Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the mayor of the city of new york is colloquially referred to as the 2nd most powerful man in america for a long time whether or not its true
i've heard it my whole life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

I always wind up defending De Blasio when I'm around conservatives and bitterly denouncing him when I'm with liberals.

im mad at him for loving up my job and moving it under harsh new supervision but if i look passed that hes better than the last 2 decades of republican mayors i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wish chuck would retire soon. ho hum.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a long island sound tunnel would probably be agood thing in like 2165 or whenever they finally fix the poo poo thats already built and broken

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my city school has three DoE cops. i think they have guns but i never see them leave their breakroom so im not sure

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acab

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

if he's super for charter schools and deblasio was going to put him there then he deserves any poo poo he gets.

this guy got it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the city should have lower rents so that bill could pay people to live in it but one problem at a time i guess sorry sad suburb dude, maybe act christian for a minute.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bdb should fire cops from out of town siphoning our taxes away and hire homeless to be new better cops and live at the stationhouse until enough rich people are arrested for them to have mansions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

laws suck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lawman 0 posted:

They matter and are literally the only standing between you and full fascism now

fascists use the law to rise to power.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my Italian mom is like a big mario cuomo groupie if that is possible and she cant talk about andrew without hissing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hes campaign manager

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he should call nixon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

get that OUT of my face posted:

another crook in Albany got arrested. not for political corruption, but for being a hosed-up cult leader who branded women

yeah its like the 3rd nys cult bust in as many years. shits wacky noth o whiteplains guys.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there was that christian group where the top couple were like beating everyone in their flock and making them live in an old public school building they bought from last year and the year before that i thought there was one upstate but my google not finding

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

building workers union is maybe gonna strike friday midnight if they dont get a new contract

rich people gonna have to haul their own trash outside cause garbagemen probably wont cross a picket line and other poo poo they could simply avoid if they paid them fairly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grondoth posted:

Would it be statewide?

afaik its local 32b-32j that has its contract running out friday but idk who that encompasses cause its come to me through the grapevine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the blue team on gordon ramseys show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its like culture issues>economic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

building workers update: demands were met. new contract. no strike

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is there a website to add party affiliation to your voter registration or do you need to mail a form in?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i change and its too late it will kick in for next time tho right? they wont just toss the form in the trash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aurubin posted:

I went to school at Stony Brook. I recall one of my physics professors telling an anecdote about how the bridges were purposefully built too low to have buses come out to the eastern parts of the island, to keep "certain people" in the city. My lasting impression of Long Island was that it was a highway with a strip mall on either side.

yeah robert moses made busses incapable of traveling on the parkway system cause blacks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dumb teacher rant, apologies in advance:

in nys, teachers hired after a certain date need professional development hours to keep their license.

recently the state changed the req's for professional development. the previous system was coming to the point where it might actually impact people and they replaced it and wiped the slate clean. this meant that years of attending pd meetings and all the associated record keeping on the part of teachers was tossed out the window.

they replace it with a system where the meetings and workshops i go to provided by my public school dont count as pd. only meetings hosted by an accredited organization with a special code from the state count as pd and many of these cost money and time outside the workday

nobody i know at work is doing much to complete their reqs. we all expect this system to again be changed when the 5 year hours deadline is getting close. its just a really annoying and whoever came up with it should go to prison

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im 8 years in (tier 4, theyre on 6 now cause gently caress newbs i guess)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thats my take, ive seen some ads for free ones but i dont think its possible to get all the hours needed without payingbut its all a joke cause our union guy said the enforcement system was random audit

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Apr 28, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloomberg made a hundo million probably year before he got elected and he didnt even have to do work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it would be cool if the people we needed most to defend us from wall st, trump, etc didnt turn out to be huge pieces of poo poo constantly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why couldn't cuomo have been caught up in a sexual harassment or whoremongering scandal?

his power trip is greed not carnal pleasure

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i, andrew cuomo, am also gay...for my wife. what? why are you booing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yep probably time to sink western brooklyn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blasio is talking big game about ending the specialized highschool admissions test (its deffo big time biased against black and latino kids that lack the means to prep for it) but in the most politically assbackwards way possible. his plan is to essentially shut out private school kids from competing for all but like 5% of the seats, which has jewish groups freaking out. the other 95% of seats will go to only top students in city middleschools, shutting out kids that move to the city recently, and potentially risking all out rebellion of asian parents whose kids stand to lose the most number of seats under any arraignment, but particularly this one that could see their numbers cut by more than half since they are so over represented now. alumni groups are all freaking out too and trying to rally support.

now blasio cant put this plan into action without the state senate going along with it. the biased tests are mandated by a state law. he can and will however use his power (as he should have done years ago) to as much as double the dismally small black and latino enrollment through a number of adjustments he can make, but instead of doing that first to start fixing the problem hes decided to stoke a parental race war over top high school seats while he waits for the republican senate majority to fall out of power.

the status quo needs to change but this feels like a particularly divisive way to go about it and pretty drat late in his term too but im no politician.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KomradeX posted:

Every time I see people talk about the proposed change to the tests it all seems like they're clutching their pearls at "lowering standards" its been a pain in the rear end to see all day

when you get a magnet school thats 5% latino in nyc you are loving up so hard its unbelievable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets do it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hunter admission is separate and really hosed up like their kindergarten evaluates 3 year olds for iq and poo poo with a straight face

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

like stuyvesant doesn't?

stuy takes only the score of the afforementioned specialized high school admission test into consideration along with Btech, bxscience, t&h, and a couple other schools and they dont have below 9th grade.

in both cases tho the kids who get in are the ones that have paid for the best coaching

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my mom the mario cuomo groupie upon crossing the governor mario cuomo bridge yesterday: "Mr. Cuomo always wanted rail over this bridge and for his son to say its too expensive to do rail and then put his name on it must have him spinning in his grave"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

while we are wishlisting, death penalty for leaving dog poo poo on the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

who would kill a dog?

also property owners are already dead in my head canon