Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Roth posted:

I wish DC were capable of making a good Static comic.

So loving agreed, my dude.

Also for twofold "Black" history month:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

That gun episode was the first episode of the show I saw while it was airing, and I was like "Hmmm I think I can skip this one". I've since watched more of it, and it's not quite that bad all the way, but boy, I doubt I was the only person who passed on it after that aired.

I did this rant before but man. The story that was adapting was in part the end of an award winning arc from the book ("What Are Little Boys Made Of?"), with a recurring villain being shot by Rick when the dude takes out a few cops. It fucks him up because he did a good thing but he still shot a dude, and then the cops come to him because he fired a KOed officer's weapon to do so, so... A lot of fallout from that arc over the next year or so of book.

Standards and Practices wasn't so kind.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Roth posted:

Should probably read a bunch of Milestone comics for Black History Month.

Anything essential besides Static?

In all honesty, give the opening two arcs on any book a shot and see if the cast fits with you. I say two arcs because at least one has a shakeup immediately...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Wheat Loaf posted:

I liked the Static Shock episode where he meets this forgotten 1970s superhero called Soul Power, who was an homage to blaxploitation characters. He was voiced by Brock Peters, looked (in the flashback scenes) like Jim Kelly, drove a Soulmobile and had a hideout called the Power Pad.

Also a slight adaptation, although in the Milestone books he was named "Buck Wild".

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Thirding that.

I think you've singlehandedly sold me a copy of that book based on those panels, though, so next time I hit the shop, I'll try that one out.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

What do you know, Gavok?

I think you missed his reference.

mst3k revival, man

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

X-O posted:

I don't understand why Funko is such a popular thing. I mean I do, because nerds love their toys, but I still don't get the appeal of these toys in particular. They just look like dumb little blobs of plastic to me.

The easiest summary is they shotgun out licenses, they cost somewhere between $5-10 depending on where you look for them, and they aren't large enough to make you go "well that's just impractical", so a lot of folks go "Okay I'll buy a little desk caddy from (thing I like that never had any merch)".

I'm kinda predicting this is the year they crash out as a lot of my local comic shops have been cutting stock on those all of a sudden for ??? reason.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
See, part of me wonders about all those major corporation deals they've made being part of the reason. At a local mall you can now get them from Barnes and Noble, Hot Topic, and Gamestop alone, much less the smaller selection in Target across the street.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'll just throw out something happier in an attempt to correct the downward spiral: Lasagna Cat is back and apparently there are at least two extra channels and two websites worth of extra jokes that people have found so far. Plus it's just incredibly silly.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Teenage Fansub posted:

March: No Time For Comics. Must Nier

I fixed your typo.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

Why are you guys playing those dumb games when you could be playing River City Ransom Underground?

A) we're talking about March, duh
B) two friends who backed it have told me it's shite

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
One of them is right here and I buy his logic more than "but it's fun". That poo poo sounds miserable (and Streets of Rage was a better brawler anyway :v )

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lurdiak posted:

It's like if a platinum game disabled all your moves except one punch and one strong punch instead of only locking away the more complex and situational moves behind upgrades.

So, their Korra game. Which sucked out loud.

(I hope at this point this is coming off like teasing on a slow night at work and not me being a prick, for the record.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

joehonkie posted:

Streets of Rage 2 better be what you are talking about. I have some nostalgia for the first game but it's pretty vanilla.

2+, but yeah. And I wasn't going "you're wrong you aren't enjoying it", just "I feel I would find everything he's mentioning here just as bad, and will avoid this title due to it".

Realtalk though if that SoR3 vinyl becomes more than rumor, though, that's a day one buy for me. Love that soundtrack.

• Locked thread