Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Wow, I can't believe I read the whole thread!!!!!!

E: Just so I'm not threadshitting, can anyone link good voting resources for new NYC residents? I moved back to Manhattan year ago, and registered for the dems so I could vote in the presidential election, but have since moved across island. I don't really have a good idea on the structure of local government, who my state representatives are, when they'll be up for re-election, or any other local or neighborhood politics I should be aware of or even if I need to update my voter registration with my new address!!!!

DisgracelandUSA has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

LegionAreI posted:

Community College residence hall issues are a whoooooole other discussion, but yes, students now have the option for that at many of the county-based CCs now.

:frogon:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

This is a good post. The concern about funding is awfully valid. Imagine if Excelsior only funded people to go to private universities. We'd have the same problem, shifted up a run on the meritocracy ladder.

Also, lol at tons of people getting super defensive about CC when no one was even talking poo poo.

E: But also, more CC dorm stories please!!!!!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Rated PG-34 posted:

this is a really dum argument

Yes, but keep it going, I'm almost there

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Is that true? They described the people involved applying for other assistance. Surely it's much easier to apply for food stamps/unemployment/etc if you have a roof over your head and a fixed address. My point isn't that giving them housing solves all of their issues - not doing so doesn't make it bad policy if it makes things better but not perfect.

With what public transportation in the densely populated, easily walkable upstate NY?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Sheen Sheen posted:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that NYC posters unwittingly turned this into the Guillotine.txt thread

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

The solution to MTA woes is to structure your entire life around the G, God's own train.

Previously known as the Ghost Train.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Meatball factory is gross and dumb and doesn't deserve to be uttered in the same sentence as Xi'ans thanks a god bless

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

Neera, I showed you my Caucus, Please Respond

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

so nycha is trying to tear down 3 fulton house towers in chelsea in a pilot program where they put the tenants in private buildings leased on the public land.

like phase 1: build new private tower on nycha parking lot, move residents of old buildings in or to nearby building
phase 2: knock down old buildings and replace with new private buildings at 70% market rate 30% affordable.

its gonna be a human disaster if they get approval but considering how they surprised everyone with the plan they know its dastardly.

theres gonna be a lot of dumbass short sighted and racist deals for nycha property in desireable neighborhoods cause they need like 35 billion dollars asap to keep the system from imploding and no one wants to help them except real estate vultures.

As a Chelsea resident, please God no. What can I do?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Postponed, as opposed to preponed.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Marx Headroom posted:

genuinely surprised theyre not gonna set up NYPD escape from new york style checkpoints across the jersey line to contain the skunky threat

I mean, they can just station cops with dogs in Penn Station and PATH stations, yeah?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

I'm getting my crab rave google search ready.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

QUEER FRASIER posted:

anyone watching this debate?? I’m impressed by Wiley and Morales so far. Garcia and Donovan are such loving losers lol

scott stringer namedropping tara reid seemed uhhhhh very ballsy

Just tuned in and ho poo poo is this debate spicy.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

betaraywil posted:

My five are:
1) Curtis Sliwa
2) Pizza Rat
3) Garcia until Tuesday, when footage comes out of her feeding a baby to a pit of factory farmed hogs
4) Chirlane McCray
5) The Twin Towers

...I'm sad y'all

(Ed real talk Wiley and Garcia still seem fine. I guess the Obama skeleton guy?)

Paper Boy Prince lookin real good about now.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Has someone made a new Crab Rave video yet??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Politico posted:

My mom made it clear, never allow someone to be disrespectful to you. That woman disrupted a meeting where all the participants were acting respectfully and cordially to get their issues heard,” Adams said during the interview. “She disrupted that, and then she was degrading on how she communicated with me. I’m not going to allow civil service to be disrespected, and I’m not going to be disrespected as the mayor of this city.

Dude doubled down and is posting through it.