Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Okay, I have read this thread, and this is still not entirely clear to me: if I want to start "getting involved" with specifically Democratic party organizing in Brooklyn in an in-person way, somewhere like this is where to start? New Kings Democrats seems the most active/most open progressive one. Prospect Heights Demorats for Reform seems tiny. And they all seem to be more monthly than weekly or biweekly, though. Is anyone part of a "political clubhouse"?
edit: VVV thanks. Sounds like a reasonable plan.

onefish has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

oh, i know. if anybody is in brooklyn, vote for the slate of anti-machine judges on the ballot this tuesday. this village voice article has a good rundown of the process and the guy challenging seddio

consider not just voting for either slate! There's info on the judicial race from someone who did (convincing) in-depth personal research here.

onefish has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Sep 12, 2017

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Did the "Cy Vance is corrupt, write in Marc Fliedner for Manhattan DA" thing get discussed in this thread at all? http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/10/scandal-plagued-cy-vance-suddenly-has-a-write-in-challenger.html
I got weirdvibes from Fliedner in the Brooklyn DA race but this still seems like an okay idea. There's other stuff to be pissed at Cy Vance about https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/921204674488778752 and there's no Republican who could win if the vote's split, so... do this?
There's a part of me that worries Fliedner could be a kook that we shouldn't be encouraging, but I think responsible people more involved in politics than I am have met him and said he seems like a good guy.

onefish has issued a correction as of 21:12 on Nov 6, 2017