Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Just remember the plural of Lego is Legolas! That'll be on the quiz!

No, Legolas is what they call a woman employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It was Warrior Guy with boobs, what else was it supposed to be?

In comics? "Red skin, tattoos, barely dressed" probably describes several dozen characters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't drink soda anymore because it's really unhealthy for you. :smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

So you think they're so much better than other potato chips that they limit the potential of others and are jealous of them? Weird.

Well that and are also secretly incredibly gay for them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

I'm 23, but real talk, being around people who would get poo poo faced on a regular basis severely put me off from drinking, and I'm really not interested in it.

I don't drink because my family has a long-term history with alcoholism and addiction and the last thing I want to do is go down that same path. This same reason also has put me off finding people who get drunk and make shits of themselves funny instead of depressing and upsetting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

Everybody older than me is going to die soon, and everybody younger is a baby.

Don't worry, everyone younger than you is also going to die soon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm sitting on a stool at my favorite bar drinking crappy Canadian beer. Life is good and I love you all.

Go home, Rhyno, you're drunk.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I just wish people would leave me alone.

You frequently make extremely antagonistic posts and seem to take great pleasure in doing so. Be the change you want to see in the world.

(That said at least this time it isn't a lovely nasty picture.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That doesn't make it ok to pick on me.

You pick on other people, why do you think they shouldn't give you the same treatment? Like you genuinely and wholeheartedly take delight into going into threads and making GBS threads on things people are enjoying or making intentionally inflammatory comments designed to derail conversations. When you're not doing that I think you make really good and insightful posts but you do it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Even if that was what I did, that's not picking on people. Me saying Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage is different from saying you, the person that enjoys Far Cry 4, is a huge pile of garbage. And when I say Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage, that's not derailing Far Cry 4 talk, that's me giving my opinion that the game is a huge pile of garbage. That's part of the conversation.

I think if you were just giving your opinion you'd be fine but you tend to take extremely exaggerated and hyperbolic stances and kind of double down on it. It tends to less foster conversation and more (justified or not) foster people arguing with you. I mean I admit I've snapped at you before and while it was excessive of me, it's hard to want to talk to you sometimes because (to punish a metaphor) to get the delicious nougat of interesting and informed opinion you have to bite through a whole lot of bitter crap.

I don't think you're a troll or anything because when pushed you do make some good posts, but I think the instant snap-jump to negativity and the fact that you do have a habit of popping in to go "(Thing people are enjoying?) Well, it's poo poo!" kind of burns people out. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything to you, I just figured I'd try a genuine attempt at conversation instead of going 'sucks for you, Lurdiak!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There was a thread in QCS about her which is the reason both for that and presumably why she left beforehand.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Regardless of how you feel about her, this was absolutely not a healthy posting environment for WickedHate and honestly I think it wasn't a good thing they kept coming back for further abuse, justified or no. That's about my sum feeling on the matter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I fell asleep after reading only Jughead and Batman Beyond, but Batman Beyond's ending pissed me off. The Joker still being alive is god damned stupid, don't do that.

That is the one thing that would forever murder any interest I had in a BB book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I have like 72 hours to finish FF XV. Will I do it or will I just fish and do hunts and other non-story stuff? Yeah, probably that latter one.

It isn't like it's hard to finish it, the story is done in like 5 hours once you decide to advance it

• Locked thread