Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Shageletic posted:

I think it's awfu, for a variety of reasons, namely that any increase of gun ownership leads to a greater likelihood of violence from those same guns (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/), and that I as NYC resident do not want to live in a city that accepts willy nilly the carrying of guns without the regulations and training that I think is necessary, and woefully missing in many localities issuing permits across the US.

I like living in a city that tries to dissuade people from packing handguns as much as possible, and I live in this city because of those and other progressive values, this bill is an affront and an attempt to take away the choice to live in and reside in a polity that reflects my (and most of this city's) values.

Also lol at the federal govt doing ANYTHING regarding guns than encourage their profligaration and greater loosening of regulations, training, and common sense.

I think guns are good because they can help in a revolutionary struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU