Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yo I'm playing through Night in the Woods right now and it's DOPE SO FAR!!!!

I think it's interesting how just about every dialogue choice you have to respond to things is just two bad replies that never actually help the situation. There's so many times where I'm like, "what no I don't want to say either of those things!" but they make sense for the character. The writing is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

For those of you that care, Jim Sterling was finally able to make a video about his lawsuit with Digital Homicide. And uh the whole thing is pretty :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-LXvhy1Do

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider finally, trying to complete as much of an area as I can when I have the tools to do it. It's been going fine so far but

gently caress them for having this challenge be that 6 out of the 7 posters can be burned with a molotov but the last one can only be burned with a fire arrow, which I haven't gotten access to yet. What the gently caress, just have ONE fire bottle up there for me jesus christ don't stop me from completing one out of the seven parts of a challenge, you might as well just lock the whole challenge off from me until I get the fire arrows in that case so I don't waste my time.

Also new Lara Croft is way cooler than punkass Nathan Drake. Captain Toad is cooler than both tho

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I'm one of those people who can really tell when framerates dip below ~45ish in games and I wish I wasn't so that I wouldn't have to spend tons of money making Tomb Raider look awesome (it does look awesome though).

By contrast I think movies shot at 48+ FPS look really cheap and "fake" to me, like it's made for television. It's weird.

Yeah I super notice as well, I was pretty stoked when I figured out how I could get Tomb Raider constantly running at 60 while still having the awesome hair effects on (turns out, having textures on really high made the game hate me for some reason?? but the hair effects are fine for some reason). I accept it for old games but modern games I just don't enjoy it if the FPS drops to 30. I like how smooth everything is. Especially true for games like Overwatch or Wolfenstien

I can't, however, even notice the difference between 60 and 100+ FPS. Overwatch can get that high for me but I don't see what the difference is. I guess it's cool my PC is capable of it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Avatar land at Disney's Animal Kingdom is opening soon so it's SORT OF relevant again. Sort of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGMlcQpQ6Ww

Wow, they finally turned Noby Noby Boy into a full game.

This looks great

• Locked thread