Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ogmius815 posted:

Turnstile jumpers should be punished though. why should they just get away with not paying the fare?

edit: oh they're just getting a fine in Manhattan now and not being arrested; jumpers aren't getting away with poo poo they're paying fines. that makes sense. never mind.

Counterpoint: Why should anyone pay the fare when practically none of it seems to feed back into mta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So was there any response to the white nationalists marching around Lower Manhattan or is this whole city as useless as the Dems?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

poo poo, I had no idea that was going on.

They were walking near Seward Park when I saw them. Wouldn't be surprised if they had close to 100 people with them.

Also had some oval office in a MAGA hat come in. We just ignored her until she left

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Pretty sure all eyes were on Boston today and that's how those guys were able to stealth their way into the city.

Tell Antifa next time, if anyone is gonna do something about it, it's them.

You can't say they "stealthed their way into the city" given that they were easily twice the size of the Boston rally and screaming far-right chants in one of the busiest parts of the most densely populated city in the country. The only people who seemed to actually be upset about it were my coworkers and an old Chinese guy who was working nearby. I get that New Yorkers are supposed to be the masters of ignoring everything, but when it comes to something like this, it's loving disgusting.

I'm seriously melting down over this.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

What part of Lower Manhattan?

I haven't seen a thing about this on any of the DSA fb groups or anything. Is it still going on? Is it proudboy poo poo?

Around Chinatown. There marching down Essex/into Rutgers heading towards East River. Also, I didn't see any police with them, so there were either so few that it didn't matter or none at all. :thunk:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

What I meant was that those groups' MO is to usually announce they're coming in advance for the attention and to generate reactions. Either they didn't do that or the people who monitor for these marches didn't catch it because their attention was elsewhere. Do you think was a spontaneous march or did these guys look well-organized?

Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Most of them were shirtless and wearing olive drab shirts. Quite a few of them were also carrying flags. I wouldn't say they were well-organized, but it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm just going to take what happened as further proof the New York is a garbage city

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

a dude smashed out the confederate flag guys windows and yelled "wutang is for the kids" as he was being put in a squadcar.

owns

A candle light of hope in a city of darkness.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Crown Heights Bar Owner Refuses To Remove 'Bullet Hole' Wall: 'I'm Sorry I Have A Sense Of Humor'

It would be great if we could get woke twitter to defend her.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

iirc she's not even american, she's a former corporate attorney from canada who decided to come here and splash money around

I'll vote for Trump if he promises to build a border wall around Canada.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

i heard that grant wasn't even a drunk, that was just a line of attack his opponents used against him and it stuck

Tear his loving statue down now!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

KomradeX posted:

So one of the guys from Last Podcast on the Left is running for Brooklyn Borough President. 2017 is a weird loving year

Is he campaigning on dismantling Wall Street's numerous child sex slave rings?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

you mean stage workers and the like? i'd sooner think they'd be anti-trump considering how they work in something as fabulously gay as theater

You're either vastly overestimating Trump's homophobia or vastly underestimating just how terrible theater people can be, maybe both.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/938125776859394049

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Crusader posted:

edit: oh ok, everyone the police interact with is guilty

This but not in the way that article means

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

the mayor of the city of new york is colloquially referred to as the 2nd most powerful man in america for a long time whether or not its true
i've heard it my whole life

Have you heard anyone outside of New York say that?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Someone rescue that poor thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/979474307205271552?s=19