Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is not a post random panels thread, as E&C has expertly pointed out in his own special way. Knock that poo poo off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Is e&c a racist making fun of black history month i dont understand that post

xo can you please give him a 30 day for being a weirdo gently caress

His post is calling out people for posting a bunch of random rear end panels for no reason.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Did he really need to post black canary in a diaper to make that point tho.

I thought his point was made pretty well the first time he posted and nobody seemed to get it, so yeah maybe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

People posting black panther, blade, luke cage, and laffo lovely comics attempt at appealing to black people

E&c posts huge deviantart pics of white women with huge asses

hmmm yess this is the same

I think you need to take a look back at the posts on page one. There are a couple that are decent posts. But most are not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge & Christian posted:

Fun fact about the Lois Lane "I Am Curious Black" issue:

It was part of a deeply odd run on Lois Lane by Robert Kanigher, generally more remembered for creating the lion's share of DC's war titles: Sgt. Rock, Losers, Haunted Tank, Enemy Ace, Suicide Squad. But he did a lot more than that, including about a decade on Wonder Woman, co-creating the Metal Men, etc.

He was put on Lois Lane at the same time as Jack Kirby took over Jimmy Olsen, sort of as a last-ditch shake-up of two failing books. Where Kirby took Jimmy into the realm of Kirby-ish high cosmic adventure, Kanigher tried to do some socially relevant "real world" stories with Lois. As cringe-y as the idea of using a Kryptonian device to "live a week as a black woman" is on the surface, the issue was an extremely earnest attempt from a fiftysomething white guy to promote civil rights and equality.

And it doesn't even end in that issue! She befriends a black doctor in that issue, and after very briefly entertaining the idea of having him be a romantic interest, introduce his girlfriend Tina Ames. Lois then proceeds to become roommates with Tina, and Lois proceeds to have two black supporting cast members for the rest of Kanigher's run. This is years before there are any black people on the Justice League or the Legion of Superheroes, before John Stewart, Ron Troupe, Lucius Fox, just about any black characters period at DC. The only real exceptions are Flipper Dipper/Vykin the Black/a couple other minor Kirby characters, and Mal Duncan in Teen Titans, who was co-created by... Robert Kanigher.

It's also a weird run because the focus of Kanigher's Lois Lane run is her investigating slumlords, protest marches, pollution, and conditions on Indian reservations, but for cross-brand synergy the force behind these social ills is frequently Intergang, supported by Desaad, Mokkarri, and Darkseid himself.

Basically, it's just kind of weird that all this run (and sort of by extension, Kanigher) is best known by 21C fans on the internet as THAT BLACK LOIS LANE COVER.

Sorry, everyone can go back to calling me a racist and posting like that one time that Superman wore a black outfit.

I had no idea this was actually the case. That is insane.

See folks, this is a good post.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There was a Punisher one in the '90s right? I can't imagine that was any good but who knows. Anyone know the story on that?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's quite amazing that you live in this little Wonderland where people actually give a gently caress about comics even a little bit. I guarantee you 99% of other shops will never hear anything about that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't understand why Funko is such a popular thing. I mean I do, because nerds love their toys, but I still don't get the appeal of these toys in particular. They just look like dumb little blobs of plastic to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

Mods ban this filth.

Like I haven't been tempted.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

fadam posted:

I know it probably doesn't exist, but is there an app or something that sends Google calendar notifications when books I'm interested in are coming out? I've managed to consolidate literally every other organizer I use into Google calendar except for Comixology's pulllist thing and it kind of ticks me off.

Couldn't you just subscribe to the books you want? I don't see the need for a reminder in that case.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

I hate Lay's potato chips the way Lex Luthor hates Superman.

So you think they're so much better than other potato chips that they limit the potential of others and are jealous of them? Weird.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've never had a sip of alcohol and my wallet is all the better for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you said Uncharted 4 was bad you deserved whatever you got for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, if I had to choose between getting a tattoo and death I'd genuinely have to consider it for a few moments.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WickedHate was really bad and it's good that she's gone. But this thread is not for that. Move on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They should have cast this handsome devil to play Superman back in the '90s.

• Locked thread