Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
:siren: If you want more minute-to-minute help with vaccine booking and tips, come to the NYC Thread Discord's vax-chat channel https://discord.gg/8npxHaGR :siren:

It's opening to 30+ tomorrow 3/30, and 16+ next Tuesday, 4/6

We're very friendly and nice there! Check the pinned messages at the top for resources!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
wow that's pretty early for Cuomo's 4th-run slogan

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I think it’s a pretty good (and fatalistic) analysis. Yang is a dilettante moron and will get steamrolled by most everyone, but he’ll have enough control of the administrative state to stymie reform that we’ve run out of time to implement.

but also lmao look who the president is so “steamrolled by people to his left but it’s not enough” is probably the best we’ll get AND an improvement

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Wiley's pretty okay and I think she's just bumped up to #1 for me after this. A few dumb little errors early on (parking placards, stuff like that) but I can't remember anything substantially bad.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Shaun Donovan's campaign being propped up by his rich dad puts such a huge dweeb loser stink on him that I can't bring myself to rank him.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

how long do RCV elections take to settle. curious when we'll get results.

People have been saying second week of July; Polo-Rican was saying they finally fixed all the problems with taking forever to scan ballots, but they've got to wait a while for all the absentee ballots.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
they also endorsed Biden and acted shocked when he said he was going to appoint Cedric Richmond like two days after the election

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Am I just stupid (don't answer that), because I feel like none of the analysis are taking the whole RCV system seriously. It's not like any projections are giving a full majority to any one candidate, right? So even if Yang got the least, it's time to see who his supporters put as second choice, etc?

Nah, I feel similarly. Maybe this is a "I don't know anybody who voted for Richard Nixon" thing on my part, but I can't see tons of people putting Adams in lower ranks. He has less of a jump to 50+1, but it's still based on people who may not have ranked him at all.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Wow. Didn't think I'd see the day cspam is gleefully making GBS threads on a 63 year old man with difficulty keeping a pet due to an eviction stemming from his sudden unemployment. smdh.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

nomad2020 posted:

Just pooped in

talk about threadshitting!!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I hope it clears the way for Jumaane

and not, you know, de Blasio

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I hate it too, and we're almost definitely going to see him run for revenge again with support from the state party. Not enough of his people have been chased out, and Jay Jacobs was making excuses for him even in his response to the resignation.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Jesus, a Secondhand Kuby?!?!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Lasalle’s entire defense at his hearing today was “I personally support XYZ but I don’t have the gumption to consistently rule in support of them,” which is just a money look for our state’s most powerful jurist.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
https://hellgatenyc.com/will-governor-hochul-go-to-war-with-her-own-party-to-save-her-judicial-nominee

This has a few really good specific moments of times Lasalle overexaggerated or underplayed things to make himself look better during the hearing.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

ughhhh posted:

Anyone have any info on the dc37 contract agreement? I'm working for the parks and every thing seems cool, but 3% pay raise seems less than what most other people get?

This is coming from my wive, who is DC37 at the Brooklyn Museum, but offhand she remembers that it's
-a 3% compounded per year raise, dating back to the contract expiration in 2021 and going up to 2025
-a $3,000 bonus when the contract is ratified
-a childcare fund, something like 3 mil from the city, to help with childcare costs (this is probably a pittance, but we've got our only planned kid due in September so it's a timely pittance)
-a committee to begin to think about a pilot program to consider the possibility of maybe later this year talking about, quietly, remote work

I'm certain there's other stuff, but that's off the top of her head

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
yeah, Wilson seems okay, but Halligan is a complete unknown for judge-type things, and leaped at representing Chevron against indigenous people while at a big law shitpile.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I hate it too, but I think that’s about as far out as the prosecutor will stick their neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
https://archive.is/3q5r0

Pretty good article about how Adams is actively drowning the UPK program.