Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I recommend the Australian comedy mini series "The Strange Calls". Gregor is an absolute delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yo. Please stop trying to provoke Mr. President (the poster.) Cheers.

Edit: Or just jerkass posters in general, but they're probably just naturally attracted to DC threads.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 1, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yo. Please stop trying to provoke Mr. President (the poster.) Cheers.

Edit: Or just jerkass posters in general, but they're probably just naturally attracted to DC threads.

Lol at you wanting us to be nicer to the bigot snowflake.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

People are dragging him into fights any time he's posting some insignificant, innocuous post now, which is just making threads stink.

edit: or the awkwardly phrased 'bad thread material' I didn't edit out fast enough :/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 1, 2017

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Speaking about bad thread material tomorrow is March. I will make a proper (I swear this time) March discussion thread.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

People are dragging him into fights any time he's posting some insignificant, innocuous post now, which is just making threads stink.

No, we don't just peacefully tolerate the racist homophobe as long as he isn't actively saying racist, homophobic things. There's enough places on the internet he can run off to that won't be so hostile.

If the presence of this hideous bigot is making threads bad, he should stop posting at all, or better yet, we should ban him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LET'S TALK ABOUT RED HOOD

Nah, I'd rather mock the bigot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

Speaking about bad thread material tomorrow is March. I will make a proper (I swear this time) March discussion thread.

Isn't it Smarch?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

March: No Time For Comics. Must Zelda.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

Isn't it Smarch?

I got an editor this time. Sure the editor is me. And I will probably be drunk when I edit, but I can promise at least 65% less spelling mistakes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ugh. My LCS is having a customer appreciation day on Saturday with triple points and back issue discounts. This means I can't buy my pulls tomorrow! *sigh* First world problems...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Teenage Fansub posted:

March: No Time For Comics. Must Nier

I fixed your typo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why are you guys playing those dumb games when you could be playing River City Ransom Underground?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

Why are you guys playing those dumb games when you could be playing River City Ransom Underground?

A) we're talking about March, duh
B) two friends who backed it have told me it's shite

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Lurdiak posted:

Because it's buggy as hell and won't be fun for at least another three patches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

7 days to die is enjoyable is why.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have like 72 hours to finish FF XV. Will I do it or will I just fish and do hunts and other non-story stuff? Yeah, probably that latter one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I have like 72 hours to finish FF XV. Will I do it or will I just fish and do hunts and other non-story stuff? Yeah, probably that latter one.

It isn't like it's hard to finish it, the story is done in like 5 hours once you decide to advance it

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

END ME SCOOB posted:

A) we're talking about March, duh
B) two friends who backed it have told me it's shite

Your friends are incorrect. It's fun stuff.

I haven't seen any bugs. Just getting started. I punched a teacher and he sent me to the principal. Principal Abobo. I'm sold.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
One of them is right here and I buy his logic more than "but it's fun". That poo poo sounds miserable (and Streets of Rage was a better brawler anyway :v )

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Streets of Rage can suck my dick.

RCR Underground has some bugs, serious issues with conveyance and while I was in the backer beta, the basic player combos weren't locked away behind purchasable upgrades, which is a TERRIBLE decision that severely limits what players can do early on and basically hides the meat of the game. It's like if a platinum game disabled all your moves except one punch and one strong punch instead of only locking away the more complex and situational moves behind upgrades. Everyone has been yelling at the lead dev over this terrible, terrible choice.

Having said that, the game is still really drat good once you get past the initial bullshit, so good that it makes you realize just how poor the beat-em-up selection has been in these last 10 years.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

It's like if a platinum game disabled all your moves except one punch and one strong punch instead of only locking away the more complex and situational moves behind upgrades.

So, their Korra game. Which sucked out loud.

(I hope at this point this is coming off like teasing on a slow night at work and not me being a prick, for the record.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

First person to worry about coming off as a prick to Lurdiak.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

So, their Korra game. Which sucked out loud.

(I hope at this point this is coming off like teasing on a slow night at work and not me being a prick, for the record.)

