Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I wish DC were capable of making a good Static comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There should be a poll to objectively determine who the best black comic book character is because that's what polls do.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

Did he really need to post black canary in a diaper to make that point tho.

Weird deviantart poo poo is hilarious, so yes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

To have actual content that isn't just drama, I'll make a post about Static. I'm mostly familiar with the animated version, and the only comics I read were Rebirth of Cool (which was good), the New 52 one (which I remember being very not good), and his brief stint as a member of the Teen Titans (which was also bad).

The cartoon is a sort of underrated part of the DCAU I think. Pretty often ignored, which is fair, because I don't think it's as good as some of the other DCAU shows, but I think they did some pretty neat stuff with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLx_tajPn_0

Stupid title aside, I feel like a serious conversation of this kind of thing in a kid's cartoon is pretty out there when the episode isn't an after school special about racism.

Of course, it also had this, but nothing's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ76nuzDWCk

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It made that episode of Batman TAS where some kids have Batman in their basement while they do Home Alone poo poo against the Penguin and his thugs look like Heart of Ice in comparison.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A lot of silver age comics are known almost entirely by their covers at this point. It's rather unfortunate.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Should probably read a bunch of Milestone comics for Black History Month.

Anything essential besides Static?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I also remember an episode that had Shaq in it as a main character.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I’ve figured out that I can request basically any trade I want at my library and get it eventually.

So I’m requesting Batman and Son, volume 1 of Greg Rucka’s Wonder Woman, and the Sandman Omnibus Volume 1.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm also requesting The New Frontier, volume one of Grant Morrison's Animal Man, volume one of Christopher Priest's Black Panther, and Nextwave. :buddy:

I wish I thought to do this before now.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Really, everyone should punch Richard Spencer at some point in their lives.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

Well he should be asking "when will Captain America stop being a N***?".

***For details, see Captain America #1

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If only the comics industry were big enough that we'd get a bunch of people buying America #1 and getting upset over the content.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I managed to get a job interview at Legoland this Friday. Here's hoping I get the job.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, I got the job at Legoland

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There will be Lego sets based on the new movie this year!

Don't tell anyone, this is more classified than anything Rhyno posts

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I probably wouldn't even recognize him. I have no idea what pretty much any comic creator looks like besides Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

There is no way you don't know what Alan Moore looks like, pal.

Oh, that's right. I know Alan Moore, and also Frank Miller. Most everybody else I can't really put a face to their name.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Because there's pictures of him online?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I suppose it would be more accurate to say that if I saw one of those photos of Steve Ditko I'd recognize it's him.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I take back every good thing I've ever said about a comic book

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The next big comic book character:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think there are some good Funko pops, but they're all characters that are monstrous/can't be done in their standard style

This Big Daddy one looks pretty good, I think

But everything else is just the same thing copied over, with the only differences being clothes and hairs, and they just make everything look so generic.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Requesting list of good comics in which Hal gets beaten up

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

The only pop I drink is Canada Dry. drat good too.
Also North Americans don't know a drat thing about what makes a good chip.
Also also, lay off the pop, drink more beer.

Nah man, I'm straight edge for life

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just try to stop me from drinking this cream soda.

Edit - Oh gently caress the first volume of the Sandman Omnibus is massive, my poor back

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't drink it regularly, I just bought an A&W one on the way to class from a 7-11 since all the soda talk made me thirsty and I wanted to try somethi g I don't get a lot.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm 23, but real talk, being around people who would get poo poo faced on a regular basis severely put me off from drinking, and I'm really not interested in it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm pretty fond of tortilla chips, provided there's some sort of salsa/dip lying around.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Happy Birthday you lousy drunkard

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Everybody older than me is going to die soon, and everybody younger is a baby.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Don't worry, everyone younger than you is also going to die soon.

Oh thank gently caress

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mind if I give the Marvel Unlimited code to a friend?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't really get why people were so hard on WickedHate over every little thing, and then they defended fascism in the Discord server.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't get to see his avatar before somebody bought him another one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Video games are for losers

• Locked thread