Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

GalacticAcid posted:

slammed that motherfuckin bookmark button

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I look forward to lurking the poo poo out of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cubey posted:

all new yorkers, upstate downstate finger lakes buffalo adirondaks and everywhere else, can all agree: Long Island is the real enemy

ftfy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Holy loling hot drat that frack lover must have a gimmick account that's too dumb to be real

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hey how'd that Queens DSA meeting go? I have a cold and didn't want to sabotage the insurgency.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I voted for Obama twice and he never seized everyone's guns :wtf:

Hopefully he can do better with the shadow government thing he's running now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'd like some Lyft in Ulster county please

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

yeah change it to Staten and Long Islands and I'll sign off on it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Matt Zerella posted:

I need to rewatch that Sopranos episode.

late, but I worked on that episode and made some of the protest signs. some of mine got rejected though, like my Missing Foundation inspired 1492=1933 slogan. good times :italy:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

my union hasn't said poo poo about a constitutional convention, I hadn't heard about it until this thread. But then you've got the other entertainment unions here who are overwhelmingly trumpy as if they can't commit suicide fast enough.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

get that OUT of my face posted:

you mean stage workers and the like? i'd sooner think they'd be anti-trump considering how they work in something as fabulously gay as theater

More like film/tv. But I think the theater crews are just as chud-like for the most part. A lot of white flight commuter wannabe tough guys.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

the people you'd normally consider "theater people" are a really small portion of the people who actually work in theater. imagine a moonlighting fireman from Staten Island, it's more like that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

get that OUT of my face posted:

in different news, i saw the new trains and i'm glad that the A and C lines are finally gonna be able to retire their old-rear end trains.

boo bring back Redbirds

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

pinghamton

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sometime in the 90s there was this landlord who had a couple tenants killed to get them out of their apartment. He also owned my friend’s building on Ludlow, so I tagged along to the emergency meeting in the street. I thought it was going to be panic about not wanting to get murdered but everyone was basically taking the landlords side because they didn’t have leases. They were teaming up to make sure if anyone came asking about their building they’d have good things to say about him or some poo poo like that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

if only I could cuddle up in a little blanket because it was chilly rather than fighting off AC haters so I don’t have to be drenched in sweat at work during the summer. it’s really either on or off :argh:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress riding a bike in nyc until there’s real, proctected bile lanes

e-lol I’ll leave it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I support bike lanes because we can use them to cordon off and then murder all the cyclists and then use them as extra sidewalks

I support this too. also speed bumps on every block for cars and bikes.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I voted for Nixon because I'd like to push everything further left but if she somehow wins and keeps pushing to cut back on tax breaks for film/tv then I'll feel like an idiot because that's my job at stake. Luckily I don't think I'm in danger so GO NIXON :lol:

It was also fun voting against Peralta, gently caress that guy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress you Peralta! And you too Nixon for trying to stab your own industry in the back but thanks for the pressure on Cuomo.

I assume you are both goons.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

my polling place in Jackson heights was loving packed and I don’t think it was just slow machines, that crowd was bigger than 2016 imo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I want it to get cold enough to do that thing where you throw a bucket of water in the air and it turns into a cloud of ice crystals or whatever.

I’m glad this cold snap isn’t going to last long but while it’s here bring it onnnnnn

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

haveblue posted:

You could probably do this in the Midwest right now

I know, besides the obvious threat to vulnerable people I’m a little jealous. I thought I had seen some vicious temperatures here but the lowest nyc temp in my life has been around -2.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

whatis posted:

i'm pretty much the only one of my friend group growing up that's actually left the upstate new york area for any significant period of time (i've since returned) and they are pretty much all on the "upstate should split because NYC drains our taxes" bandwagon. this came up in a convo last week, and when i explained that we actually massively benefit from taxes, they're response was:

