Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

Rubin also ran the android project for the first half of its life at google. he was the guy who made all of the important decisions that made Android the pile of garbage it is today.

reminder that anroid was built to compete with blackberry and by the time the iphone came out too much of the base layer had been built so all touch functionality had to be shoehorned in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mods ???

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

half an inch thick

these people are broken and won't ever stop

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

the gray android thread is currently in the middle of a discussion about the amount of ram a phone they are interested in has

waiting for godot continues

OldAlias posted:

lol. never had problems with my SE where I wished I had more ram, wtf are they using their phones for

comics

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i can't find it so just pretend i posted kirk_razor_meltdown.txt

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and rubs of line of it on my forehead

"republic of gamers" he murmurs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

nice meltdown

anroid lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

waiting for godot across hardware and software generations

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HoboMan posted:

agreed, im still rocking a

what the gently caress is with dweebs and insisting on continuing to use this term

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Midjack posted:

nate dogg said he was going to rock it until the wheels fell off.:colbert:

dweebs sharing their anroid models are very far away from nate dogg

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

OldAlias posted:

he’s loving his telephone?

are you aware of which subforum you're in ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Boiled Water posted:

source your quotes

its me im the quote searcher and it's hn

which is pretty rare for this thread tbh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nice

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

waiting for godot 3q 2018

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Doc Block posted:

u don't have to report back

see u in the fall bb

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
no screens in the bedroom

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

imagine buying this instead of an ipad

q4 2018: waiting for godot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pinterest Mom posted:

I met a guy in his mid 20s this summer who was *dual wielding* blackberries

he had a blackberry passport, and a blackberry key 2

thats fine

Pinterest Mom posted:

his job is "graduate student"

deadly combination, avoid this person at all costs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

i.e. "unemployed", working on unlocking "unemployable"

doesn't matter, dad's rich as gently caress and they can cruise being a shitlord forever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

lest they kill off scholar next

several groups of people at my place of employment spent months trying to get in contact with a single live person that works on scholar

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fun fact: scholar doesn't allow any aws ips to use its service

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dielectric posted:

Doubly so for hardware.

google doesnt make hardware

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

fun fact: scholar doesn't allow any aws ips to use its service

after 5 months of trying to get in touch with anyone their answer was 'we dont care'

hey pal you realize like all of academia is moving to vdi on aws

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

huawei though is confirmed for doing this poo poo, they literally are a spy agency of the chinese government

im not doing anything wrong so i dont care :smug:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i really hope a third alternative does surface at some point

ubuntu phone kick starter iyo? :iamunfunny:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
huh, it's gone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

What was the name of that initiative where Google tried to get all the OEMs to commit to 3yr support cycles for all the phones they make only for them to give up on the initiative within 6 months? This was back in the 2.3 days

project butter

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LastInLine posted:

this cant be real

throw all the poo poo at the wall forever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

red's tacky rear end industrial design made so much more sense to me when I learned the founder used to be ceo of oakley

oh lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

my sony android

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Andoird: as if I'm supposed to be intimidated.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

there is no money being made driving Uber. nobody is correctly assessing the wear and depreciation of their vehicle. on average an Uber driver drives 1 mile empty for ever mile with passenger. that’s doubling the costs for every passenger mile and cutting the pay in half.

i took three lyfts while travelling two months ago and two of the drivers just out of nowhere were like 'signing up for this was a big mistake'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one of the drivers had made a life bet and sold everything to move from podunk texas to a major metro area and got his lease and poo poo thru lyft and was just completely hamstrung

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you mean leasing a top of the line escalade and driving it for a pittance wasn't a savvy financial move? color me shocked.

this one in particular was like a used lincoln continental or smth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

andoird

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

idk who that is

beos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

i don't know about the Big Game thing but here is his long-suffering wife's opinion on the matter

yeesh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

So are there any good Android phones yet?

no lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rapeface posted:

Yeah, I don't forsee it working for anyone without the best internet connection money can buy even with their 7500 edging locations and I wouldn't trust Google to see anything through anyway.

It goes beyond the other game streaming services, it's a dev platform supported by Unreal/Unity that lets you do cool things on the cloud. So instead of simulating multiple copies of a game that connects to a server, it's all there in a single, synced instance that can have really complex physics or whatever because there's no client-side calculation.

Split screen co-op wouldn't incur a performance penalty. Shareable game-states off a browser url, game invites off a url, video streaming can obviously been done from the cloud. I think this is unique, but tbh I haven't paid that much attention to game streaming.

Most of the coolest poo poo needs devs to start with developing on the cloud instead of just porting it so it's pretty unlikely, but just the fact everyone has a browser means the barrier to entry for a new player is lower than a flash game. Having a free triple AAA game demo available at a click in a browser and having it seamlessly transition into the full game because google knows all your credit card details might get studios to try it. Even if it's just a decent port, they announced Doom Eternal will be launching at 4k HDR 60 fps. For a college student without money to blow on a great computer, that's an awesome value proposition.

And here's a cool ML art prototyping thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUih5C5rOrA&t=3340s

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i love this fondleslab so much it just breaks all the time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

verge score: 10/10

finally, the iphone killer has arrived.