Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

But man can Shea Weber sock some dingers.

Also he is going to receive a non-zero number of first place Norris Trophy votes.
I kind of doubt it at this point. Or he'll get 1 rogue one or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Not a bad return but am I crazy to think he could easily get a 1st at the deadline?
Yes

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Hockeys players around the world are waging war against the oppressive referee system.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Godinster posted:

I would be so loving mad if we lose Methot but I don't see a scenario where that doesn't happen
I mean I realize they still really like Cody Ceci for some asinine reason but if they were a sensible team it still wouldn't be an issue.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

And that Cody Ceci was apparently too big a price to pay for Jonathan Drouin.
It's cool that they have a really established pattern of liking iffy prospects, sticking through them through several disappointing seasons despite getting good offers and then watching their value drop to 0 and below. Cowen was once worth quite a bit even after disappointing expectations pretty majorly, until such point that everyone figured out he was awful and he became a salary dump who no longer plays hockey. Lazar is the exact same deal and I think they're going to keep him.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Levitate posted:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
I don't even really doubt that, but it's such a non-sense way to evaluate that kind of move. None of them have met Dahlen, players aren't going to be too upset that they traded a guy who might not be on the roster soon is gone in favour of a playoff push and the players are just going off what they heard of Burrows and saw from whenever. Like we don't have any former Canucks on the team as far as I can tell, which means at most you got guys like Methot and Ryan who played against him a few times (but not in the same division) many years ago, or Phaneuf who hasn't been in the West since 2009.

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/836344734306164737

finger-biting, ethnic-slurring, child abuse mocking alex burrows is gonna bring a lot of class to ottawa

e: sorry he was hating on someone for being inuit, not gay, i'm confusing my nhl assholes
We've also added like 20 million "character" guys throughout the year and apparently we still really need another one. Half our loving team is supposed to be character guys at this point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Although I'm not banking on it, what are the odds both Columbus and Minnesota get bounced in the first round?
I'd say both are 50/50 so 25%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

i didn't know which thread this would be funnier in

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/836670080775680000
It's embarrassing to be a part of.

• Locked thread