1) we pay way more in taxes than we get back and anything that says otherwise is fake news
2) the high taxes are a big reason why it's hard to get businesses to come/remain in WNY

the first point is completely loving stupid, but while there's some merit to the second, i pointed out that lowering taxes won't accomplish anything. it all falls on deaf ears of course, but it's hilarious to see people get flustered when someone outside of the echo chamber tells them how loving dumb they are.

got any good links about this? I spend a decent amount of time in the Hudson valley and know some people who are also staunch believers that the city drains the tax money. I’m just like “uhhh... pretty sure that’s wrong” but I could use some good info to make up for the huge gaps in my knowledge about local politics.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

actually it owned because you could watch a great nfl team play the islanders for like $20 a pop

we need more sport crossovers like that

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Real hurthling! posted:

gravity knives finally loving legalized

anyone seen a handy guide to what’s legal now and what isn’t? As a knife user who works with a ton of other knife users I’d love to be able to point out what could or couldn’t get people in trouble.

For legal concealed carry is it just blades under 4” that aren’t stilettos, daggers or dirks? whatever that means.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

passed this going on yesterday

how many of you goons are in there?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tiffany Caban was just over by the bus station in Jackson Heights and everyone was so energetic and positive :3: 🤞🏼

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

92% in, goooooooooo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

wth, last seven precincts get your poo poo together I have to sleep

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

do more people in the city die on foot or on bikes?

e- there’s this, it’s not really clear though. https://nyc.streetsblog.org/2019/06/05/road-fatalities-are-way-up-yes-thats-an-asterisk/

I stopped riding a bike a while back after too many friends got badly injured. then a coworker got doored/killed by a truck. gently caress these fake bike lanes.

Snowy has issued a correction as of 11:52 on Jul 3, 2019

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Real hurthling! posted:

then in the park the lovely old men in spandex going 40mph on 10,000 dollar bikes treat me the same way while they are screaming at people crossing the park road in a crosswalk with the proper signal for daring to slow them down.

speed bumps for all crosswalks

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

goddamn is this real

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

anyone sorted out the five proposals up for nyc vote tomorrow? I was thinking 1-yes 2-yes 3-yes by I’m not sure about the last two. I postponed reading up on it and now I have a crazy work day.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Yeah, I think the goon consensus was YES on 1, 2, and 3, and NO on 4 and 5.

4's too vaguely-written and could be easily abused, and while 5 is a nice idea, giving development delay power to Community Boards, in reality most community boards are absolute poo poo and it would just be used to stall bike lanes.

awesome thank you :respek:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DoctorWhat posted:

i still have to work

lucky

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this isn’t politics per se, but anyone file for unemployment using the NYS website? I think I did everything I’m supposed to, but there are more instructions that don’t match up with the options I have on the website

yeah but I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I can say to be as accurate as you can. my gf accidentally said she had one job instead of two and now she has to call in to talk to someone. it’s been a week of unsuccessful attempts to get through.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

my manager was telling everyone in late February to start filing for unemployment because he wasn’t completely oblivious to the writing on the wall in 1000pt neon text, unlike 99% of hospitality managers

while they were still employed? I don’t think that’s possible.

meanwhile my gf still hasn’t gotten through on the phone and is missing a week of benefits now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

we were trying for weeks to get my gf’s account created. mine worked on the first try online but hers needed confirmation over the phone for whatever reason. about a thousand calls or more later she gets a message saying they’ll call her back to complete it. maybe four days later they called from a private number. I think they hired a ton more people who call from their own phones, then handwave you through. the nice lady said to wait a few days then start claiming. about five days later the site says she should be able to claim tomorrow.

it’s all a total shitshow but if she starts getting her checks too then we might not get forclosed on so 🤞🏼

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

managed to get through and get my direct deposit set up, finally getting some unemployment insurance feels real nice

yeah my gf’s claim finally went through. goddamn that took a crazy amount of work.

now my main fear is that the enhanced ui runs out. we would be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I voted absentee last time but this time I’m definitely going to risk getting sick

I want my worthless vote to get counted :v: