Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gobbagool posted:

Many of us upstate would be glad to give everything south of Orange and Putnam county to NJ. You could then outlaw guns and cars and meat and whatever else you don't like and leave the rest of us alone

Easier for Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan to secede as a new state, and let Old New York and New Jersey fight over Staten Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm really enjoying how this thread is turning into an upstate vs NYC slap fight.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

LmaoTheKid posted:

So it's true to the title.

There's more of us, and we make more money, and we have our cultural hegemony, so I'm thinking we'll win.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Guns are bad and I wish they'd be taken away like you're all so paranoid about. Thank you.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gobbagool posted:

Another downstate doushebag self identifies

Is that how they spell it upstate?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Bo Deitl is a moron.

Bo Dietl Won’t Be Running as a Republican on Mayoral Ballot

Now, he tried to run as a Democrat, but he's a moron.

quote:

Mr. Dietl, who voted for President Trump and describes himself as a lifelong Republican, had attempted to enroll as a member of the Democratic Party last year when he changed his voter registration to New York City, from Nassau County, so that he could challenge Mr. de Blasio in the Democratic primary. But he filled out the registration form incorrectly by checking the boxes for two political parties — Democratic and Independence — when only one is permitted. As a result he ended up without any party affiliation.

So he went to court about it, and got shut down, and did I mention that he's a moron?

quote:

Mr. Dietl, who is not a registered member of any political party, appeared to have harmed his candidacy during a Republican candidate screening last week when, in the final minutes, he compared a state court judge to Mr. de Blasio’s wife; both woman are black.

quote:

“The judge looked like Charlene de Blasio,” Mr. Dietl told a packed room of Republican Party members and leaders on the Upper East Side during the candidate screening. He was referring to Mr. de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray. “As soon as I saw her,” he said. “I knew I had a problem.”

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/eorden/status/893473143125397504

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does Fliedner have any chance of actually winning today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
It is very confusing to have another politician named "Nixon"