Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Colored People Time is such a bizarrely specific thing. It's like the manager at Racism Inc. was like "I want ten new stereotype ideas on my desk by the end of the day or you're all fired" and someone got desperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

In December my father told me he might have cancer. In January my friend was violently murdered. In February my girlfriend's father is most certainly going to lose his battle with cancer. Just today one of my favorite couples that shop where I work told me they lost their baby at 6 months into the pregnancy.

Call your friends, go see your families. Make sure everyone you love knows you love them.

You still doing okay? Hang in there :smith:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Grimm Chamber was the name of my post-punk black metalcore band.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Edge & Christian posted:

It's also a weird run because the focus of Kanigher's Lois Lane run is her investigating slumlords, protest marches, pollution, and conditions on Indian reservations, but for cross-brand synergy the force behind these social ills is frequently Intergang, supported by Desaad, Mokkarri, and Darkseid himself.

Darkseid is metaphorically evil incarnate so while I usually find him overused and dumb I think this works when you're dealing with "real" issues in a comic book universe; Darkseid may not be a living breathing person pulling the strings of humanity, but he and his minions are an effective stand in for the abstract concept of evil.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It says no Rhynos, we're allowed to have one.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 3, 2017

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

A somewhat ironic statement for Second Rhyno to post.

You really think I'm the second Rhyno!?!?!?

Awww. :blush:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My memory is awful, everything before like a week ago is a blurr. :shrug:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Don't worry, iron crosses are out of style for the fashionable racist of today's world. If you see any frog tattoos, that's when you worry.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've always been fascinated with tattoos. My dad has tons of them. I really wanna get at least one some time, but I gotta get it just right, you know? Right now I'm leaning towards the mark of the Doomslayer from the recent Doom reboot.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Super 8 is probably a lot like Stranger Things, right? I haven't watched either of them. I feel like culture is oversaturated with 80s nostalgia so it's a real big turn off for me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

On Eternia it stands for Hope.

If I ever go to prison I'll get a Superman tattoo and say it's S for swastika.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

I got this sweet tat when I was stabbed with a pencil in high school.

But...my mom has a mark like that from when SHE was stabbed with a pencil!

No...it can't be true! It's not possible!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

The people who caused trouble last time were the "Northeast Indiana Christian Collalition" and they actually do stir poo poo up. They marched at a Manson concert and probably 600 people showed up to picket.

More people to punch!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

If I was 100% in control of ordering? gently caress yes it would be possible.

How many people like that actually buy comics otherwise?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Terrible people? You'd be horrified. We have a dude who asks every time he comes in if Captain America is done being an N***** yet.

Well he should be asking "when will Captain America stop being a N***?".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Still going strong with their 17th artist after the previous one died in that blimp accident involving the russian mob's child traffic ring.

Actually the 17th just died last night, in a bizarre gardening incident best left unsolved.

e: I can't tell if I was ninja'd or not

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
i want Amalgam comics back just because they really dropped the ball on using Bruce Wayne as their SHIELD character instead of Diana Prince, using the old white uniform kung fu spy set up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Lego Lass is my favorite Legion of Superheroes character.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm catching up on Saga and as a trans girl I really, really appreciate that it's featuring a trans girl who catches all kinds of bullshit from people. Normally in fantasy/sci-fi queer people have their queerness alluded to and no one gives a poo poo, and I didn't realize until now that it bothers me.

On the other hand this was really funny:

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 8, 2017

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Chris Evans should punch David Duke.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Soonmot posted:

What are the odds of Marvel doing a deluxe hardcover collecting the recent Vision run?

Pretty high I'd say. Doesn't everything get a trade of some kind these days? Recent Vision is like, Eisner material, people couldn't stop raving about it, Marvel would be pretty fuckdumb to avoid it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Hopefully it goes better than the Peter Capaldi signing last year. I wasn't in that, but *everyone* I knew who did it was pissed the gently caress off.

What happened?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

It was Warrior Guy with boobs, what else was it supposed to be?

No one read Warrior!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Guy Gardner is without a doubt my favorite comic book character ever. Something about a heroic rear end in a top hat with an incredibly lovely childhood just speaks to me.

Try JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CapnAndy posted:

Too vague to get hyped right now. "We're gonna post old public domain comics and mock the poo poo out of them" would have me very excited

There's like a billion sites that do that for free. They don't even have to be public domain.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Doctor Spaceman posted:

At least you know what's going to be turning up on "Remember the 201X years" lists in a few decades.

Or worse.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

Isn't the 24 number four titles with different authors split over two years, so he really only has to write six?

Karnak was only six.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I finally got the chance to actually read The Unfunnies.

It isn't good in the slightest and yet it's still better at being shock shlock than a lot of other stuff I read. Like you take it in comparison to something like Bomb Queen, which stretches the same joke-say the word KKK over and over again, show fat old tits over and over again, etc.-and like, the Unfunnies actually sets up jokes. Bad jokes that aren't really funny, but still. There's a modicum of effort on Mark Millar's part and you got to give him that.

Really I just want to bitch about Bomb Queen because I hate it and it's stupid dumb bullshit. IDK why I hate it so much more than anything else in a similar category, but I just do.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Right? Like be dumb or offensive or even both, but do it right for Christ's sake.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There's nothing super or heroic about Newspaper Spider-Man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I feel like there's a critical level of lovely treatment by a mod where I'll eventually resort to mod sass, but I know that would just be a losing gambit.

Endless Mike posted:

Mods ban this filth.

I was making fun of Newspaper Peter Parker, not Newspaper Spider-Man the strip.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I can't believe President Obama prefers John Walker.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Agent_grey posted:

So I plan to post more but want to ask, outside of not being a lovely person what do you all feel makes a good poster?

Easy, just follow my lead!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

Post the correct opinion that Batman is awesome.

Batman is a square.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

I don't drink soda anymore because it's really unhealthy for you. :smith:

Not caring about living is great! I recommend it, 10/10.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hate how much I love doritos and mt.dew because of the stereotypes associated with them, but they really are like, crazy good. If it weren't for doroto dust getting stuck to your loving hand I'd eat them in pounds.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I got on Facebook a few minutes ago and I somehow forgot that today was my loving birthday so you bet your rear end I will be drunk tonight.

Happy birthday~!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Rhyno is the BSS dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey so I don't mean to be dramatic but I'm gonna take a break from posting for awhile. IDK if I really wanna come back but rn I'm just not in a good headspace for all the poo poo I've got with SA and it just freaks me out and makes me uncomfortable.

So, bit of a vacation, gonna clear my head, decide later. Take care yall.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread