Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What the gently caress? Did the guy who was actually supposed to be fired keep his job? :psyduck:

He is still on the payroll and is the only one who comes up when you search for my last name, yes!

My boss already knows and is going to fix it tomorrow(and promised handwritten checks for hours worked if they don't begin sending them right away again) but it was weird coming off of medical leave, swiping in and seeing "no employee for card found". Hopefully the person in hr who did it gets severely reprimanded/fired at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I know, and it's not an issue since they're going to be fixing it(union is already on it) but it's still absurd and a little hilarious. Like, the lack of giving a poo poo that person in hr must have is incredible.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Or at least someone with their last name.
:ocelot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahaha, I love this, Maximillian is a pretty well-known twitch streamer especially in the fighting game community, he was streaming Nioh(and still is right now) and a handful of substantial donations came in which nearly got him killed on multiple occasions. Him freaking out to the donations as well as trying not to die in Nioh is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wJ5nl9vguQ&hd=1

I'd probably have the same reaction, noises and all, to that first one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Those will probably all get charge backed in a month anyways. Maximillian is an awesome and entertaining streamer to watch though.

The first one is legit. He's apparently been dropping multiple thousands on a bunch of patreons and twitch streamers for a while now. Seems to be an insanely rich dude/lottery winner, I know if I suddenly had a few hundred million I'd make some people I follow online's day with a hefty donation unannounced while they're live for the reaction :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

devtesla posted:

I would make some sensible investments, and donate to charity.

Hundreds of millions, man. Plenty to go around.

I mentioned elsewhere that I'd likely do something I've always thought of doing if I had absurd money; make a team of handymen and construction workers to go around fixing people's houses for free. And do other stuff to generally improve people's lives.

Also, buy a giant robot, or maybe an exosuit, whichever was more technologically available at the time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

I saw the new yugioh movie

it was lol

We had a good time laughing at it because it was just a bunch of dumb bullshit all the way through lol

also Joey pulled one of these faces during it and I laughed cause it is terrifying

That face has been photoshopped onto a million things and it is amazing every time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yesterday snow followed by freezing rain

50 degrees today

1-1.5 feet of snow tomorrow

Man I love new england

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

there's thunder and lightning going on in this blizzard heck yeah. very cool

Where you at, here it's peacefully snowing gently down with a light powdering on everything, poorly foreshadowing the 18 inches we're supposed to get by tonight

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordja posted:

We had a tarantula living in a recess of the shower when I was a kid that would poke itself out whenever anyone went in to bathe. Must have been the size of my hand.

Very cute.

That is pretty cool. Tarantulas are harmless so I can see why nobody freaked out. Like they can bite sure but almost none of them have any significant venom to them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heated wiring is a blessing but I'm still gonna have to climb out and shovel the porch roof with this much snow goddammit

If they don't cancel work I'm gonna be super pissed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet a tarantula bite would just tickle your allergies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Some dude from Japan just ordered 10 giant inflatable dota winged donkey balloons from me.

I am not even really sure what the gently caress he wants that many for, I'm almost tempted to ask but I don't want to risk offending him.

Mordja posted:

Other animal visitors from my childhood: a fairly sizeable boa constrictor that coiled itself around the banister above my bunkbed (I was top bunk, ofc), and a small colony of bats living in the toolshed. :3:
nonvenemous snakes and spiders sure, but don't gently caress with bats, they carry rabies among other things and their poo poo can cause significant damage to buildings in addition to a ton of mold.

Help Im Alive posted:

Would people still be afraid of spiders if they were the half spider half topless woman you see in video games (i can only think of one example but I think there are lots)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no thanks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

the battleborn guy reminds me of post timeskip franky from one piece

please do not insult franky that way. franky is a cool dude, and that trucker hat guy is decidedly not.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
heh, these are neat. pointless and spergy, but neat little things anyways, and well-edited too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c274VOirffQ&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11lm_SqyItQ&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have no idea who he is. The second one showed up in the sidebar on another video I was watching so I clicked it out of curiosity and it was a cute little theory on the time between Megaman and Megaman X.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

It would stand a chance of pulling that off if it were not for Austin Walker who is unable to have fun doing anything without also saying "but maybe.... this is bad...."
you don't like austin? why, because he's fun and you're not? :smugdog:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

He asked why I don't like Austin Walker, what do you mean "who cares"

edit: granted I don't think it was a genuine question
yeah it was more to say you're a goober than anything else

CJacobs posted:

I don't have a problem with it, it's just not what I like to read in my free time. Games like Mafia 3 obviously want you to think about that stuff and Austin has decided that is his niche. What makes Waypoint bad to me is that they pair this introspection on society at large with "how would pokemon gently caress", two things that cannot coexist and be taken seriously imo
you cannot have seriousness as well as tongue in cheek on the same website. that is heresy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the strategy with the lovely pokemon loving articles and the like is probably to lure in randoms using clickbaity bullshit and hope they actually stick around for the "smart" stuff I wager

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

also the waypoint high stuff was :whitewater:
sounds like you're just an old man, old man. Should I get your... WALKER for you?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ImpAtom posted:

Remember your magic items, most of them can trivialize one of the knights in one way or another.

