Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I concede that this is the one true February thread. I hang my head in shame .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
For Milestone stuff I remember Icon being pretty great from the random issues I managed to pick up.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

RandallODim posted:

Is this where someone comes in to mention that the Josie & The Pussycats movie is also good, because I'm willing to be that person.

I'm finally borrowing a friend's copy of Kyle Baker's Nat Turner, so I'm quite excited to read that.

I didn't like the movie when it came out, most likely because I was a cynical idiot teen, but watching it 10 years later and I came around to how funny the movie actually is.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As someone who works in a library it is awesome to see goons use the library to take out graphic novels. The more times graphic novels get taken it the more times a library can justify ordering more titles. Also don't be afraid to request the library to buy a titles every now and again.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Something in a similar style, but less horror orientated than ST, is Paper Girls.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My one and only tattoo is sports related in a way.
I keep seeing other people's tattoos and thinking they look cool but if I got something similar it would just be copying. Also I know a few people who got tattoos based on their childhood likes (a friend has a really cool Calvin and Hobbs tattoo for instance) but I don't want to do that because I really don't want a Garfield tattoo. If anything a Toth style Batman tattoo would be up my ally.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I recently got a very tiny tattoo to remember my friend who recently died. Nothing flashy, just a reminder.

Let's talk about some irritating poo poo.

http://comicsalliance.com/image-womens-history-month-planned-parenthood/

Image is doing special PP variants in March. We're already getting calls asking if we will be carrying these from both sides of the issue and it is driving me up the loving wall. We finally settled on them being special order only which also sucks because today was the final order cutoff for the first week's worth so we're gonna have plenty of irritated people over this. But we just don't want to deal with the bullshit on this as one caller said her organization would protest at our store.

If she calls again ask her if she represents 1 000 000 moms and if she says yes laugh at her. Loudly. For a long period of time. Hell, you can do that even if she says no.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

The people who caused trouble last time were the "Northeast Indiana Christian Collalition" and they actually do stir poo poo up. They marched at a Manson concert and probably 600 people showed up to picket.

People still care enough about Manson to picket his shows? Are they forever living in 1997?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

poo poo, I'm more surprised Manson still cares enough about Manson to show up at a concert.

Heard good things about his last album which came out last year I think. It's just funny to think people still find him offensive.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's weird where people read Captain America just because it has the name America in the title and then they completely ignore everything about that character.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I didn't cry but the series seriously took a nosedive in quality storywise. Probably smart idea to do a reboot of the series now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

Chris Evans should punch David Duke.

I wish they would offer Duke a cameo in the next Captain America movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

I'd pay 15 or whatever for the 3d Imax presentation.

I would just wait for virtual reality to get to the point where it makes me feel like I am there in person.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's a different beast to the first one but it does what all good sequels should do: be bigger and crazier than the original movie.
Seriously John Wick is pretty much a superhero movie done right and if you like action movies that don't pretend to be more than that check out the sequel.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

RevKrule posted:

A third has already been green lit. When they green lit the second they approved the third as it was meant to be a trilogy.

Without giving away any details the movie definitely sets up for a third movie. That being said, just because a movie sets up for another that isn't any guarantee that another movie will be made (just look at Green Lantern for instance). That being said, I would be very surprised if a third John Wick didn't come out. Reeves seems to love the character and doing the movie and the movies definitely have a strong following.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me over the last month as I've gone through the worst time in my life. It has been noticed and appreciated.

This is a happy dog. He wants you to be happy. When you are feeling down think about the happy dog wanting you to be happy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

Well, I got the job at Legoland

Can you drop any scoops about new Star wars stuff before the official announcements?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
All comic book people look like Greg Rucka to me.
Stan Lee is going to be at ECCC this year and I think Todd McFarlane is going to interview him. I hope that image video is brought up where he comments on Todd and Rob drawing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I had Gal Gardner for like a year!

Why you shouting at me Rhyno?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Best case scenario they review Marville.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey if there can be an emoji movie why can't there be a Funko movie. Let's run this poo poo to the ground

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just a reminder. Read good comics not bad.

Here is a list of good comics, as judged by me - a good comic reading guy

Daytripper
Blankets
Maus
Persepolis
Sandman
Watchmen
Moore's Swamp Thing
Top Ten
Y: The Last Man
Saga
Fun Home
Habibi
March
Flex Mentallo
Asterios Polyp
Two Brothers
Contract with God
Transmetropolitan
Tons of others I can't think of now

As you will see there are no bad comics on that list so you should read those instead of bad comics.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

You forgot Newspaper Spider-man.

Actually you will notice that outside of Moore's Swamp Thing I avoided superhero stuff, which is on a different list of good comics (aptly titled good superhero comics list).

Therefore my above list is still valid.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

Requesting list of good comics in which Hal gets beaten up

The first few issues of Green Lantern during Nu52 reboot then. He gets emotionally beaten up by Sinestro trolling him.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Personally the reason I buy DC over Marvel has more to do with price than anything else.
Also good on DC I guess.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Post the correct opinion that Batman is awesome.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

Batman is a square.

What music do you think Batman listens to to get pumped up?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

joehonkie posted:

The Lego Batman movie answers this question very well.

I will accept this as cannon.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I guess there is this Batman song which he could listen to to get pumped up.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The only pop I drink is Canada Dry. drat good too.
Also North Americans don't know a drat thing about what makes a good chip.
Also also, lay off the pop, drink more beer.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

Just try to stop me from drinking this cream soda.

Edit - Oh gently caress the first volume of the Sandman Omnibus is massive, my poor back

Wait. Important question here. What colour is the cream (or creme) soda that you drink? This is very important and goes a long way in determining if you are doing it right or not.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

Anybody else ever had big red cream soda

Where I am from it's green. Anything besides green looks wrong to me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I got on Facebook a few minutes ago and I somehow forgot that today was my loving birthday so you bet your rear end I will be drunk tonight.

Who the hell forgets it's their birthday before getting drunk? You doing everything arse-backwards today.

BTW happy Birthday you arse-backwards man.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

Rhyno is the BSS dad.

More like drunk uncle.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
We were stating the age of your liver!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Making fun of old people keeps me young.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I'm sitting on a stool at my favorite bar drinking crappy Canadian beer. Life is good and I love you all.

Why you drinking crappy Canadian beer? Drink good Canadian beer instead.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

There's no such thing!

Go home Rhyno. You're drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

I'm going to be headed to Portland in May, looking forward to trying local beers.

Happy birthday, Rhyno. You still have two years before everything starts to suck all the time.

Just like a gave a list have good comics that are good here are good Portland breweries that are good:
Hair of the dog
Cascadia
Burnside
Basecamp
Laurelwood
Yellow Lab
Gigantic

You can thank me for this later and if you ever come to British Columbia I can give you a list of good breweries there.

• Locked thread