Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Re: last thread:

quote:

...seriously? There's a stickied thread right now saying racism isn't acceptable to post.

Sort of? It sounds like site heard the D&D explanation instead of the not crazy people one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

His post is calling out people for posting a bunch of random rear end panels for no reason.

I feel like that still shouldn't justify lolis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

He doesn't live too far from me, and there's groups organizing to have regular protests at his office, so it might actually happen!

Speaking of not-Nazi tattoos, I want a Mjolnir tattoo, but of course neo-Nazis appropriated that. Fuckers. Doesn't help that I also shave my head.

Get it but with the 'She be worthy' inscription.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He said that things Duke thinks are right are wrong, not necessarily the opposite. Point Cap.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

I don't understand why Funko is such a popular thing. I mean I do, because nerds love their toys, but I still don't get the appeal of these toys in particular. They just look like dumb little blobs of plastic to me.

They cost $10 and they have everything, so someone will see something like... Blanche from the Golden Girls and say "Hey, I liked the Golden Girls and I have $10"

There are people who collect them seriously though, and even mint in box collectors. They used to have a Reddit thread cataloging which online retailers shipped with the best packaging to avoid box dents.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

The easiest summary is they shotgun out licenses, they cost somewhere between $5-10 depending on where you look for them, and they aren't large enough to make you go "well that's just impractical", so a lot of folks go "Okay I'll buy a little desk caddy from (thing I like that never had any merch)".

I'm kinda predicting this is the year they crash out as a lot of my local comic shops have been cutting stock on those all of a sudden for ??? reason.

Yeah, one comic book store here that would carry 100 kinds or so scaled way down to maybe 20.

But meanwhile EBGames (Gamestop) is devoting entire thirds of their stores to them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They call this a chip? There's hardly any fat and only a little bit of blood!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't buy avatars but I might for someone saying Uncharted 4 is bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't watch Youtube videos of weird looking white men unless it has the word "FAILS" in the title.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

:yeah:

Except also the ten hour long versions of music from water levels in video games that are nice to put on while you sleep

I'm going to make one of those where after 17 minutes it starts the Sonic drowning music.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Always ban nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also I'm pretty sure half of what she posted were lies.

• Locked thread