Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hey are there any good wrap up pieces about last weeks primary or podcasts.

I hate how theres wall to wall coverage for months, and then nothing about why and how people actually voted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

any update on this? I got my absentee ballot today and she's still listed under WFP. wanna know if I should mark her or the greens.

cuomo accepted wfp's endorsement.

up to you if you want that to be the deciding factor. Personally I'm voting wfp to get them the minimum to run a candidate next cycle.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wasn't he told to quit a job on the board of a hospital to be the MTA adminstrator and he just went nah.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Voted alot of Green this year. Not feeling the WFP too much, tho I threw them a couple of bones, like voting Gillibrand on their line.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Howd the propositions go

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Joe Lhota resigned as MTA Chairman this morning.

Yay!

Let's see what that perfidious Cuomo does now

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Please vote for Nomiki Konst for Public Advocate yall, she's the only one not riding the land lord lobby's D this cycle.

e: here's her actblue donation page: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/friends-of-nomiki-konst-1

e:
As a person who has spent a year trying to read the Powerbroker, I feel like I've got the credentials to say no not quite. Its targeting vehicles to get funds to support public transportation, supposedly, the exact oppposite of Moses' whole deal.

But yeah he definitely teaches us that we should pay attn to the wording of these laws, and that more money for authorities is just a way to divert the popular will of the city and prevent taxes on the rich, so I'm mildly alarmed by this situation.

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Jan 31, 2019

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

i wouldn't worry too much because Jumaane's got a lot of name recognition and has been showing up to everything related to this race. i'm gonna vote for him. if i were you, i'd still vote for him anyway because most of the job of public advocate is just showing up, and Jumaane's done a lot of that over the years. Espinal is a big defender of NYC nightlife and or Ron Kim was one of the first people to speak out against the Amazon deal, but by comparison they've been pretty quiet over the years

someone mentioned Konst here, and she's good on the issues, but she hasn't really been showing up to stuff since DSA declined to endorse anybody. she didn't appear at the brooklyn county committee meeting the other week. one of my Queens DSA pals thinks she's trying to take too much credit for the rejection of the Amazon deal

Public Advocate is supposed to be a gadfly, a person willing to take all interests. And the biggest interest in NYC is the real estate lobby. Konst is the only viable candidate that's never taken any money from them. It also helps she's never been a politician in a race rife with them for a job that is supposed to be official annoying journalist of the city.

I'm not alone in thinking so:
https://www.thevillager.com/2019/02/wanted-candidates-wholl-fight-big-real-estate/

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Who are these ppl btw? The only people I've ever seen having a loft are on the wealthier/whiter side of things.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh, okay, thanks. I admit I don't know much about it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Cabán’s people just knocked on my door for (afaik) the first time

June 25th is that primary btw

As one of those door knockers Im seeing more and more people being excited about voting for her.

Most people dont even know that theres an election coming lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

i don't know what media euphemism i hate more: "controversial" or calling something "charged"

also, the DN didn't endorse Katz, they endorsed Lasak (who is even worse). idk why they'd print that on behalf of someone they didn't endorse

lol that's Lasak? He was hilariously terrible in the debate, still yelling about monsters and protecting er' cops in 2019.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol what the hell

take my power caban

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ali_Najmi/status/1146772026167898113

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nycpoliticianperpwalk.jpg

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I don't get it. I know Cuomo is evil and all, but whenever I think about him turning down billions in fed money because he wanted to preserve Medicaid cuts (the billions hinged on him not cutting it) that my brain starts frying and zapping like a robot who's violated their prime directive.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

how bad is Donovan Richards? He's pretty conservative/corporatist right? He's leading the Boro pres race.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The tech companies sure do a good job of throwing millions at anyone morally bankrupt to gently caress over their own ppl like that NAACP lady in Cali.

