Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey everyone! It's February, which, in the US, at least, is also Black History Month, so instead of talking about how terrible the world is, let's talk about cool black comic characters and creators. Or whatever else you feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm fine. It's just very sobering to have so many horrible things happen in such a short time.

Yeah, it's been a long 12 days.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I dropped Black Panther after a few issues since it was *really* obvious Coates was still working out how to write comics. I could see where it could be good, but I couldn't get over that. Might have to pick up trades.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He doesn't live too far from me, and there's groups organizing to have regular protests at his office, so it might actually happen!

Speaking of not-Nazi tattoos, I want a Mjolnir tattoo, but of course neo-Nazis appropriated that. Fuckers. Doesn't help that I also shave my head.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Squizzle posted:

There came a time when the Old Gods died, my friend. By which I mean that you should get a tattoo of Orion's astro-harness instead.

Also :krad: options: a Mother Box, Barda's mega-rod.
None of those are particularly interesting looking, unfortunately, though Kirby art does lend itself well to tattooing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, a Nextwave tattoo is probably the best option here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

If I ever go to prison I'll get a Superman tattoo and say it's S for swastika.
No, in prison, it stands for "spread of hepatitis"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

There are people in this country who honest to god still think that D&D and MTG are satanic rituals.
Heh the greatest trick the devil played was convincing nerds that his games weren't satanic rituals.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

It was actually forming the Catholic Church.

rip jack chick.

Ah, yes, good point. The games thing was #2, then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GUYS. Stan Lee is going to be at Awesomecon this year and I'm going to meet Stan Lee.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'll pay whatever. It's Stan Lee.

Hopefully it goes better than the Peter Capaldi signing last year. I wasn't in that, but *everyone* I knew who did it was pissed the gently caress off.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

What happened?
As far as I can tell, they way oversold the number of meet and greet/autograph tickets, so the line was hours long. Capaldi, to his credit, stuck around well past his scheduled time to ensure everyone got their autographs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Do we live in a world where Felicia Day can headline a convention?

Awesomecon is not a huge con, but even still they tend to bring in bigger names than Felicia Day, so I can't imagine being too worried about that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

There's nothing super or heroic about Newspaper Spider-Man.

Mods ban this filth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Diet Dr. Pepper is the best soda.

But I don't really drink a lot, in any case. That's space that can be used for beer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alaois posted:

Herr's is the best brand of chip, sorry to all those not in the Mid-Atlantic

lol Herr's no better than Lay's

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't stop believing, WickedHate. And don't stop drinking until you get a probe, Rhyno.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jay of Jay and Miles also posted it with the same "that's gotta be intentional" comment.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncharted 4 is way better than Far Cry 4.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't watch YouTubes over a minute unless there a McElroy in it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tattoos are cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hm. She was always a bit off, but at least in her most recent stint here, she seemed like she was trying to be a better poster. I don't read any of the other forums she posted in, though, so maybe she was still being creepy and weird even by ADTRW standards.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The *copyrights* transfer, but not the *licenses*. If no one holds the comic publishing licensing rights at the moment, then yes, Marvel could reprint those, just like they are currently reprinting Dark Horse Star Wars comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have like 72 hours to finish FF XV. Will I do it or will I just fish and do hunts and other non-story stuff? Yeah, probably that latter one.

• Locked thread