Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Can't wait to see what I get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I mean the problem, logical or not, is at least before people felt some sense of power over their place in the order. If you showed up and hit the button at 12PM you knew you'd done everything you could. Obviously that's inaccurate and it was practically just as random as this system but replacing that with a direct RNG makes people feel like its arbitrary. Which it is but it was before anyway so. People feel "cheated".

I'm annoyed that I just had literally 0 chance of ever getting a hotel within the state by my RNG roll but I've never gotten an early spot in any method so

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah thats basically it

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Where do I submit events?

https://www.gencon.com/event_submissions

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'll def be running some goon catastrophy late night during the con so look forward to that

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Carteret posted:

As long as I get to be the truck again.

If I run a dungeon world game I promise I'll make a whole character playbook of THE TRUCK

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

An Actual Murderer posted:

[What do you have in your Gen-Con bag?]

A ventriloquist's dummy. Because I want to see how far people draw back when I use it for both role playing and interacting with people around the table for 4 hours. And also, because screw practical, this con's about having fun.
On one hand, purple monkey cheese; on the other, possible serial killer.

If this ever happened at a table I'd just straight walk away, no words, no comment, just out. I don't have time to get murdered by The Puppet Master when I'm trying to play pretend here

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Basically all I do at GenCon is play in RPGs (something like 30~ hours of them last year), and mostly they're awesome and I have a good time, but big yikes to the game last year that involved two people just constantly telling my wife exactly what she can and can not do in the game, at one point stopping the game in its tracks to delineate what "roll to shoot" means in gruesome detail. Or the Numenara game that the GM flew off the handle for when we wouldn't be corralled into a room and canceled the game right there.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

What is "Gen Con Presents"? Every event I submitted has been changed to add this to them and the same thing happened last year but nothing comes up when I search.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

yes thank you for your valuable input friend

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

As if there's a larger group to be backed by at Gen Con than the illustrious #KarKrew2017

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Speaking of, events are live! Mine is here if anyone wants to get on it, but be aware I'll be running a goon fuckup game later in the evening
https://www.gencon.com/events/106204

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I signed up to a couple delta green games this year, I did last year too but I didnt get in any of them :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hey thats my event, gently caress yeah

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, not sure on when but I'll run a goon only event at some point

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Lawen posted:

Which one? Those all look like Board Games or Talks, I must be missing it. I think I remember you saying a few pages ago you were running a Delta Green (?) game but can't find the post. You were a fun GM when I played in your goon DW game a couple years ago and I'd definitely try for a spot in your game (as long as "Never Played Before" is OK).

If you run a non-official/goon DW game again I'd try to show up for that too and maybe bring a non-goon friend or two that I've been wanting to introduce to DW. Guessing that'll get organized on GroupMe later?

Its the IBM Infernal Bone Machine game. And yeah we'll do extra games through GroupMe, non-goons are totally welcome, but it'll probably be a trainwreck depending on how many people show up

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have never done the Wish List before and obviously the Gen-Con forums are not working since they run on the same server as the Wish List...uh...what happens now that it submitted it? Do hours pass and then I wake up and it is 1984?

Yeah basically

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm highly envious of those of you who have someone in your team willing to sell their immortal souls for good hotel rooms

my gencon squad this year all asked me to submit their events for them :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah hotel bathrooms are the place to be

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I love you all but please don't use Soylent in place of actual food. Half of the fun of GenCon is going to all the cool places around for food and I don't want my fiasco buddies getting heavy metal poisoning from their nutrient sludge.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Haveli's best thing is their buffet, go during their lunch buffet and theres no losing move

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I think its when they drink beer on thursday

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Nobody tell them

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

You got that right

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

EDIT: New Page! How about them board games youz guyz? I'm playing Seafall and can't decide if I love it or hate it.

Big same on this. I've had it since GenCon and still only halfway through the campaign and I spend a lot of time just kinda frustrated at every thing

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The immense jump in ticket prices was like $5-10 right?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I cosplay one or two days of the con and its a lot of fun

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i know that bathroom anywhere

thats the gross one dont go in there

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

There's tons of nice bathrooms if you're not a scrub and know where to find them (its the hotels go to the hotels) but that particular one is in the vendor hall right next to the entrance and its easily the most trafficked one of the con and ends up a hellpit somewhere around 1PM on thursday

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Also snitches get stitches so theres that

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

If we're posting videos, here's my recap from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU003_nwA_o

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

lmao just lmao if you waste your nacho time at HV and not at old point

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm pretty excited for Gencon ya'll

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Ilor posted:

I vastly prefer the stealthy OOC solution: call for a Perception roll (or equivalent). Chuckle evilly at the results (whatever they are) and pull the problem player aside to "impart secret information." Once out of earshot of the other players, say, "OK, your character notices X important fact/clue/whatever. Also, dude, quit bein' a dick. Other people are trying to have fun here too, so please be respectful of that."

Most people will tone it down if explicitly called out. But if you have a determined cockbag, don't hesitate to jettison him or her. Your time is valuable too.

This is really good

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

If you aren't making time to eat cool food during the con i'm sorry but you're having BadWrongFun

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

Anyone have any experience with adopting a puppy and hiring someone else to pet it at Gen-Con?

I am available for this

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i use OSP for my board games at GenCon just like my hero, Solid Snake

also you lot bring piles of stuff so

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

At this point I think everything is basically sold out, going to have to figure out my parking when I get there

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The Eclipse Phase people are like my 'i have arrived' moment usually. Looking at that booth of cyberpunk hypergoth technopunks wedged between the Disney codenames booth and the euro board games is a pleasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

THERE'S A CODENAMES DISNEY??!?!

And Marvel! I'm on the road or I'd put up a picture, it's Codenames Pictures or whatever with comic art or film screenshots basically

• Locked thread