Buster only 4 lyfe

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What is steam direct

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StrixNebulosa posted:

tl;dr

steam greenlight is dead

steam direct is the new system and apparently you have to pay a fee like 5000$ to get your game on steam, which is bad

Well that's poopy

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 11, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo, I completely missed that CaptainSparklez finished the quadrilogy of his Minecraft music videos/movie. If ever there was a Minecraft movie on the big screen, I'd love for it to be something like this, because it took the Minecraft style and setting and really improved upon it, particularly the way the heads are designed, and the Nether. The way he made the Zombie Pigmen something more than just Nether denizens was a great touch. His animation skills definitely improved over the years too, and the songs are mostly great as well, especially Find The Pieces. He uploaded an all-in-one video for ease of watching, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayl3UXKpH1g&hd=1

Can't say I really expected that ending. Usually it's the father who dies, sacrificing himself so his children may live on. Liked it a lot more than the Telltale game's take on Minecraft, that's for sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh hey

http://imgur.com/gallery/l1RQgmV

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just had fun knocking gigantic icicles off my roof. The heated wiring is good but not perfect it seems, it stops the ice dams but not icicles.

And we're getting another foot of snow tonight.

I saw lego batman yesterday and that was really good though, so that's something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lobok posted:

DOOM has more platforming than I expected. I've been hunting for secrets by looking out for opportunities to jump up on boxes and ledges that aren't immediately obvious but more often than not that's turned out to be the actual route in the level.

If there's green lights, it's the main path

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lobok posted:

That's what I thought too but either I'm finding alternate routes to the main path or the lights aren't as consistent as I figured.

I think those still are the main path but just alternate routes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because actual fighting game players have gotten pretty excited playing it, since the various characters have lots of different combos, counter moves, parries, etc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe when nioh is on pc and not a ps4 exclusive I will care

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mostly just watch the jimquisitions and the occasional other video, like the bloody boobs one.

You can tell he's fighting not to be delighted by the werewolf's animations in the multiplayer because the "game" is so horrid

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DO NOT ENGAGE THE LUMPY

I REPEAT, DO NOT ENGAGE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well thanks for reading Stormfront so I never have to, I guess.
you genuinely suck and are willfully ignorant, please shut up and stop making a mess of this thread.

edit: so there's some content, RichaadEB just uploaded this nice cover of E1M1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZG1eqPEYbY&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1uaMZpV8E&hd=1

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, we have tons of American games to look forward to. Why this month alone we're getting Super Robot Wars and then there's Persona 5 and Zelda and Nier Automata...
Super Robot Wars, what? I haven't kept up on the SRW thread so excuse me if I missed an announcement, is there a SRW game coming to the US? I loved the GBA OG games(2 was much better though).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For those who may not've heard, Idle Thumbs, one of the longest-running game podcasts and one of my favorites is switching to Patreon to support the multiple podcasts they produce and host.

Idle Thumbs is hosted by Chris Remo, Nick Breckon, and Jake Rodkin(as well as some other former hosts like Sean Vanaman), who is responsible for the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead, before splitting off and forming Campo Santo Games and making Firewatch. It's a genuinely great podcast most of the time(the worst parts were during the days they were in full Firewatch production mode and so were tired + couldn't do much else during the week and the discussions were poor) and also has a fair bit of insight into the development of games or the minds of creators as well. Plenty of Robot News, too.

They also, over the course of a few years, read a bunch of emails I sent in about the Steam Hat Economy which I will take every opportunity to link whenever possible because the stories are downright nuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF52sL2wi1c&hd=1

Nick Breckon's GTAV Troll Clone Nightmare(about a minute in video of the act begins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMUe7qMxM1s&hd=1

Robot News animated short
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGbem2mKGM&hd=1

Them and their various podcasts are wonderful and often have lots of insightful discussion on the industry and game development. They also talk about a lot of stupid poo poo like the Wii Horse Bag.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mfcrocker posted:

skiver trash

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackfyre posted:

EDIT: I've not really listened to Idle Thumbs for a while, used to really enjoy it every week but started to find some it grating. Stopped a bit before Danielle came in? Think I didn't enjoy guest eps. Has Sean quit now then? I always enjoy Nick being Nick so glad he came back.

Felt they dropped the ball with Firewatch a bit though as it was good but not as great as I felt it should be with all their talk about games etc.
They're back to the Chris, Nick, Jake combo. It's been real great as of late. Danielle and Rob Zacney host Idle Weekends now. Sean still works at Campo Santo but isn't on the podcast anymore.

As for Firewatch, a lot of folks really, really like that game, while others find a lot of it good but that it dropped the ball in parts, so overall I think they hit the mark more often than not.

Idle Thumbs is continuing, they've joked about it "being over" but they're just going to do it every so often instead of every week. Gives them more opportunities to play stuff and build up discussions about games. Plus this new podcast they're doing allows them to go off on wild-rear end unrelated tangents more regularly when they'd try to reign it in somewhat on Idle Thumbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Self promotion lol

• Locked thread