Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Roth posted:

The cartoon is a sort of underrated part of the DCAU I think. Pretty often ignored, which is fair, because I don't think it's as good as some of the other DCAU shows, but I think they did some pretty neat stuff with it.

I liked the Static Shock episode where he meets this forgotten 1970s superhero called Soul Power, who was an homage to blaxploitation characters. He was voiced by Brock Peters, looked (in the flashback scenes) like Jim Kelly, drove a Soulmobile and had a hideout called the Power Pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

redbackground posted:

It's amazing how much weight you lose once you stop drinking cokes.

I lost a lot of weight when I started going to the gym regularly and I could drink as much of that stuff as I liked.

Unfortunately, I've since started a new course and I've had to cut the gym out entirely (I still do BJJ two or three times a week but that's about it, and I don't get to that nearly as much as I'd like) and I've put all the weight I lost back on and then some.

It is pretty annoying, especially since my respiratory problems (which went away when I was able to get down to the gym regularly) have come back with the weight. :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like A&W root beer because it is the only kind you can get where I live (in the American imported sweet shop*).

* You can also get it on Amazon but who buys food and drink over Amazon?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best crisps are Tayto, but only Northern Ireland Tayto. Republic of Ireland Tayto are second best.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bill Paxton no. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Could Marvel publish Indiana Jones comics or republish the old Dark Horse ones? The relevant copyrights would have transferred across with Lucasfilm, after all. That might be interesting, though I'm not sure who'd be good at writing them.

I remember James Luceno once told a story about how when he wrote a tie-in novel for The Young Indiana Jones Adventures he was required to present whichever company was publishing it with written records of his research into its First World War setting to ensure its accuracy!

I'm actually watching The Young Indiana Jones Adventures now. It's pretty good.

Did you guys know that Indiana Jones's mum once almost eloped with Giacomo Puccini? :v:

• Locked thread