Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
He bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

When you have a player with a great hockey name like Pierre-Edouard Bellemare you have to lock that poo poo up asap.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Bellemare and Roussel single-handedly routed Russia at Worlds, didn't they? gently caress, we'll take him.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

When you have a player with a great hockey name like Pierre-Edouard Bellemare you have to lock that poo poo up asap.

A name like that basically guarantees you can schlep him to Montreal as a trade sweetener someday.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Yeah he bad. He can kill penalties and that's it.

He's part of a bad line that his bad coach loves. I fully expect his bad linemate Chris VandeVelde to get an even dumber extension.

edit: https://twitter.com/NHLnumbers/status/836994176759758848

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

A name like that basically guarantees you can schlep him to Montreal as a trade sweetener someday.

He's Francois, not Quebecois.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

He's Francois, not Quebecois.

Claude Julien's from Ontario.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/836991447576494084

The Dirty Burger posted:

Burrows-turris-hoffman
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Stalberg-kelly-wingels

hmmm

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Multiple years for Neuvirth too. This is stupid.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/836998248258813952

2 years $2.5 million per

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sedative posted:

2 years $2.5 million per

what the gently caress

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

sedative posted:

2 years $2.5 million per

Seems like a locker room headache after he cheated on his wife with Gudas' sister

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Dirty Burger posted:

Seems like a locker room headache after he cheated on his wife with Gudas' sister

:allbuttons:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Dirty Burger posted:

It's worse than that. He got Gudas' sister pregnant.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

The Dirty Burger posted:

Neuvirth and his wife divorced (in less than a year after he cheated on her with tennis player Kristyna Pliskova).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

grack posted:

It's worse than that. He got Gudas' sister pregnant.

I don't think there's a :jebstare: big enough.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
fire hextall

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I wonder how PK's homecoming is going to go tonight. I hope the fans cheer him every time he touches the puck and he scores a million goals. And then the jumbotron zooms in on a sullen and remorseful Bergevin while 'Hello Darkness My Old Friend' starts playing.

Edit: and then when he's leaving the Bell Centre PK stops to give his coat to a homeless man that turns out to be Therrien.

VVVVVV poo poo, I thought today was Thursday.

deoju fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 1, 2017

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

deoju posted:

I wonder how PK's homecoming is going to go tonight. I hope the fans cheer him every time he touches the puck and he scores a million goals. And then the jumbotron zooms in on a sullen and remorseful Bergevin while 'Hello Darkness My Old Friend' starts playing.

(that's tomorrow)

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

iospace posted:

I don't think there's a :jebstare: big enough.

The new uncle daddy

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I for one can't wait to see the new #1 line of Ott-Shaw-King at the Bell Centre.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

ThinkTank posted:

The new uncle daddy

Where's Big Wool when you need him

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I for one can't wait to see the new #1 line of Ott-Shaw-King at the Bell Centre.

Wow, that sure sounds tough to play against!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Here is my favorite Michal Neuvirth story:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...ompetition-yet/

quote:

You mentioned that Holtby is the weakest competition, but he was awesome in playoffs, don’t you think?

"He sure is a great goalie. But I can’t compare him to Voky or Varlamov, that’s what I meant. In comparison to those two, he played nothing in the NHL and that’s why I take him as the weakest of them three. I’m definitely not saying that he is bad, not at all. I actually like the way he plays. But he is the worst of them three, that’s all.

I’m not afraid because of how he did in the playoffs. I think that a year ago I played in the playoffs the same as he did now. They always say that the second season is the turning point, I’m curious how he will do…"

Holtby pretty much single-handedly beat the Bruins in 2012 (they were arguably a better team that year than when they won the Cup), and Neuvirth poo poo his pants in 2011 against the Lightning. Also Holtby is like a top 3 goaltender in the league and Neuvirth is rocking an .887.

Also I had no idea he cheated on his wife. gently caress that guy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I want a PK hat trick against the Habs.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

sedative posted:

2 years $2.5 million per

Neither of the extensions bother me that much. That might be a bit much for Pebbles, but at least we can dangle Neuvy in front of Vegas and protect Stolarz.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N: Dalton Prout traded to New Jersey for Kyle Quincey.

V: I know the deadline thread is (points) that way, but :lol: Devils, you traded for Dalton Prout.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CBJSprague24 posted:

Dalton Prout loving sucks.

You aren't very familiar with Quincey are you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

You aren't very familiar with Quincey are you.

I am. But he can't be an occasional cheap shot artist who fancies passing the puck to the other colored jersey on the ice.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

N: Dalton Prout traded to New Jersey for Kyle Quincey.

V: I know the deadline thread is (points) that way, but :lol: Devils, you traded for Dalton Prout.

both of these guys are not good. prout is better at suppressing shots and better defensively in general, but he does it in protected, small minutes. quincey does it while being sent out there as a normal-ish second pairing dude. prout probably does a little worse against better competition, quincey probably fits a little better into the BJs system than prout's low event shifts do. this is actually a Fair Trade

CBJSprague24 posted:

I am. But he can't be an occasional cheap shot artist who fancies passing the puck to the other colored jersey on the ice.

you poor sheltered fool

e: maybe not so much the cheap shot artist part

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 1, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

At least you didn't think he was still in Detroit like I did

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
No because I didn't kill myself

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

sedative posted:

2 years $2.5 million per

Wait so are the Flyers aiming to shop Mason around then, I haven't been keeping up with everything as I'm in the middle of job interviews.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Good soup! posted:

Wait so are the Flyers aiming to shop Mason around then, I haven't been keeping up with everything as I'm in the middle of job interviews.

The only goalie with NHL experience they had signed for next year was Anthony Stolarz.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Infidel Castro posted:

The only goalie with NHL experience they had signed for next year was Anthony Stolarz.

Yeah but Bishop, Elliott, Greiss and Miller(lol) are all UFA this summer. I'd take any of them over Neuvirth.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/837040842246258688

Heck ya

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Vancouver picked up Joseph Cramarossa off of waivers from Anaheim. Probably just a warm body with Hansen and Burrows gone :effort:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

Neither of the extensions bother me that much. That might be a bit much for Pebbles, but at least we can dangle Neuvy in front of Vegas and protect Stolarz.

This. They need a goalie signed to make available, they def don't want to lose Stolarz, and lost in the mix is its unknown what Mason is asking price wise for a new contract.

Goalies seem to be decently available so They probably can shop availability of other goalies after the draft if need be too.

Bellemare is meh. Not too big on that, and I would think you can get someone better for that rate.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yeah but Bishop, Elliott, Greiss and Miller(lol) are all UFA this summer. I'd take any of them over Neuvirth.

?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Didn't see this posted here.

http://www.tsn.ca/beloved-prodigal-sons-jay-onrait-and-dan-o-toole-return-home-to-tsn-1.684468

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Too bad about Fast. When I saw that hit I was thinking, "man Ovie - clean hit but are you trying to break his shoulder?". Seemed like an unnecessarily violent collision and Fast turned away from it awkwardly.

• Locked thread