Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I'm here for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Can we all shut the gently caress up about our petty geographical differences and instead focus on a worthwhile goal like getting Anthony Weiner's pixel-censored penis into the primaries for 2020

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Trump once spoke about the size of his mongo member but can this throbbin' thickie stand up to the power phallus of a permanently-erect weirdo from loving Brooklyn

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Part of me is hoping that the 2016 election cycle has created a deep resentment for any NY-based politicians

On the other hand they're already trying to promote Chelsea Clinton as the upcoming Savior of the Democratic Party so gently caress

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm finding all of the pro-Chelsea articles unnerving

Also as a Warren fan I think there's some sort of movement growing for her which is cool + good

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

"Safe blue states" as a concept needs to end because you will never get anything more than the worst generic establishment Democrats since they can field the same bullshit every election and win by default without any serious opposition because the left-leaning segment of the population figures that things are OK because there's a politician or two with a (D-) in front of their names when they see them on the evening news

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Uncle Wemus posted:

How does the rest of the state view NYC

$$$

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Any state that is a "safe blue/red state" is bound to have horrible politicians because they don't even need to bother with fielding good candidates since they will automatically beat the opposition every time

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What if state Republicans could somehow be nudged leftwards and be made to come across as more threatening than they currently are

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

The DNC just picked Tom Perez so there goes 2020

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

The nice thing about all of this is that a whole ton of people are aware for the very first time that there is a DNC head and they now know who he is

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What if the state Republicans could be pushed into being less lovely and then the state Democrats will have to face real competition for once

I mean it's not like the generic party Democrats we get are any different from centrist Republicans anyway

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Cuomo cackles from his gilded throne, his hopes for a 2020 run bolstered

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

GalacticAcid posted:

Apparently Cuomo supports restricting prison visits in Maximum Security prisons to 3 days a week instead of the current 7. Here's a petition urging him to reverse that.

If anyone has further ideas on how to combat this measure please let me know, I'll be happy to take further action.

I'm sorry friend but change.org petitions are more or less worthless and are solely used for virtue signalling via Facebook shares

Also good luck getting Cuomo to change his mind on that because he probably wants to appear "tough on crime" for his planned 2020 run

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Cuomo comes from the same sort of family background like Romney in which the surname's patriarch has decided that his sons must aspire to increasingly high political office and constantly grasp towards the presidency

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Just close off all access to Staten Island and ship all the prisoners there and in two hundred years we can come back and they'll all be eating Vegemite and punching out kangaroos

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Voted my loving rear end off man, voted so loving hard

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

We have a budget ???

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

quote:

ALBANY — After a week of impasse and the worst budget crisis of his administration, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo emerged from his Capitol office late Friday night to announce a deal on a $153 billion budget for New York State.

What percentage of this is going to be spent on USB chargers in buses

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

whatis posted:

hahahaHAHAHA THEY'RE BAD CITIES HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, yeah

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

My favorite part about this college aid thing is that it allows Cuomo to claim he's progressive even though it only helps a few people and isn't exactly "free college for all" like all the headlines keep stating

In other words he's working hard as gently caress on that 2020 run

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

To this day I refuse to believe there is actually a human being named Zephyr Teachout

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

quote:

Over the years, Ms. Bloomberg has become one of the most outspoken and visible critics of New York City’s public schools, regularly castigating the Education Department’s leadership at forums and in the news media. Most of her criticism is aimed at actions that she says perpetuate a segregated and unequal educational system and that penalize black and Latino students. Through the years, she has helped organize protests and assemblies to push for integration and equal resources and treatment for her almost entirely black and Latino student body.

I'm pretty sure that's the real reason and the communist stuff is just a smokescreen

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I wonder if with how ridiculously far-right Russia is getting and with the non-existence of the Soviet Union maybe we'll see communism being openly discussed again instead of being isolated to some weird people with bad facial hair sitting in bookstores wearing drab colors

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Supply chain issues are keeping the electricity in shipping containers because nobody wants to work

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

loving Mitt OMNY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

At least Sliwa would have been funny