Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Jacob Trouba has been pretty involved in community out reach since he re-signed, being in the ballet and now being the You Can Play ambassador. Probably just rehabilitating his image but I can hope that he actually likes Winnipeg and will re-sign for 8 years because he is proving that he can be a number 1 d man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

FBS posted:

Maurice is starting Ondrej "0.895" Pavelec again tonight. It's like he knows he can get away with it

Maurice has really been praising him, and now the Winnipeg media is jumping on the band wagon. I want to believe they're just pumping him up for a trade, but I think Maurice is just bad.

e: Also Tyler Myers just had surgery again, meaning he will have played a grand total of 11 games this year. Hopefully the Jets don't have to protect him in the expansion draft.

Duck Rodgers fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 7, 2017

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Pavelec has allowed 3 goals in every game he's started this year. And yet Maurice starts him over Helly because he makes 'timely saves'.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
The Jets aren't crying about it. They're being asked because Trouba just got suspended for a hit that was very similar to the Malkin hit.

And yes, Buff should have got something for that hit.

e: Wheeler has TSN on speed dial because he just can't get enough of talking to the press

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Actually, looking at the tweet again its worded really poorly (ESPN). If you watch the video, Wheeler is asked to compare the two hits and starts by saying that they got the Trouba suspension right.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/wheeler-shares-candid-comments-about-malkin-s-hit~1061993

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Do you realize that Enstrom and Myers are hurt, and Trouba is suspended? Julian Melchiori will be playing

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Look Around You posted:

This reminded me that maatta got his hand messed up on a late hit in that same game and is out 4-6 weeks. Leaving us with 2 ahlers playing now from one game :/

Yeah the Jets have been a wrecking ball lately.

Its probably best that Marner is out today. Condolences to Leafs fans for Matthews.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Put the Canucks in quarantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

As Nasty as the hit is (and it is pretty disgusting, though fairly "legal"), I'm pretty concerned with whatever the hell Chychrun thought he was going for there with that neck-snap headlock bullshit.
Just a series of nasty things.

I think Chychrun immediately realized that he sent Burmi a suicide pass and felt like he needed to make up for it.

• Locked thread