bible Fellowship
A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
Pictures For Sad Children
Achewood
Manly Men Doing Manly Things
Awkward Zombie
Life In Aggro

Those last three are decent gaming themed webcomics

May I suggest Poorly Drawn Lines and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal to add to your already good collection, my friend.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

Questionable Content. I don't even know why I was reading it except that I had it as part of my regular internet checklist and was too lazy to remove it.

I tried reading this because it was an ex's favorite comic and I just had to stop because it was rarely funny or clever. It was penny arcade but with relationship drama instead of video games.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

LawfulWaffle posted:

The first girl I dated in high school lent me her annotated copy of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. But that's not important. What is important is that no one has mentioned Hark, A Vagrant! and we should all feel a little bad about that.

JTHM was enjoyable but not as much as Squee or Invader Zim imo. And yeah obviously Hark is top tier on par with Achewood. I forget about it sometimes and I'm not sure why.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

It's as good as VGCats was, which is to say, occasionally chuckle-worthy.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Instant Sunrise posted:

i liked the "eat your hamburgers apollo" comic she did :shobon:

That one was funny but got beaten into the ground with reposts. No slam against her though, that's just people on the internet doing what they do.

Lurdiak posted:

The VGCats guy is a huge rear end in a top hat and personally hosed over a friend of mine who did a ton of work to get him into a local con. Dude didn't like where his table was so just walked out on the first day, without telling anyone.

What a poo poo head.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

Remember the VGCats comic where the joke was one of the cats went back in time and did an abortion on the other cat's mom with a coat hanger because he said the "i raped ur mom" gamer thing, and then the next comic poked fun at people who got offended by it by drawing more aborted fetuses, a thing a sane person definitely does

Sounds like PA's Dickwolves thing. Glad I stopped reading it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

The joke is they cried because iwata is dead, so the blue team won because tears are blue I guess. this was posted like a week after he died also

That is 8 panels to make the weakest joke one could even make about Iwata dying. Man I feel bad about even bringing up VGCats because it's clear what I remember of it is through rose-tinted glasses. It's terrible.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Quest For Glory II posted:

i sometimes read cat and girl even though it's not really funny AT ALL. but sometimes it does tap into something that i really get. idk

it's a pretty unfunny comic though

e: for some reason the cartoonist started drawing girl with really long sticks coming out of her hair a few years ago and it looks really weird

Apparently we have the same brain problems because I too enjoyed this

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

Should I go see Arrival or John Wick 2?

Arrival is a big character-driven sci drama with some mind-bending stuff that is really well-presented. John Wick 2 is a series of really fun action scenes (though imo the second one is the best in the movie). Very different. Pick the one you feel more inclined to see. I for one am glad I saw Arrival in theaters because it's a great way to experience it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

VideoGames joined the site before 2005. Makes you think

Was that also the year that the Desperate Housewives game came out? If so that seems like a citb critical year.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I dunno, I watched GitS a few times before seeing the Matrix and felt they were very distinct. The stories were not that similar and the main point of comparison is that are cyberpunk with guns.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

It was a heavy inspiration on the style and aesthetic.

Fair enough, but it also drew inspiration from martial arts films and other sci if sources. The rhythm of the movies also felt very different. GitS had long quiet relatively slow sequences punctuated by intense action (that even followed this rhythm) while the Matrix was characterized by constant visual kinetic and the whole bullet time thing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

PantsBandit posted:

The PS0 game was pretty good.

The PS65536 game was pretty good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm just saying that the wachowski's are anime fanboys and wanted to make their own ghost in the shell type thing.

Their best film is speed racer imo

I never got around to seeing it. Maybe one of these days.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

In Training posted:

As a general question to the thread, what game were you best at? It doesn't need to be like professional level play or being a speedrunner, but everyone's had their obsessions throughout gaming. What game absorbed your time and you wanted to master in your own way?

I think the only game that would apply for me is Dystopia, which was a HL2 mod that was kind of popular here. It was a team FPS set in cyberpunk with complex multistage objectives that were really fun. I played for hundreds of hours and got good enough to rank in the top 10 players from time to time and carry teams. The game is dead though, sadly.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 20, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

codenameFANGIO posted:

Name a perfect game.

SSX Tricky

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

13 minutes on one fish :psyduck:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Vita carts are tiny and they look the same size. Interesting. Definitely get a carrying case if you don't want to lose those suckers.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Bogart posted:

Hiya. I'm trying to get through the Nathan Drake collection, but Uncharted 1 is just banal platforming plus unfun shooting. Should I stick it out for the story and dialogue (which I do kinda like) or just jump to 2?

If you're enjoying the story but plodding along through the other parts, good news, that's where I was when I played through the series for the first time last year starting with 1. The first game is really rough and I didn't get the love for the series until 2. 2 gets way more fun with more/better story and miles better combat scenarios and then 3 is a weird mix of great and terrible and then 4 perfects everything. They added in some decent stealth to shake up the combat along with allowing you to get through much of the game without fighting if you didn't want to.

Finish 1 because it's short but if after a few hours of 2 you're not feeling it, don't bother with the rest.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
That was definitely very cool. Up there with the rooftop combat in 2 and the car chase scene in 4 as the series' best spectacles.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo&t=135s

Horse armor DLC is back! In Zelda form!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Problem Sleuth posted:

i've finally gotten around to playing nuclear throne and wow it's so good. i'm so bad at it though, i rarely make it past the 3rd area :(

Just wait until you get to ice world boss. gently caress that guy a million times.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

Consoles exist as a platform based entirely on the idea of not doing that.

edit: Also nobody called it a stupid choice

With the New 3DS, PS4Pro, and Scorpio, it looks like that principle is done, which sucks. Meanwhile, I own two of these things so I may in fact be part of the problem :smith:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
You ever play a game too much and then keep playing it in your head for a little while after you stop? Happening to me with Picross lately. This game is too addictive.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

Nioh is loving awesome. I think im cheating with the tactician set that puts all items and enemies on the radar but idgaf

I use an accessory with Kodama sense and wear the Warrior of the West suit because it has some ridiculous buffs, but I get the feeling some of endgame sets are even more game breaking. Might even be necessary if you want to do the level 150 missions.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

What's up everybody? How's everyone doing tonight. Or early morning rather.

Had a long week of being sick but finally feeling pretty much back at 100%. Watching tv and playing games. How you doing, FAK?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

THEN WHAT IS THE POINT

It outputs at 4K and they get a dumb model to sell at the $400 price point and make money while selling their old model at a lower point to get new customers. That is the point.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

What is the point of 4k output if it can't play 4k Blu-ray? It sure as gently caress can't play videogames at 4k and I can get a cheap Netflix box that'll handle that stuff

This

It does finally do 1080p at 60fps... with some graphics options turned down a bit depending on the game. And 4K at 20-something FPS. It's pretty poo poo yeah.

But I get it. Every retail outlet that sells TV's is pushing 4K so Sony's thing needs to say 4K. Why no 4K blu-ray? I have no loving clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

PantsBandit posted:

Yesterday I woke up terrified that I wouldn't have as much wood as I needed then I remembered that real life doesn't require as many raw resources as Stardew Valley.

You must construct additional pylons.

• Locked thread