Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

The fact that there was basically nobody campaigning to vote Y on 1, 3, 4 or even any kind of education whatsoever is political malpractice of the highest caliber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

quote:

“It didn’t strike me as anything covert or malicious," she said. "She was very open about it. I got the sense that she did what she thought she was supposed to do.”

Just showing up to work the polls with a stamp of the name of one particular candidate. Normal poll worker things.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Adams is just dumb as gently caress and super corrupt, so I'm assuming some crypto bro gave him a suitcase of cash and now he's just parroting words with no idea what they mean. Like does anyone believe "the kids" are coming up to him and saying they aren't afraid of bitcoins anymore?

I assume that a few weeks after he takes office the comptroller's office or whoever is responsible for paying people will write a report saying "it isn't feasible to rework the entire payroll system and we can't legally force people to get paid in anything that USD" and Adams will not even remember and care and have found a shiny new ratbucket to shill by then anyway.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

If he makes it all four years without a corruption indictment I will be genuinely surprised.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Quoting your own posts to day "I called it" is probably considered gauche so just uh scroll up on this exact page.

Lmao Adams is so loving dumb it's incredible.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

absolutely a joke that a subway system full of cops and cameras has no idea where this dude is or what he looks like other than some panicked eyewitness accounts

They're still going with "heavyset man wearing green construction vest and gas mask" like bruh he probably took those off already. RIP to any fat guys working asbestos abatement today. Also the cameras at the station were all broken because of course they were.

I saw someone mentioning Epistein suicide conspiracy people are always like "Wait wait you expect me to believe that the security cameras were ALL broken? And the cops are ALL incompetent? And they were ALL forging their duty records?? That the entire law enforcement apparatus was a Potemkin village of corruption and abuse???" like *gestures around at everything and Rikers in particular*

edit: it was this post in the other thread credit where it's due: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032497&pagenumber=4349&perpage=40&userid=0#post522763449

mrmcd has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Apr 12, 2022

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

But how will we pay for all these new teachers??? We already spent all that money on cops.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Echo Chamber posted:

Andrew Yang actually had a decent shot in the primary, but then he opened his mouth and clarified what he actually believes in.

He gave us this thread title which is his most enduring legacy if we're being honest.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

KomradeX posted:

So I think I just realized the real reason they city passed this stupid as gently caress garbage has to go out at 8pm law. Its so that the homeless and desperately poor that pick over the recycling have to do it under cover of darkness so as to not be an "eye sore"

Nah Eric Adams is just dumb and obsessed with rats and was screaming at his sanitation commissioner to DO SOMETHING.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Like people forget about the time when he was BP and called a press conference to show a dozen reporters a bucket of 50 waterlogged dead rats while he rambled incoherently about rats. He thought that was a totally normal thing stable genius leaders do.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah my (admittedly layman's) understanding is Manslaughter 2 is the closest slam dunk. Everything else requires proving intent to seriously injure or kill which has much more murkiness the defense can use especially when he has deep chud funded pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

NYC mayors are all weird in their own way because NYC is a schizo town with bizarre politics, but Adams is seriously one of the weirdest of my lifetime.

That New Yorker article was wild.