Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lurdiak posted:

BTW making a half-life 2 mod that adds incessant Duke Nukem quips to the campaign was a joke idea I had years ago.

Replacing all the sound effects with random dialog from your favorite movie was a major genre of doom wads in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

neither Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword had anyone saying they blew up the Zelda formula or even really deviated from it in any meaningful way.

They did, actually. I don't have any citations but SS was frequently described as a departure from the series formula, mostly regarding the structure of the dungeons or lack thereof. Which is not untrue, even if it didn't necessarily turn out to be an improvement over the old way.

In Training posted:

Nothing will ever top Majora's Mask I think. Just because of how singular and strange that game is, I don't know if Nintendo will ever make a risk like that again with the name Zelda on the packaging

This is also true.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

his son is probably turned into a cool mask though

The deku mask is almost certainly the butler's son, don't recall how explicit the game makes this but it totally is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bayonetta was 2010 (and I think 1 is better than 2).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I thought the whole value proposition of the original Torment was the RP and text content, the actual combat was sort of an unfortunate side effect of being a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That punch looks like mocapped stage combat shown from an angle it shouldn't be shown at. Someone isn't as good a director as they think they are (or they let the player control the camera there).

• Locked thread