Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

GUYS. Stan Lee is going to be at Awesomecon this year and I'm going to meet Stan Lee.

I was pretty worried the main headliner would be Felicia Day. Maybe I can get Stan lee to sign his comic book biography for like 300 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

I don't hate her. But is she really that noteworthy that she could be the main draw at a show?

To be fair, she has acted in both her own internet shows and real TV, and she runs a production company that makes a ton of content aimed at geeks.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Taking away Guy's Yellow Ring was the worst thing DC ever did.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

The book had a very rough start and honestly didn't get good until the arc when he lost the yellow ring. I will agree, Guy works best with a ring and not silly alien powers.

I just have the Guy Gardner reborn trades and I loved them. I was all like NOTHING CAN STOP GUY GARDNER NOW by the end. Hopes dashed.

In one of my son's (glorious) direct-to-video Lego Batman movies they used Guy but they promptly replaced him with a generic character named Hal somethingorother for the next ones.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

purple death ray posted:

Any kind of Pepsi is disgusting garbage, hth

purple death ray posted:

I drink coke. Cherry coke

This.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

ImpAtom posted:

I don't drink soda anymore because it's really unhealthy for you. :smith:

This is perfectly smart but I can't do it. I like soda.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

What music do you think Batman listens to to get pumped up?

The Lego Batman movie answers this question very well.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Cheerwine is v. Good and probably the only good thing coming out of NC right now.

I can finally get it in Northern VA easily now, despite it being bottled in state forever. I love it.

We have an Oklahoma Joe's near us now and they have it on tap. I will die there.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Stop making fun of old people. It hurts.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

Reminds me one of the LCBS nearby recently closed down so a lot of their customers are now going to my shop and buying up everything before I remember to request the titles be put in my hold box. Already missed out on Kamandi Challenge. I guess digital is the answer to avoid other comic shoppers.

Avoiding other people is the way to go.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I haven't read a "new" comic in about three years, but I recently discovered that the 70s Marvel "Monster of Frankenstein" comic was way, way better than it had any right to be.

I love Tomb of Dracula. Or Werewolf by Night. Both great.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

END ME SCOOB posted:

A) we're talking about March, duh
B) two friends who backed it have told me it's shite

Your friends are incorrect. It's fun stuff.

I haven't seen any bugs. Just getting started. I punched a teacher and he sent me to the principal. Principal Abobo. I'm sold.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

END ME SCOOB posted:

One of them is right here and I buy his logic more than "but it's fun". That poo poo sounds miserable (and Streets of Rage was a better brawler anyway :v )

I'm sorry if "I'm having fun" isn't a good enough reason to like a game?

But yeah, if it's not his cup of tea, it just isn't. Maybe I'll change my mind later, but I'm having fun with it. Grinding out cash to raise stats was always part of RCR though, and I understand maybe it's not for everyone. However, you can certainly easily avoid fights, including with the cops and get pretty much anywhere by running around, just like in the original.

Streets of Rage 2 better be what you are talking about. I have some nostalgia for the first game but it's pretty vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

END ME SCOOB posted:

2+, but yeah. And I wasn't going "you're wrong you aren't enjoying it", just "I feel I would find everything he's mentioning here just as bad, and will avoid this title due to it".

Realtalk though if that SoR3 vinyl becomes more than rumor, though, that's a day one buy for me. Love that soundtrack.

That's probably smart, then. It's a very nostalgia driven game and is very, very different that SoR.

What's the real crime is that the Scott Pilgrim game isn't on PC. Because that was pretty great.

• Locked thread