Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

paul tonko is a neat congressman who represents the congressional district i'm originally from

the previous representative was kirsten gillibrand, who is a poo poo

also cuomo is the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gobbagool posted:

Yeah I realize that. It doesn't make anyone in usny like NYC any more though

capital region peeps only dislike nyc peeps who come upstate. everyone who i've ever known liked nyc itself.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you're closer to jersey tho

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

all new yorkers, upstate downstate finger lakes buffalo adirondaks and everywhere else, can all agree: new jersey is the real enemy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Tbf gillibrand is actually pretty cool

gillibrand is loving awful bro. source: she was the representative of my district

tonko, the dude what took her place, is actually cool and good, however

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

paul tonko: one of the most liberal members of congress

kirsten gillibrand: actual literal blue dog

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Matt Zerella posted:

Did you just unironically link to a daily caller article?

gobbagool is monumentally stupid so you shouldn't even have to ask

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea most bomb-threats are students trying to get out of tests, or trying to censor speakers they disagree with.

yes i'm sure students are making bomb threats against jewish temples to get out of tests :psypop:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Not sure where the "jewish" part of not "every loving bomb threat" came from but, agreed.

so you're just incapable of inferring things through context then? or did you just not read any of the preceeding posts at all

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Did you know that "bomb threats" are a thing that happens very often, and usually they are called in against non-denominational public schools.

Or to put it another way, not every loving bomb threat has to do with Jews, in fact the vast majority of them do not.

the conversation in the thread was about bomb threats being called in to jewish centers

sweet christ, i hope you aren't this bad at following a conversation in person

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

noooooooooooooooooooooooo :gonk:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

goose willis posted:

Cuomo comes from the same sort of family background like Romney in which the surname's patriarch has decided that his sons must aspire to increasingly high political office and constantly grasp towards the presidency

the thing is mario cuomo was good and if andrew cuomo just aspired to be his father that'd be cool

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

uncurable mlady posted:

I mean... isn't that most states outside of their core cities? Most of upstate seems about as bad as anywhere else in the country.

upstate ny is worse than most of the rest of the country, though i think west virginia and where i currently live in southern oregon might beat even upstate ny out

like unless you're in saratoga springs or the tech parts of albany or a few, very few other select locations, poo poo is dire

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like, you don't know how bad poo poo can get until you've driven through amsterdam

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

uncurable mlady posted:

the state itself is beautiful. The people, ehh...

same in upstate new york, and also in new hampshire (actually new hampshire has the rudest people i've ever encountered, and i lived in fuckin new york my whole life rofl), and also same here in oregon outside of portland and ashland

rurals in vermont and (at least western) massachussettes are like the only exception to this rule that i have seen

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it is pretty cool that i decided to stay in oregon after moving out here to finish my degree because southern oregon university is cheaper than fuckin hudson valley community college was, and now i could have just stayed there and gotten my bs for free lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i mean it at least makes some sort of sense to try and keep college grads in-state to try and stave off brain drain, especially upstate

it is still not great but it also isn't the worst thing ever

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Unfortunately, according to Wikipedia, her home is in Duanesburg, which is in the 20th, represented by Democrat Paul Tonko.

bahahaha what, i used to live in duanesburg (specifically delanson) and this:

quote:

She and her husband Eric own and live on a small sheep farm in Duanesburg, New York

yeah that's fuckin duanesburg alright

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

etalian posted:

Trump real campaign slogan is make New Jersey Commuters Wait Again

build the wall to keep new jerseyans confined in their shithole state

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Silver conviction overturned. Prosecutors have the option to try again. Except that there's no replacement for Preet to go through with it.

lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cynthia nixon seems good and cool imo even if i hated her show

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

King Louie posted:

does anyone know of any good round ups on cuomo so i can get educated about how terrible he is?

i like the time he formed a panel to investigate corruption in new york politics and then axed it when they started investigating people close to him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

uuuugggggghhhhhh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i will be extremely buttmad if paul tonko endorses cuomo over nixon, he's seemingly the only good dem in new york state

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Glambags posted:

gently caress em, wfp is Very Good. Nixon for NY

:yeah:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

:hai:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cynthia nixon is too good for new york.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DO IT

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Nastier Nate posted:

I've been coming around on Gillibrand from a "she's ok I guess, especially for a New York dem" perspective but Lehman Sisters was just dumb as gently caress, but at least it was just a dumb thing she said and not like a yes vote for whatever Trump approved monster comes before the senate. That being said I'm willing to give her a 1-time mulligan if she at least continues to vote correctly.

she backed cuomo over nixon, that is a far worse thing than anything she has said or done.

she was also a blue dog when she was my representative. i have no faith at all that she is the progressive she pretends to be.

GalacticAcid posted:

really all the senate dems are dogshit and i hope a governor or something emerges to run in 2020

i'm not as perturbed at the prospect of another 'bad dem' president as some ppl since then at least ppl will feel compelled to organize independently of the campaign apparatus, whereas with, say, a president sanders, all the left-liberal energy will go to defending the sitting US president. and recent events have shown that sitting dem officeholders can respond to independent organizing pressure ~ even sitting gop officeholders as in the wake of the teachers' strikes

i think the only two options for progressive democrats is to hope and pray for president sanders, or hope and pray for their chosen centrist candidate to lose bigly to trump and for the blue wave to not happen this year. and well, the blue wave is in serious jeopardy since the democrats have been sabotaging progressives and backing ex-intelligence officers and even anti-abortion dems, so hey.

DEEP STATE PLOT has issued a correction as of 16:27 on May 16, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

uncurable mlady posted:

anyway i don't believe tonko has a primary challenger.

tonko is good so it'd be kinda dumb to challenge him anyhow

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Holy poo poo, Bill DeBlasio with a straight up, clear, unambiguous “Bernie Would Have Won” on the Brian Lehrer show this morning.

https://overcast.fm/+Ky0NwUw/08:54

(Starts around the 9 minute mark. Also, if you don’t listen to Brian Lehrer in general, and the mayor weekly in particular, you’re doing your understanding of NY politics a major disservice.)

bdb pisses me off because he is simultaneously correct but also unbelievably dumb and not good at being a politician

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Knight posted:

Crossposting, but New York State claims it's going to kick Spectrum out for failing to do anything it promised before its merger (SURPRISE!)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/27/17622846/spectrum-charter-cable-internet-new-york-kicked-out

y'know, after moving out of new york, i thought i'd never fuckin miss time warner internet. but charter is the provider here and somehow, against all odds, they are worse in every way. so congrats on kicking their dumb asses out :toot:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wait the fuckin idc got headshotted? :laffo:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well it's nice to see that sometimes good things are still possible in hellworld

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Upstate is in the news! We've even made it to RT! I wonder what's it about!

..oh. :smith:

i used to live nearby in delanson so i was worried this might have included people i know. thankfully it appears that nobody i know out that way was involved or knew anyone who was involved, either.

i don't know how the gently caress that limo driver blew that intersection, i've driven that road many times and there's multiple signs saying 'yo there's a stop sign ahead' and it happened in the middle of the day. the families should sue the everloving poo poo out of the limo company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm in NY-20, Tonko is safe and also I think good? He ran unopposed in the primaries and I think is also running unopposed in the general.

tonko owns bones and i am glad that he was my representative when i live out there