They're gonna try to do the same thing here, try to pass something similar to Prop 22 to make sure everyone is poor while some scumfuck "organizer" crows about it helping black folks, gently caress

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Operation gently caress the Homeless has the expected casualties involved

https://twitter.com/J__Velasquez/status/1359890986424500226

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

betaraywil posted:

But it's a healthy and civically beautiful thing when we all lose our poo poo over De Blasio breaking out a steak knife at the pizzeria, because it allows us to come together to emphasize and reinforce our shared values, like how high you have to pile the toppings before you break out the knife.

*my face turns red and i start spitting*

break out the knife when you throw my cold decomposing body on top of it, chicago pizza poo poo will never have a foothold goddamit

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ha and I just tweeted to support Wiley

That shows me

I shouldnt use twitter at all

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wiley still seems the best bet unless as it seems inevitable a previous murder pops up.

But yeah this instability is making ppl confused. Even my well meaning lib and leftie friends on FB dont know who to vote for.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I go to the voting booth, and reluctantly start to fill in the dot next to Wiley's name, only to see the tape next to it uncurl, revealing Coyote as a giant bird cage falls on top of me

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alright gonna go vote. Im voting wylie garcia donovan and tiffany caban for city council. Anybody else i should vote for?

E: actually maybe wylie morales donovan

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feels like prince started out late. didn't really get alot of attn.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

To be fair Adams onoy had the plurailty in majority black areas like 44 percent to Wylie's 22 percent or so.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Weird to say that anyone who says they're leftist is tainted b/c they're sponsored by an ineffectual environmental organization.

At least wait to have them not vote for a decent min wage or something.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fair enough I feel that way somteimes. Being into politics isnt super fun

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I always thought he was a joke but no joke I was getting a little worried when he was talking about cutting taxes for property owners and raising funding for the police. Combining the pro police and FYGM lobbies is a potent combination.

But Adams solidly got that bloc instead.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Judakel posted:

whats the argument for the anti-tenant laws are good and you're racist if you say otherwise?

Adams owns numerous homes, and he's black

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yang's supposed to be an insurgent candidate and did everything to squelch any enthusiasm from young ppl. He was too unconnected to gte picked up by the elite money here.

The market here is just too tight. Its bizaare that he thought running for mayor of NYC, the most dogshit position in local politics, was a good idea.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hey here's an idea im gonna go for the job where all your real powers have been siphoned by the governor and you're just there to be hung from the rafters and shot at by a couple dozen different interest groups and sanitation dudes named Joe

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

In Training posted:

so what can we expect from a hochul gubernatorial reign.

Nothing. She's a proud conservative Dem who has absolutely no ideas or platform.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

youre dick posted:

Nope, that's Rochester. She's Buffalo, so, maybe wings? Real locals know Beef on Weck is the real Buffalo dish

the other main change i see is probably less fondling of the help. good riddance to a garbage gov

Im from Buffalo and I've never had a Beef on Weck.

Now Jims steakout, we're getting somewhere.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Buffalo is the most segregated city in America outside of Milwaukee there's no commonality there other than gut busting servings of cheese and meat, usually on some sort of bread but sometimes in a sluice slop poured into trenches in a Tops parking lot

I loving miss the food

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cuomo's runnin

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If you guys aren't doing anything 5heres a fun hardcore punk lineup at Goldsounds, including Urban Waste. My buddy is playing drums for 2 of the bands.

Hardcore shows have the most interesting audience.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its pretty insane my buddy is playing on the same line up. Used to see them at Kingsland. Talked to the singer once at the bar, nicest dude in the world.

E: lol thought this was the nyc lan. Ill prob repost the plug there.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just the funniest corruption goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol.

On Dec. 8, Hochul attended a fundraiser arranged by the Manhattan law firm Feuerstein Kulick, a major player in the expanding field of cannabis law. The firm advises companies on winning licenses from state governments across the country. New York has yet to select the companies that will win potentially lucrative licenses to sell recreational marijuana.

An email obtained by the Times Union indicates that one week before the fundraiser, Feuerstein Kulick attorney Nancy Baynard encouraged cannabis clients to donate heavily, stating that the firm was in touch with the “director of finance for Hochul’s administration/campaign.”

weed distribution is gonna be such a racket holy hell