Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
SA isn't important enough for well-organized trolling attempts.

The last attempted forum invasion ended with the invaders doxxing a dog and then shutting down their own forum out of fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MarksMan posted:

No I wasn't meaning that it's coming from SA or anything, or directed at SA. The above examples are just things I see happening on various comment pages on Facebook mainly, but also on news sites, etc. I just thought to ask/mention it here because...well I don't know why exactly it just seemed like the right place? But rather just asking if anyone has considered, or seen evidence of, a group of people out there (maybe on The Donald subreddit or 4chan) who are basically just having their people go out and take criticisms from the left to the right, and throwing it back from right to left. If that makes any sense?

There are absolutely organized right-wing trolling/inciting groups posting on other large forums and comments sections, either from Reddit/4chan or actually paid by the Kremlin (the pay is terrible). They just aren't happening here.

The online counter-culture has shifted over the past several years. Before, the rising star of the Internet was nerds. Now it's Nazis.

• Locked thread