Oh, I'm not defending that aspect. I've been screaming in the backer forums about how bad a call it is to lock the most basic fun part of the game away for new players. Hopefully they fix that poo poo asap, they've been very good about feedback and bug fixes during the beta.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

END ME SCOOB posted:

One of them is right here and I buy his logic more than "but it's fun". That poo poo sounds miserable (and Streets of Rage was a better brawler anyway :v )

I'm sorry if "I'm having fun" isn't a good enough reason to like a game?

But yeah, if it's not his cup of tea, it just isn't. Maybe I'll change my mind later, but I'm having fun with it. Grinding out cash to raise stats was always part of RCR though, and I understand maybe it's not for everyone. However, you can certainly easily avoid fights, including with the cops and get pretty much anywhere by running around, just like in the original.

Streets of Rage 2 better be what you are talking about. I have some nostalgia for the first game but it's pretty vanilla.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

joehonkie posted:

Streets of Rage 2 better be what you are talking about. I have some nostalgia for the first game but it's pretty vanilla.

2+, but yeah. And I wasn't going "you're wrong you aren't enjoying it", just "I feel I would find everything he's mentioning here just as bad, and will avoid this title due to it".

Realtalk though if that SoR3 vinyl becomes more than rumor, though, that's a day one buy for me. Love that soundtrack.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

END ME SCOOB posted:

2+, but yeah. And I wasn't going "you're wrong you aren't enjoying it", just "I feel I would find everything he's mentioning here just as bad, and will avoid this title due to it".

Realtalk though if that SoR3 vinyl becomes more than rumor, though, that's a day one buy for me. Love that soundtrack.

That's probably smart, then. It's a very nostalgia driven game and is very, very different that SoR.

What's the real crime is that the Scott Pilgrim game isn't on PC. Because that was pretty great.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Video games are for losers

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh, Streets of Rage 2 is pretty darn good. 3's US release is busted hard to the point of not being fun tho.

If we're talking about Streets of Rage I should probably bring Streets of Rage Remake up, aka the best fangame ever made. Google that poo poo and download it asap, it'll keep you busy until the RCRU devs get their poo poo together.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I have all of March off between jobs, so this deluge of neato games and a console launch couldn't have come at a better time.

Endless Mike posted:

Unless you wanna make the end pathetically easy, more or less mainline the story. I got there after 60 hours of side-quests and hunts and had no fun just swiping the final bosses around.

And the messing around is more fun post-game when you have a flying car :cheers:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They should have cast this handsome devil to play Superman back in the '90s.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

I've got no nostalgia for it at all and haven't heard anything particularly good about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Even if you have nostalgia for it it's still pretty bad.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

X-O posted:

They should have cast this handsome devil to play Superman back in the '90s.

I'm pretty sure he was too busy actually being Superman.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

haitfais posted:

I'm pretty sure he was too busy actually being Superman.

Allred is one of those artists who draws most of his characters to look like him. That means he's 56 now, but he still looks really young. He seems like a cool, happy, well-adjusted guy with a nice big family. He is my favorite artist, so I'm always happy to see him pop up anywhere. That old Wizard interview was probably the first time I had ever heard of him, way back in '93!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wizard loved him and Madman and had coverage of what he was doing fairly frequently. A shame his son is a douche.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Wizard loved him and Madman and had coverage of what he was doing fairly frequently. A shame his son is a douche.

Either I've forgotten or never knew, but what'd his son do?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Over the past year I've been reading through all of New Mutants to X-Force. I just finished X-Force volume 3 and, while I enjoyed it at the time it was coming out, holy poo poo! The 90's were filthy with cross overs, but the last half of this series was nothing but tie ins to events! Messiah Complex to Necrosha to Second Coming, it was flat out ridiculous especially when you're only reading a single series in the tie ins.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

hup posted:

Either I've forgotten or never knew, but what'd his son do?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2569051

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
New discussion thread here and I think I kind of nailed it perfectly.

• Locked thread